ADVERTISEMENT

Brady Hoke

Going back to SDSU..... crazy... hadnt heard from him in a while. I guess I would rather be the head honcho in San Diego than an assistant anywhere else.

Going back to SDSU..... crazy... hadnt heard from him in a while. I guess I would rather be the head honcho in San Diego than an assistant anywhere else.
Congrats to Brady and SDST. It's not like Brady Hoke was a resounding success at previous stops before Michigan. He didn't have a winning record at Ball State until his fifth year and his sixth and final year he went 12-2. On the surface, pretty good, but look deeper and one would see a loss in the MAC title game and a beat down in the GMAC Bowl. He had one winning season in his previous two year stint at SDST and that season's big wins were against AF and Navy. And this is who Michigan hired. Mind bending.

Hoke piggy backed his success off of the great recruiting efforts of Rich Rod. Once those players were out of UM the slide was steep.

Hoke beat OSU one time and the Buckeyes were 6-7 that year. None of this really matters to Irish Nation anyway. I wish him and the Aztec program well.

He was my favorite coach while he was there, they should bring him back.
Haha. I don’t know if they’re that much better off now. Getting pummeled every year while paying $9 mill for a coach seems like a rip off to me.

I liked Hoke because he was a decent guy. He knows football, but struggled like everyone at UM. They should’ve never run Lloyd Carr out.

One thing I say to the Kelly bashers is look at Mich. Do we want to struggle through two decades of coaching changes again? UM is getting minor improvement with Harbaugh. BK has turned ND into a relevant program. Played for two titles without the level of recruiting necessary to actually win. I truly believe that if Kelly were at LSU, Clemson, or Bama he’d win just as many games as those programs.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Hoke piggy backed his success off of the great recruiting efforts of Rich Rod. Once those players were out of UM the slide was steep.
Which proves Days success this year. It bothers me when coaches piggy back and are considered great. Day might be great, but we won’t know squat for a long time after Urban Legend is long forgotten. Great coaches win with their own programs. The great ones are doing it with less. Look at what Fleck is doing.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Which proves Days success this year. It bothers me when coaches piggy back and are considered great. Day might be great, but we won’t know squat for a long time after Urban Legend is long forgotten. Great coaches win with their own programs. The great ones are doing it with less. Look at what Fleck is doing.

Great point. Time will tell what Day is as a coach. Could be a Larry Cocker guy, doubt it but it's a nice polarizing Stance lol.

Reactions: NotreDame du Lac

Fleck is an absolute star.

Reactions: NotreDame du Lac
Haha. I don’t know if they’re that much better off now. Getting pummeled every year while paying $9 mill for a coach seems like a rip off to me.

I liked Hoke because he was a decent guy. He knows football, but struggled like everyone at UM. They should’ve never run Lloyd Carr out.

One thing I say to the Kelly bashers is look at Mich. Do we want to struggle through two decades of coaching changes again? UM is getting minor improvement with Harbaugh. BK has turned ND into a relevant program. Played for two titles without the level of recruiting necessary to actually win. I truly believe that if Kelly were at LSU, Clemson, or Bama he’d win just as many games as those programs.

No real comparison between Hoke and Harbaugh. At least now Mich isn't losing to Sparty-Iowa type programs more than once a season.

Fleck is no longer a risky hire. You don’t win that many big games with low level talent by chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT