ADVERTISEMENT

Bleacher Report article on Jaylon Smith

Excellent Article -- he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is embracing the adversity. His outlook is remarkable!

Nothing but most sincere prayers and the warmest of wishes towards Jaylon and his recovery. I've had the pleasure of meeting of him on several occasions and he's a fine young man. Complete class act and the embodiment of everything a Notre Dame fan can hope for in one of our players. Gentleman off the field. Quiet, unassuming, great teammate and an elite athlete on top of it all. You couldn't find a better ambassador for ND's program.

I've heard at least half a dozen top prospects in the 2017 recruiting cycle talk about Jaylon Smith and his he's played a part in their interest in Notre Dame... The kid was the 2nd / 3rd ranked player in his class. It just goes to show the kind of game changing athlete you can put on the field if you manage to a land a player of that caliber...

Think of Clausen, Floyd, Te'o, Tuitt and Smith in recent years. I think it's fair to say that ND has gotten elite productivity and helped maximize the ability of elite players.... Gotta find a way to land a top 20-25 player in each class. If you can have 4-5 of them in the program each year, at the same time, it goes a long way towards competing for a title.

Reactions: MTIrish98
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT