ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Young - 5 star

Wrong again. You said we'd move down. Moved up to number 9 in the 247 composite overall final ranking

8th in per player average
Chaseball said ND would drop in team recruiting rankings to the 12 range.

Still #9 on Rivals, which is all I ever read.

Reactions: chaseball
Very happy with NDs solid finish this season, been accustomed to those last minute slips in recent years. I'll probably make a post later about the final result

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Very happy with NDs solid finish this season, been accustomed to those last minute slips in recent years. I'll probably make a post later about the final result

You’ve gotta be more impressed that we’re stringing better than our normal classes consecutively versus the usual once in a while above average class.

Reactions: BGI User 756
That’s curious. When ND loses a recruit or misses out on a recruit, it takes you nanoseconds to post a negative thread.

But you need time to celebrate the commitment of another Top 100 player?

4-star #96 ovr in 247 composite. you can't cherry pick different services and change up the criteria when it's convenient or favors your home team in some way.

ND is up to #10 in the 2024 247 composite class rankings, but they got several programs biting at their heels that can drop them to #12 or #13 by NSD in a couple of weeks.

again, status quo class that lacks star power that we've all come to expect at Notre Dame.

looking forward to being the 10th best team in the country/early exit in playoff over the next several years
Is this board on 247?

Its a composite and a good tool to use but his numbers weren't updated and were wrong
My numbers weren't wrong. I projected that ND would slip behind two programs biting at their heels, but those two other programs didn't get any last minutes signees and stayed put. In the last 5 or so classes ND would start top 5 during first half of cycle, then slip down to somewhere between 10-15th by official signing day. That late-slip in the class rankings happened this class as well, but not to the same extent it usually does.

My critique earlier in the thread of NDs class relative to the rest of the field is the same. However, I am happy with NDs improved performance in the transfer portal paired with this #10 class. The talent is getting better, but still way too far behind. But progress is progress and credit is due.

Reactions: notredame79
My numbers weren't wrong. I projected that ND would slip behind two programs biting at their heels, but those two other programs didn't get any last minutes signees and stayed put.

My critique earlier in the thread of NDs class relative to the rest of the field is the same. However, I am happy with NDs improved performance in the transfer portal paired with this #10 class. The talent is getting better, but still way too far behind. But progress is progress and credit is due.
No you refernced Bryce Youngs rankings but as I said, the rankings weren't updated and he would move up. Along with sone others which they did

So yes your numbers were wrong

Also, as I said, there wasn't many signees left out there to get because basically everyone was signed. And that also turned out true

And again you said 10th ranked class and your number is wrong because they finished 9th

So yes your numbers were wrong on both player and now overall ranking

It would be really nice if just one person would steelman my argument just one time.

Whether ND finished anywhere from 7th-15th the overall points I'm making would stay the same. Not good enough class. Not good enough talent. We're still playing in the minor leagues. Still too many competitors recruiting way too many of the elite kids and bullying ND out nearly entirely. THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE OR ND HAS ZERO CHANCE OF WINNING A NATIONAL TITLE.

It would be really nice if just one person would steelman my argument just one time.

Whether ND finished anywhere from 7th-15th the overall points I'm making would stay the same. Not good enough class. Not good enough talent. We're still playing in the minor leagues. Still too many competitors recruiting way too many of the elite kids and bullying ND out nearly entirely. THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE OR ND HAS ZERO CHANCE OF WINNING A NATIONAL TITLE.
Zero like Michigan and Washington ?

Zero like Michigan and Washington ?
it's funny how you've learned the concept of outliers as it relates to prospect rankings and ultimately how those prospects turn out as players. But you fail to be able to apply that same logic as it relates to the types of teams/programs that are winning national titles over the last 25 years.

it's funny how you've learned the concept of outliers as it relates to prospect rankings and ultimately how those prospects turn out as players. But you fail to be able to apply that same logic as it relates to the types of teams/programs that are winning national titles over the last 25 years.
You said zero. I was just curious if that zero included those 2 or not?

Parody will be more common in college with transfer portal and NIL. And Saban retiring and Dabo not being dominant anymore

More teams can compete for a NC in cfb and we will be in that mix

Reactions: IrishMike409
You said zero. I was just curious if that zero included those 2 or not?

Parody will be more common in college with transfer portal and NIL. And Saban retiring and Dabo not being dominant anymore

More teams can compete for a NC in cfb and we will be in that mix
Washington had an ND like playoff season. Nobody gave them a chance and they predictably got ran over by an elite team.

I think Clemson, and Michigan are the only two teams in the last 20+ years (at least that I can remember) who weren't stacked with elite prospects as per the 247 composite that won national titles.

Both teams have coaches that will be in the college football hall of fame when they retire. Both examples are outlier models/programs/coaches that is futile to try to replicate.

The *real* path to national titles is the battle of acquiring the nations best talent every year, and it's costly, risky, hard work, and requires a culture-revolution all the way up the university hierarchy, but the ND fan base/community refuses to acknowledge this, and here we are decade after decade stuck in status-quo hell with zero accomplishments to show for it and the 2024 class is more of the same.

Last edited:
Washington had an ND like playoff season. Nobody gave them a chance and they predictably got ran over by an elite team.

I think Clemson, and Michigan are the only two teams in the last 20+ years (at least that I can remember) who weren't stacked with elite prospects as per the 247 composite that won national titles.

Both teams have coaches that will be in the college football hall of fame when they retire. Both examples are outlier models/programs/coaches that is futile to try to replicate.

The *real* path to national titles is the battle of acquiring the nations best talent every year, and it's costly, risky, hard work, and requires a culture-revolution all the way up the university hierarchy, but the ND fan base/community refuses to acknowledge this, and here we are decade after decade stuck in status-quo hell with zero accomplishments to show for it and the 2024 class is more of the same.
According to you. But since you've been wrong so often, we must be on the right path

TCU

Bryce is already flashing in spring practice according to MF.

He's going to be a special player at ND. The 5 star ranking will be the correct ranking for him when his college career is finished

Just a freak prospect

He's going to be a special player at ND. The 5 star ranking will be the correct ranking for him when his college career is finished

Just a freak prospect
He did finish ranked in the 247 composite at #73 overall (inside the composite top 100) which is really good -- especially at Notre Dame -- so I was in no way suggesting that Bryce Young is a bad prospect. In fact, any prospect ranked inside the top 100 has a decent shot of developing into a contributor on the 2-deep at ND.

I took issue with the fact that people were mixing up the prospect ranking criteria and citing isolated sources when referencing the prospect's ranking without providing context to where the prospect still ranked overall in the composite.

Bryce Young is a classic case of a late riser (it's always fun seeing the industry change their opiniong so dramatically about a prospect, and for the HC to mention how impressed he is with the player's development) I'm stoked he's at ND. At 6'7 300 lbs he's going to be a monster on the interior of the defensive line.

Just a freak prospect
Same with KVA. I actually think he is the most promising recruit of '24. And we definitely have some top tier ones!

He did finish ranked in the 247 composite at #73 overall (inside the composite top 100) which is really good -- especially at Notre Dame -- so I was in no way suggesting that Bryce Young is a bad prospect. In fact, any prospect ranked inside the top 100 has a decent shot of developing into a contributor on the 2-deep at ND.

I took issue with the fact that people were mixing up the prospect ranking criteria and citing isolated sources when referencing the prospect's ranking without still mentioning where he ranked overall.

He was a classic case of a late riser and i'm very grateful he's suiting up for ND. At 6'7 300 lbs he's going to be a monster on the interior of the defensive line.
He's playing Big End and he's not close to 300 yet. Maybe in the future

He's playing Big End and he's not close to 300 yet. Maybe in the future
I hope he develops into the next jerry tillery at 6 foot 6 300+ lbs who is a passing game destroyer from the interior of the defensive line.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT