ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest CFB disappointments/surprises thus far

Dec 29, 2005
Curious what everyone thinks on this topic.

Disappointments:

You’d have to start with FSU right, preseason top 10 (1-7). Okie St (3-5), Kansas (2-6) though I never bought their top 25 ranking to start the season. Probably throw in USC for sure, and Michigan.

Surprises:

I’ll start with Indiana, schedule is weak but what a turn around year one. Also, both Army and Navy, no one had them both with a chance to win 11 or more regular season games, and they’ve been dominant doing it (minus today for Navy). I’ll throw BYU in there too as many had them in the bottom half of the B12 rankings preseason.

Disappointments:

You’d have to start with FSU right, preseason top 10 (1-7). Okie St (3-5), Kansas (2-6) though I never bought their top 25 ranking to start the season. Probably throw in USC for sure, and Michigan.

Surprises:

I’ll start with Indiana, schedule is weak but what a turn around year one. Also, both Army and Navy, no one had them both with a chance to win 11 or more regular season games, and they’ve been dominant doing it (minus today for Navy). I’ll throw BYU in there too as many had them in the bottom half of the B12 rankings preseason.
You nailed it. How about most paper tiger teams? That would be Ped state

You nailed it. How about most paper tiger teams? That would be Ped state
PSU just doesn’t do it for me, I see a fair amount of them here where I live. They outclass virtually all of their opponents but seem like they’re always going through the motions. Lots of games that seem to competitive late.

They have a lot of very good skill players but offense seems hot/cold. It could just be Franklin, never been a fan.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Disappointments:

Surprises:

Indy growing on me after last 2 games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT