ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen in home visit

Rionegro

ND Expert
Sep 22, 2018
Another site reported visit went well and it’s a 2 team fight. I’m all for these kids taking all the visits they want, ( Bowen’ s family must have some $ to finance his 2022 tour of America), but why is he listed as commit if he openly states he hasn’t made a decision yet? would respect the heck out of freeman if he explained to Bowen what commit means.

Who knows what goes on in kids mind now and days. Did you see where the other school offered his girl friend a soccer sholly

His house looked like they had some money.

We need him. Keep fighting MF and Oleary.

Go all out coaches and commits until he signs

This guy is starting to remind me of Aaron Lynch. Kelly went over backward to sign that kid and despite his talent, he wasn't worth the trouble he caused for the short time he was here.

Reactions: d1042
This guy is starting to remind me of Aaron Lynch. Kelly went over backward to sign that kid and despite his talent, he wasn't worth the trouble he caused for the short time he was here.
Shopping in a different aisle!

You're over exaggerating. This happens a lot in recruiting. He's a good kid

We'll be lucky to have him. You need kids with his talent to win big

Stephon Tuitt decommited and then recommitted later on. So did Deion Colzie

Reactions: Telx1
Lynch was a flat out bad guy. I don’t sense that with Bowen.

Reactions: Golson5
Who knows what goes on in kids mind now and days. Did you see where the other school offered his girl friend a soccer sholly
Missed that but it’s not uncommon. I mean we‘ve given schollies to guys like T’eo’s pal and Alize Mack’s buddy among others in an effort to bring in the stud. recruiting is a filthy craft and only getting worse

This guy's probably going to end up sucking. I hope whichever asst, coach prostitutes himself bribing some dime a dozen elite recruit like whoever Peyton Bowen is has his career ruined over it......

Reactions: d1042

We need talent but TEAM trumps ME and Bowen seems like a he’s all about Peyton. Hope it works out but he’ll be a portal risk from the moment he arrives on campus

You're over exaggerating. This happens a lot in recruiting. He's a good kid

We'll be lucky to have him. You need kids with his talent to win big

Stephon Tuitt decommited and then recommitted later on. So did Deion Colzie
He’s a good kid? Do you know him personally? If you do and he is that’s awesome but don’t assume that just because he’s one of our recruits. Aaron Hernandez was our #1 tight end target before Meyer got involved and we went to mike ragone as plan b.

This guy's probably going to end up sucking. I hope whichever asst, coach prostitutes himself bribing some dime a dozen elite recruit like whoever Peyton Bowen is has his career ruined over it......
My bet is , provided he avoids injury, he has a helluva college career. But yes there are several college coaches prostituting themselves for him and others. Pretty gross sucking up to a bunch of 18 yr old kids solely because they can play a sport but it is what it is. Suck up or perish

We need talent but TEAM trumps ME and Bowen seems like a he’s all about Peyton. Hope it works out but he’ll be a portal risk from the moment he arrives on campus
Right, that's a fair point. Even though he probably will suck anyway and won't end up being anything special as a player, iike a 6th round draft pick if he's lucky, he could quite possibly end up being a cancer in the locker room who could easily transfer at the first sign of adversity....

So I really don't give a shit if this kid picks ND or not, even though he's technically already committed to ND, but I feel like it should be said given how much ink has been spilled over this very, very commonplace-caliber prospect, that he likely will not end up being anything noteworthy, if statistics/probability tell us anything, and given his crass recruitment that he could very easily/likely end up being more trouble than he's worth.

How much more does this guy need to hear before making a final decision? What more can Oklahoma or ND say or even do at this point?

Why does he seem like that? Because he's a kid and likes a few colleges and making the biggest decision of his life. What has he done so wrong?

Do you not like Minchey? Is he a bad kid? How about Mukam? How about Edwards? How about Smith?

He’s a good kid? Do you know him personally? If you do and he is that’s awesome but don’t assume that just because he’s one of our recruits. Aaron Hernandez was our #1 tight end target before Meyer got involved and we went to mike ragone as plan b.
I've seen him talk in interviews. I've heard his mom speak in interviews. And from reporters on ND sites who talk to him, they all say he's a good kid.

He's done nothing wrong. He's a good student as well.

My bet is , provided he avoids injury, he has a helluva college career. But yes there are several college coaches prostituting themselves for him and others. Pretty gross sucking up to a bunch of 18 yr old kids solely because they can play a sport but it is what it is. Suck up or perish
Is this your first year following college football?

Reactions: BGI User 756
How much more does this guy need to hear before making a final decision? What more can Oklahoma or ND say or even do at this point?
He's 17 or 18 making a huge life decision.

Why is what he is doing such a big deal?

I think some of you have never followed recruiting before. Why are there so many uncommitted recruits left? What more can any team do or say at this point for all of them?

Golson- how would you compare Bowen to Max Redfield. I was pumped when we got Redfield. He was a complete bust.

Golson- how would you compare Bowen to Max Redfield. I was pumped when we got Redfield. He was a complete bust.
Bowen is a much better cover guy at safety. His lateral movement is much better than Redfields. Hes good enough he could play corner at some schools

Redfield was a straight ahead guy and more physical

Redfield did start for 2 years before he got in trouble. I wouldnt say he was a complete bust

But Bowen is a better prospect. Bowen will probably start from day 1 here, especially if Joesph leaves

Reactions: IrishMike409
Assume this an Irish-OU fight for this guy. OU really needs some D guys. Will see how it turns out.

Bowen is a much better cover guy at safety. His lateral movement is much better than Redfields. Hes good enough he could play corner at some schools

Redfield was a straight ahead guy and more physical

Redfield did start for 2 years before he got in trouble. I wouldnt say he was a complete bust

But Bowen is a better prospect. Bowen will probably start from day 1 here, especially if Joesph leaves
Thanks. You think Bowen could be Kyle Hamilton? Seems like different skill sets, but could make similar impacts from the standpoint of being stars and difference makers from Day-1.

And agree- Redfield wasn’t a total bust. I thought after the post. Just seemed like he never quite “got it”, and made a marginal impact.

Thanks. You think Bowen could be Kyle Hamilton? Seems like different skill sets, but could make similar impacts from the standpoint of being stars and difference makers from Day-1.

And agree- Redfield wasn’t a total bust. I thought after the post. Just seemed like he never quite “got it”, and made a marginal impact.
Different skill sets yes, but difference makers from Day 1 absolutely

Bowen is a stud and hopefully we can keep him in the class. We need him

I've seen him talk in interviews. I've heard his mom speak in interviews. And from reporters on ND sites who talk to him, they all say he's a good kid.

He's done nothing wrong. He's a good student as well.
We’ve all heard him talk in interviews so fkn what!? And we’ve heard is mothers comments. Again so fkn what. A lot of nice mothers have selfish egocentric pieces of shut for kids. I have no idea if he is a good kid or not and obviously you don’t either. I do know how he’s been handling a “ commitment “ to a school and its a travesty relative to the vast majority of kids who have committed and know what a commitment really is. Frankly Freeman should sack up and tell the kid to commit when he’s ready otherwise waste somebody else’s time. I’m done with the prima donna and his big jerk around game.

Maybe he will. But odds are quite frankly that he will not. The majority of elite recruits don't end up doing shit.

Just something to keep in mind when obsessing over these guys, whether it's fans or indeed coaches. A team certainly puts themselves in a good position if they was always recruit nothing but the most sought-after players year after year. But the other side of that coin is the majority of those same players, as in over 50%, don't end up amounting to anything much.

We’ve all heard him talk in interviews so fkn what!? And we’ve heard is mothers comments. Again so fkn what. A lot of nice mothers have selfish egocentric pieces of shut for kids. I have no idea if he is a good kid or not and obviously you don’t either. I do know how he’s been handling a “ commitment “ to a school and its a travesty relative to the vast majority of kids who have committed and know what a commitment really is. Frankly Freeman should sack up and tell the kid to commit when he’s ready otherwise waste somebody else’s time. I’m done with the prima donna and his big jerk around game.
Because you're a moron

Maybe he will. But odds are quite frankly that he will not. The majority of elite recruits don't end up doing shit.

Just something to keep in mind when obsessing over these guys, whether it's fans or indeed coaches. A team certainly puts themselves in a good position if they was always recruit nothing but the most sought-after players year after year. But the other side of that coin is the majority of those same players, as in over 50%, don't end up amounting to anything much.
Nonsense

You’re clearly trying to ruin the thread.

I’m sure Freeman will take your advice….

Seems like some people on here expect him to flip to Oklahoma so preemptively trying to make him seem like a bad kid and not going to pan out.

Hes not a bad kid and hes a hell of a player.

Everyone gets pissed when OSU and Alabama and Georgia beat us in big games yet they want to give up on kids that are difficult to land amd will help us wim those games. Then act like we're better off without them. We're not.

This kid has a good chance of starting for us next year game 1.

Know what a commitment really is? You're a fool

Should we not accept Mincheys commitment, or Edwards or Mukams or Smiths. They all decommitted fro. Other schools. Thats acceptable though? Did they understand what a commitment really is?

Stephon Tuitt flipped to us, so did Drue Tranquil, so did Nick Martin, so did Will Fuller. I can go on and on

He does seem like a nice kid, like a good ND fit, so I do hope he ends up coming to ND. He doesn't seem like some sort of super-elite once in a lifetime type of talent. I don't know where they're getting that from. He just looks like a typical good, high-end prospect. There's guys like that every year. I would imagine no one would even be much talking about him if weren't for this bidding-war business....

true; if they are nut jobs in the recruiting process then don’t expect much to change afterwards! too many examples to cite!

Know what a commitment really is? You're a fool

Should we not accept Mincheys commitment, or Edwards or Mukams or Smiths. They all decommitted fro. Other schools. Thats acceptable though? Did they understand what a commitment really is?

Stephon Tuitt flipped to us, so did Drue Tranquil, so did Nick Martin, so did Will Fuller. I can go on and on
I know what you mean but if minchey all of a sudden decided to have multiple visits and in homes with UT we wouldn’t and the coaches wouldn’t consider him committed.

Huge difference between someone changing their mind and flipping vs committing and deciding to open it up and just not publicly decommitting. We all knew keeley wasn’t committed long before he publicly announced it. Pitt knew minchey wasn’t committed before he announced it. We know bowen isn’t committed yet despite what it says on websites. We can possibly land bowen though so yes we should recruit the heck out of him because he’s a stud.

Lots of people here passing judgment on a kid they don't know, never met, and know nothing about. He's going to do what he thinks is best for himself. It shouldn't be hard to let it go at that.
The issue a lot of fans have is they see him committed on the website despite him going out with other suitors. In reality he hasn’t been committed for awhile and ND has been treating him that way continuously recruiting him. If he had never committed or had publicly decommitted and stated nd was still a finalist I think people wouldn’t be so butt hurt and questioning if he’s a good person or not. He doesn’t have to publicly decommit but he shouldn’t have ever publicly committed if he didn’t intend to stick it through.

The issue a lot of fans have is they see him committed on the website despite him going out with other suitors. In reality he hasn’t been committed for awhile and ND has been treating him that way continuously recruiting him. If he had never committed or had publicly decommitted and stated nd was still a finalist I think people wouldn’t be so butt hurt and questioning if he’s a good person or not. He doesn’t have to publicly decommit but he shouldn’t have ever publicly committed if he didn’t intend to stick it through.
Welcome to recruiting.

Get over it

Reactions: Ndapolis1 and sjb75
I'm not "butt hurt...." Never have been.

First rodeo?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT