ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Gold Game

NWfor3

Shakes Down The Thunder
Mar 25, 2013
For those of you that are making the trip to ND for the scrimmage, here is the local forecast.

BLUE-GOLD GAME FORECAST: It's going to be mostly sunny, chilly, and breezy for Notre Dame's spring game. Temperatures will be in the upper 40s. The wind will be out of the northwest at 15 to 25 mph.

Reactions: chaseball
That is pretty windy, it's a shame, would really like to see the quarterbacks have a legitimate chance to fling the ball around.

• The team has spoken…
  • Angeli was selected 1st overall by the Blue team.
  • Mullins and Sevillano were selected 3rd and 4th respectively at DT ahead of Houston and Vernon.
  • Urlacher was the 3rd safety selected ahead of Minich.
  • KK Smith was the 2nd WR after JG and ahead of Colzie and Gilbert.
  • The first 4 LBs were drafted in this order: 1) KVA, 2) Bowen, 3)Sneed, 4) Ausberry.
  • Raridon was the 1st TE taken
  • Gray was the 1st CB taken ahead of Mickey.
  • Wagner as the 1st OT ahead of Jagusah.
  • Spindler was the 2nd OG taken behind Schrauth but ahead of Coogan.

• The team has spoken…
  • Angeli was selected 1st overall by the Blue team.
  • Mullins and Sevillano were selected 3rd and 4th respectively at DT ahead of Houston and Vernon.
  • Urlacher was the 3rd safety selected ahead of Minich.
  • KK Smith was the 2nd WR after JG and ahead of Colzie and Gilbert.
  • The first 4 LBs were drafted in this order: 1) KVA, 2) Bowen, 3)Sneed, 4) Ausberry.
  • Raridon was the 1st TE taken
  • Gray was the 1st CB taken ahead of Mickey.
  • Wagner as the 1st OT ahead of Jagusah.
  • Spindler was the 2nd OG taken behind Schrauth but ahead of Coogan.
Yawn.

I don't think it matters at all. The " game " is irrelevant. Coaches hate them. The absolute best thing that can come out of the exhibition tomorrow is if it would be injury free. The exhibition is for the fans. Every coach I know would much more prefer another closed, structured practice. The overreactions both good and bad here tomorrow will be entertaining as always. No one has ever won or lost a starting position based on a performance in an exhibition game.

Whether the team or coaches or some combination "drafted" the players, it does not make me yawn. I actually wondered if it was a little too definitive on where things stand--especially with the portal still open. But yeah definitely provides some interesting clues. Thanks for posting.

I don't think it matters at all. The " game " is irrelevant. Coaches hate them. The absolute best thing that can come out of the exhibition tomorrow is if it would be injury free. The exhibition is for the fans. Every coach I know would much more prefer another closed, structured practice. The overreactions both good and bad here tomorrow will be entertaining as always. No one has ever won or lost a starting position based on a performance in an exhibition game.
I think it’s more than just for fans. There are a lot of recruits coming to campus. It’s a necessary evil but if they didn’t want anyone getting hit they wouldn’t have only one QB wearing a red jersey. Expect hitting and competition.

Last edited:
Performance matters, not a popularity contest.

Tom Brady was not very popular with his team mates but that did not matter did it?

I think it’s more than just for fans. There are a lot of recruits coming to campus. It’s a necessary evil but if they didn’t want anyone getting hit they wouldn’t have only one QB wearing a red jersey. Expect hitting and competition.
Yawn.

I find the game itself boring as hell; but individual matchups interesting. Looking forward to seeing Jagusah and Oben go at it, for example. And really looking forward to watching and comparing Baker and Wagner at RT. Backup QBs always seem to shine in these scrimmages, but I’m still anxious to see how Carr and Minchey perform against our better defenders.

I find the game itself boring as hell; but individual matchups interesting. Looking forward to seeing Jagusah and Oben go at it, for example. And really looking forward to watching and comparing Baker and Wagner at RT. Backup QBs always seem to shine in these scrimmages, but I’m still anxious to see how Carr and Minchey perform against our better defenders.
Your first 8 words are spot on.

That is pretty windy, it's a shame, would really like to see the quarterbacks have a legitimate chance to fling the ball around.
Football is primarily an outdoor game, so you’d better be able to throw the ball under all conditions

Reactions: NDinNJ
I can’t disagree

The “Oldtimers” games were fun

I never saw an old timers game but my Dad (RIP Dad) told me a little bit about this de games. Said they where a lot of fun.

Out at ND, very windy, 40 degrees, feels like 33.
Good to see people tailgating, having fun.
Not very crowded in the lots

I went to Blue & Gold Saturday for years and enjoyed it a lot. It's a good time to tour the campus without a lot of fans, and park up front close to the Stadium. I don't go now because of my advanced age, but I wish I was up in South Bend today. Someone griping about the weather, it's always a good day for Notre Dame football.

All's I can say is, from the highlights. Minchey had the best individual throw. That was a thing of beauty, showcasing all his abundant arm talent. But I suppose if he doesn't win the job this fall, he'll end up in the portal. As CJ Carr looked good too, and he is the fair-haired boy. I guess he'll be like another version of JJ McCarthy, who ND could of had, if we hadn't gone after Buchner....

All's I can say is, from the highlights. Minchey had the best individual throw. That was a thing of beauty, showcasing all his abundant arm talent. But I suppose if he doesn't win the job this fall, he'll end up in the portal. As CJ Carr looked good too, and he is the fair-haired boy. I guess he'll be like another version of JJ McCarthy, who ND could have had, if we hadn't gone after Buchner....
“Fair-haired”? WTF does that mean?

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT