ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Young - 5 star

Wow! Young is “this dude”?!!?!!!

Is he our best DE recruit since Lynch and Ishaq? Daelin Hayes was highly regarded too.

Pretty damn exciting. It just feels like Bryce Young is going to be a difference making game-wrecker by Soph year….

Wow! Young is “this dude”?!!?!!!

Is he our best DE recruit since Lynch and Ishaq? Daelin Hayes was highly regarded too.

Pretty damn exciting. It just feels like Bryce Young is going to be a difference making game-wrecker by Soph year….
Lynch and Tuitt are the best 2 DE recruits we signed in the last 15 years imo. I thought Lynch was number 1. It's a shame he left

But after that you could definitely make the argument that Young is next up

He's a freak and his best football is ahead of him. He has all the physical tools to be a day 1 pick

So it's exciting for sure

Lynch and Tuitt are the best 2 DE recruits we signed in the last 15 years imo. I thought Lynch was number 1. It's a shame he left

But after that you could definitely make the argument that Young is next up

He's a freak and his best football is ahead of him. He has all the physical tools to be a day 1 pick

So it's exciting for sure
Agree on Tuitt. Only reason I didn’t mention him is because I remember him playing an inside spot. While I believe that Young will be on the outside.

Reactions: d1042
Young, Lambert, Cam, Carr, KVA……this class is loaded.
Those 5 are as good as any 5 in a class we’ve signed that I can remember. Kedren Young could be great too. After that there’s a pretty big drop off in talent, I’m hoping someone like Tae can prove to be better than their ranking.

Reactions: IrishMike409
4-star #96 ovr in 247 composite. you can't cherry pick different services and change up the criteria when it's convenient or favors your home team in some way.

ND is up to #10 in the 2024 247 composite class rankings, but they got several programs biting at their heels that can drop them to #12 or #13 by NSD in a couple of weeks.

again, status quo class that lacks star power that we've all come to expect at Notre Dame.

looking forward to being the 10th best team in the country/early exit in playoff over the next several years

Last edited:
4-star #96 ovr in 247 composite. you can't cherry pick different services and change up the criteria when it's convenient or favors your home team in some way.

ND is up to #10 in the 2024 247 composite class rankings, but they got several programs biting at their heels that can drop them to #12 or #13 by NSD in a couple of weeks.

again, status quo class that lacks star power that we've all come to expect at Notre Dame.
On3 and espn havent updated their rankings. He will rise to a top 75 player overall. Hes a stud

ND is ranked 7th in per player average on the 247 composite

Just because you take 29 players like LSU doesnt make a better class than ND who has 23. I would take our class over theirs. They just have 6 more players

Very very good class this year. 7th in per player average, 10th overall on the composite

Rivals actually has us 5th in per player avg which may be the highest weve had since 2013

Reactions: jeans525
Notre Dame out recruited Michigan for 2024.
Michigan obviously had world-class player development and the only program in the recruiting-rankings era to do it. Do we have an equally legendary/HoFer head coach who is going to develop 3 & 4 star players into the #1 team in the country? if you believe so, please point me to your evidence.

Michigan obviously had world-class player development and the only program in the recruiting-rankings era to do it. Do we have an equally legendary/HoFer head coach who is going to develop 3 & 4 star players into the #1 team in the country? if you believe so, please point me to your evidence.
Zero interest in any interaction with people like you.

Go play golf.

Reactions: graceh90
Those 5 are as good as any 5 in a class we’ve signed that I can remember. Kedren Young could be great too. After that there’s a pretty big drop off in talent, I’m hoping someone like Tae can prove to be better than their ranking.
LOL Dont agree with the drop off after the top 5/6. Position wise Williams is the 2nd rated RB on Rivals, Johnson is a top 5 DB, Jones is a top 10 OL, Thomas is a top 5 DE.
The only reason the class isnt top 5 overall (by ave star ranking ND is top 5) is because ND signed 23 commits where most of the top 10 signed 27-29 commits. Just no pleasing some of yall.

ND is ranked 7th in per player average on the 247 composite

Just because you take 29 players like LSU doesnt make a better class than ND who has 23. I would take our class over theirs. They just have 6 more players

Very very good class this year. 7th in per player average, 10th overall on the composite

Rivals actually has us 5th in per player avg which may be the highest weve had since 2013

The recruiting rankings formula already deemphasizes the amount of overall points a class gets for high quantity. Basically most of your class ranking is attributed to the top 15-20 players in a class.

Also, in the transfer era, having freshman prospects you can develop for 3-4 years in your program is more valuable than having smaller classes with the rest of your roster filled with 1-year stopgaps (especially when your program isn't competing for a national title)

Smaller classes = higher per player average.

All of this is taken into account in the class ranking formula.

Basically your overall class score relative to all other programs is the best indicator of class quality no matter how much ND fans love to cherry pick information that helps increase the perception of their class.

Also, we're quibbling over ranking spots way back in the 10th-12th range when there are still too many competing programs recruiting in another tier entirely and completely monopolizing the top 50/top 100

• RECRUITING MUST GET BETTER AT NOTRE DAME
  • TALENT ACQUISITION MUST GET BETTER AT NOTRE DAME

HOW MANY MORE YEARS (& DECADES) OF EVIDENCE DO WE NEED ?

The recruiting rankings formula already deemphasizes the amount of overall points a class gets for high quantity. Basically most of your class ranking is attributed to the top 15-20 players in a class.

Also, in the transfer era, having freshman prospects you can develop for 3-4 years in your program is more valuable than having smaller classes with the rest of your roster filled with 1-year stopgaps (especially when your program isn't competing for a national title)

Basically your overall class score relative to all other programs is the best indicator of class quality no matter how much ND fans love to cherry pick information that helps increase the perception of their class.

Also, we're quibbling over ranking spots way back in the 10th-12th range when there are still too many competing programs recruiting in another tier entirely and completely monopolizing the top 50/top 100

You are wrong here. I can add 6 average players on the 247 class calculator and our overall points would pass up LSU.

I would rather higher quality players and add 6 to 8 good transfers and build my team that way

I dont want lesser quality players sitting on my roster eating up scholarships

MF is doing this the right way. Recruiting very good classes. Top 10 every year in per player avg. Then adding good transfer players at spots you may have missed at

They are doing it the exact correct way

Reactions: tbone3114

Oy vey the reason ND finished top 5 in ave on Rivals was because they signed elite recruits. Our lowest recruit was a 5.7. Maybe you need to retake a look at who ND signed. Nearly half of ND's class was top 10ish positon players.
ND signed atleast 1 top 10 player at each position except TE who was #19
QB Carr #4
RB Williams #2 Young #12
DL Young #13 & Thomas #7
LB KVA #2
DB Johnson #5
WR Cam #10
OL Lambert #2 , Jones #10
Throw in the portal with Riley, the SC kicker, Duke DE & some solid vet DB's and WR's ND came out of 23 with a boatload of high end players.

Last edited:
We DO need to get more consensus 5*’s or at least have a stronger footing within the Top100 overall IMO. I also believe we need to do better in the portal. We CAN do this by having a much stronger NIL program. As much money as our program brings in, it should make it way more easy than most have it. We can’t watch teams that are already loaded get most of the elite surefire prospects from the portal. I kind of like what OSU is doing there and truly believe we should mimic it.

I DO believe we’re recruiting very well, just not ELITE.

We DO need to get more consensus 5*’s or at least have a stronger footing within the Top100 overall IMO. I also believe we need to do better in the portal. We CAN do this by having a much stronger NIL program. As much money as our program brings in, it should make it way more easy than most have it. We can’t watch teams that are already loaded get most of the elite surefire prospects from the portal. I kind of like what OSU is doing there and truly believe we should mimic it.

According to rivals, I believe we're 3rd in rivals 100 players this year. We had 5 or 6

According to rivals, I believe we're 3rd in rivals 100 players this year. We had 5 or 6

Yep, that’s VERY nice in comparison to where we had been. I thought I read somewhere that the last three cycles have been the best consecutive cycles in the past 20+ years. Kudos staff!

Now, get some FR AA’s types from the portal once in awhile and I’ll be more than content. Especially in areas of weakness (WR,S) I know academics play a role here, but we can’t let UGA/OSU swoop in and get everyone.

looking forward to being the 10th best team in the country/early exit in playoff over the next several years
#73 on the composite

The issue for me in our recruiting is we still are grabbing 3-5ish very low ceiling players every year… they hurt our recruiting rankings but more importantly hardly ever pan out

I’m all for diamond in the rough but not one that has minimal potential

With that said recruiting is clearly better, just think we need to be more selective early

The issue for me in our recruiting is we still are grabbing 3-5ish very low ceiling players every year… they hurt our recruiting rankings but more importantly hardly ever pan out

I’m all for diamond in the rough but not one that has minimal potential

With that said recruiting is clearly better, just think we need to be more selective early
Pretty much every school does this

Reactions: IrishMike409
Lol can someone explain to me how recruiting is "clearly" better?

Our oline and tight end recruiting has taken a step back to negate the improvements elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5

Our oline and tight end recruiting has taken a step back to negate the improvements elsewhere.
This all you got? Criticizing the units that have 4+ star averages and 3+ years on average of eligibility remaining?

Must be off your game

And you should call Michigan. They must think our recruiting is pretty good

I don't get this fan base. The amount of capacity it has for having smoke blown up its own @ss is other worldly.

We have THE recruiting database (247 composite) that goes back multiple decades now.

But we'll just ignore this and cherry pick services that make our players look better or make our class look better and go with that instead. SMH.

Don't you want good information so that you can accurately gauge where the program stands relative to its peers? Aren't you tired of all of the PR/BS out there? Don't you want facts?

I don't get this fan base. The amount of capacity it has for having smoke blown up its own @ss is other worldly.

We have THE recruiting database (247 composite) that goes back multiple decades now.

But we'll just ignore this and cherry pick services that make our players look better or make our class look better and go with that instead. SMH.

Don't you want good information so that you can accurately gauge where the program stands relative to its peers? Aren't you tired of all of the PR/BS out there? Don't you want facts?
Facts:

247 composite - 10th ranked class overall, 8th in per player average. 5 players in top 75

On3 composite - 10th ranked overall, 9th in per player average. 4 players in top 70

Opinion:

There are 5 classes that were better than ours overall. 6 thru 12 is close depending on who and what you like

Outside of the top 5, I dont think I would trade our class for anyone elses

I will, because i'm probably the right person as i'm the least biased around towards Freeman.

1. If you look at pure ratings/points of our class for 23 and 24 it's 2 of the best ND classes over the last 20 years. It's not finishing top 10 BECAUSE (Here is the key), due to the portal, teams are taking WAY more kids each year, more than ND can and the total points we just can't get to. If you do an apples to apples your top 20 recruits vs ND top 20 recruits each class we'd probably have a chance at being around 5th. We just still can't recruit the numbers other schools can to get us up to top 3 even if we get a bunch of 5 stars. Bama and Georgia are taking 27 or 28 kids each class since the portal opened up. No chance we beat them recruiting ranking wise with them taking those numbers, then they push the weak out.

2. Our skill players and especially QB held us back under Kelly. We had the lines the last 5 years of his coaching but not the overall skill and QB. We now are getting the top QB transfers and the top QBs in the country the last 2 years at the most important position. That's huge. We are getting to the right numbers and talent at WR, and our RB is as good as it gets.

3. I do think our Interior Dline is what is our biggest weakness recruiting right now. We're way off the mark there from what we need compared to everything else. Our oline recruiting under freeman started slow but is absolutely taking off right now since Rudolph got grounded.

Interior Dline is the only thing that will be lacking in talent and depth going forward (we will need to solve this at the portal the next 2 years).

Reactions: BGI User 756

Wrong again. You said we'd move down. Moved up to number 9 in the 247 composite overall final ranking

8th in per player average

Reactions: chaseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT