ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Perkins and our DB's

Rich Starkey

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio
I'm going to hand out some props to Bryce Perkins. UVA doesn't have much of a run game, and against ND it was non-existent. Perkins was in a hole from the beginning against our front 7.

I thought it was apparent that TaRiq Bracy was getting picked on a bit, and he did get beat a couple of times, as well as the other side of the secondary. Being able to witness the game in person gives you a different perspective, and that was Perkins and his receivers are pretty good.

He did an exceptional job on his timing routes - about as good as you can get. These weren't quick hitters where the ball traveled 10 - 15 yards, but they where down the field to the sideline throws, and were thrown well before his receiver's came out of their breaks. There were a lot of plays where a DB can only do so much, and Perkins and co. made it a tough day on them. Perfect timing and perfect placement is hard to defend.

I've always felt that good players are going to make plays no matter what, and that's exactly true here. It wasn't our best day back there, but it wasn't a bad day either IMO. Still had 2 picks, and what do you know, Kyle Hamilton had one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News