ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly gives zero-f*cks about outright lying to the media

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
Don't be surprised if we don't see Wimbush play any meaningful snaps Saturday. Brian Kelly is just trying to keep the opposition guessing but I'd be shocked if Ian Book isn't the starter/quarterback Saturday.

Brian Kelly has no problem lying to the media about depth chart/injury/who is and isnt playing/etc. this is just another example of that.

Don't be surprised if we don't see Wimbush play any meaningful snaps Saturday. Brian Kelly is just trying to keep the opposition guessing but I'd be shocked if Ian Book isn't the starter/quarterback Saturday.

Brian Kelly has no problem lying to the media about depth chart/injury/who is and isnt playing/etc. this is just another example of that.
So what you are saying is that Kelly should be a congressman

Yeah, no coach other than Kelly has ever done that when talking about player personnel. All other coaches tell the media everything they're going to do.

If you're so disgusted about a coach lying, have you ever heard of a guy named Urban Meyer?

you are truly a troubled soul.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Kelly and Long have the opportunity to do a lot of unique things with Brandon that not many QBs can physically do. So far, they have failed to tailor their offense to him. This is going to go one of a few ways. Kelly has had a QB carousel a lot at ND and it really hasn't panned out other than 12. That was more about a sr vs RS frosh. Not the case this year with Wimbush and Book both have been getting reps and in the system for awhile.

1. A unique plan is in place to utilize their strengths while not being too predictable and ND flourishes and starts looking like the offense we expected (I lack confidence here because of the terrible play calling so far to start the year, long has shown no ability to game plan for 1 qbs strengths let a lone 2)
2. Same game plan is used for both players and we rotate to keep them fresh (moronic but could happen).
3. Book is the guy and Wimbush has some strategic short yardage and red zone running packages with throwing as the "ah ha caught you sleeping" aspect

1 and 3 can be successful but i'm concerned it will be #2. That is what he did in 2016. We'll see if Kelly has learned from past experiences.

come on.. I don't like Kelly but let's be fair. Why would he give away anything in a press conference and why publicly embarrass Wimbush. This is part of the game and it's expected, Saban is doing the same thing now.

He had an epiphany realizing his accuracy is a little off.

And this bothers you....why?

I have zero issue if my coach lies to the media. As long as he doesn't lie to the players and assistant coaches. And its probably also a good idea to not lie to the AD or President.

Reactions: francade

If there are things that I would want Kelly or another coach to be truthful about, who is or isn't playing and who or who isn't injured aren't any of those things.

Reactions: francade
Without a doubt there are some angry bitter people on here who take what is, supposed to be, an enjoyable and fun part of their lives and make themselves miserable over it.

An edit is in order, you really can’t say that.

Lying to the media about personnel has been part of the sports scene as long as I can remember. Anyone outraged about Kelly’s misdirection with media is simply an over the top Kelly hater.

Now, lying to the media to cover up an out of control wife and alcohol abusing assistant coach is worthy of outrage.

Lying to the media about personnel has been part of the sports scene as long as I can remember. Anyone outraged about Kelly’s misdirection with media is simply an over the top Kelly hater.

Now, lying to the media to cover up an out of control wife and alcohol abusing assistant coach is worthy of outrage.

Strategy is not immoral, illegal, or in advisable, it is prudent.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Way too much attention is being paid to the title and not to the content of the post.

I'm not making a judgement as to whether Brian Kelly's lying is an issue or not (that is an argument/debate for another post). My point is that there isn't a "50/50" situation going at QB despite what Brian Kelly says to the media. He lies to them all the time.

Ian Book is very likely the full time starter at QB now with Wimbush acting as his full time back up. If this was really a 50/50 situation there wouldn't be these many rumors circulating around the program.

I'm willing to bet that Wimbush got benched and Book has been getting the large share of first team reps in preparation for his first start this upcoming Saturday.

Last edited:
Way too much attention is being paid to the title and not to the content of the post.

I'm not making a judgement as to whether Brian Kelly's lying is an issue or not. My point is that there isn't a "50/50" situation going at QB despite what Brian Kelly says to the media. He lies to them all the time.

Ian Book is very likely the full time starter at QB now with Wimbush acting as his full time back up. If this was really a 50/50 situation there wouldn't be these many rumors circulating around the program.

I'm willing to bet that Wimbush got benched and Book has been getting the large share of first team reps in preparation for his first start this upcoming Saturday.

Back Pedal Hall of Fame entry.

I'm not making a judgement as to whether Brian Kelly's lying is an issue or not (that is an argument/debate for another post). My point is that there isn't a "50/50" situation going at QB despite what Brian Kelly says to the media. He lies to them all the time.

face meet egg....

Chase why would any coach divulge their game plan before the game. Book and Wimbush are two different qbs. If you tell your opponent what you're gonna defore you do it they can prepare.

If Book does start he better light it up. See Tua at Bama vs Jalen. Tua took the job and some of our posters on the board want to give Book the job. If he lights it up he earns the next start simple as that. If he looks I like Wimbush in terms of completions, yards, etc that's not going to cut it regardless of the win.

Reactions: hvillebill

I will expect Wimbush to start. continue to do so unless injured.

Ian can't get himself too worn out playing QB. He's the holder and Justin needs a good holder. MVG set the standard.

LOL and good luck with allllllll that!

Game situations can change everything. Why should Kelly go right out and tell the next opponent what he is going to do? You seem to be knocking him for doing exactly what he should do.

you are truly a troubled soul.
I think Kelly is playing with the media in trying to keep Wake guessing which is smart

Unlike the NFL the college football head coach does not have to say squat and even if he lies it does not matter. Wimbush may be in a coma and Kelly does not have to concede anything. That all said if Kelly is intent on giving Book most of the snaps at QB, I would line up Wimbush as the running back at least in any non obvious passing situation. He is the best RB so why not have your best players on the field?

I agree with chase. It’s imperative that Kelly gives the media honest answers to every single question they ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT