ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

Rionegro

ND Expert
Sep 22, 2018
so , it’s confirmed he’s off to Oregon this weekend on his own dime , and he clearly states he hasn’t finalized a decision. At what point does freeman put some kind of policy in place to save embarrassment for the program. how about commit when you’re ready or even a silent if you’re not 100%. But it’s a bad look when supposed commits are kicking the tires elsewhere and publicly stating I haven’t decided yet.

so , it’s confirmed he’s off to Oregon this weekend on his own dime , and he clearly states he hasn’t finalized a decision. At what point does freeman put some kind of policy in place to save embarrassment for the program. how about commit when you’re ready or even a silent if you’re not 100%. But it’s a bad look when supposed commits are kicking the tires elsewhere and publicly stating I haven’t decided yet.
many have said it but i'll repeat. It's not what we think in the sense of committed or not. It's what the staff thinks. I'm sure they aren' tlookin at rivals and saying oh it still says committed so we're good. I'm sure they realize he's not a 100% lock or close to it and are treating him as such, hence other options. They're recruiting him hard like he's not committed i'm pretty sure. Staff has made a lot of coaching mistakes, and a few recruiting, but I don't see this as one.

They screwed up QB pretty bad the last 2 years but this isn't that.

Who cares how it looks. Kids do this at major programs. There is no embarassment

We keep recruiting him until he signs regardless of who he is visiting

Reactions: Kelso86
many have said it but i'll repeat. It's not what we think in the sense of committed or not. It's what the staff thinks. I'm sure they aren' tlookin at rivals and saying oh it still says committed so we're good. I'm sure they realize he's not a 100% lock or close to it and are treating him as such, hence other options. They're recruiting him hard like he's not committed i'm pretty sure. Staff has made a lot of coaching mistakes, and a few recruiting, but I don't see this as one.

They screwed up QB pretty bad the last 2 years but this isn't that.
Fair enough, but it seems like keeley was a surprise. Singer was saying his sources were more confident on him sticking then Bowen shortly before he decomitted

Fair enough, but it seems like keeley was a surprise. Singer was saying his sources were more confident on him sticking then Bowen shortly before he decomitted
Keeley was not a surprise at the end but yes the staff wasn't prepared early on when he started opening up his recruitment, that's why we don't have a backfill for him.

I've said it before and I will say it again, if Freeman cannot land 5 star recruits, what good is he? If he cannot out recruit BK, all we got was a poor coach and a status quo recruiter. He simply must out recruit Kelly on signing day. In my view, if this class crumbles, he lost his only gift.

Those are the kinds of kids that win titles. Do you want to win or not?

The top kids visit schools
my observations are very few kids play this game. Some yes but not that many and they tend to be divas that cause culture issues later. I’m not sure these are the kinds of kids that win titles, these are the kids that are problems. It’s certainly ok to visit schools but why commit and then tell the media repeatedly “ I really haven’t committed “. I think it would serve freeman well to tell kids to commit when they’re ready. And he‘s putting the staff of the school he committed to in a difficult situation. Unless of course he hasn’t really committed and this is simply recruiting services trying to put out content.

Keeley was not a surprise at the end but yes the staff wasn't prepared early on when he started opening up his recruitment, that's why we don't have a backfill for him.
It was a surprise to Singer, who one would think has a bit more intel then us. He continued to say Keeley was good according to his “ inside” sources. I think a lot of others were skeptical particularly after reading the Bama board. But the bigger issue is , why continue to subject yourself to that? Seems like Dabo approach or saban approach is clear and better

my observations are very few kids play this game. Some yes but not that many and they tend to be divas that cause culture issues later. I’m not sure these are the kinds of kids that win titles, these are the kids that are problems. It’s certainly ok to visit schools but why commit and then tell the media repeatedly “ I really haven’t committed “. I think it would serve freeman well to tell kids to commit when they’re ready. And he‘s putting the staff of the school he committed to in a difficult situation. Unless of course he hasn’t really committed and this is simply recruiting services trying to put out content.
What

yep. but in the ‘me me me’ era, “get used to it!”
btw: 1 more bad game and this kid is out the door!
Right now he is on a shopping tour, looking for the biggest head of lettuce!

Reactions: Rionegro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT