ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Makes Me Sick

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
Watching OK battle WVU. This game is like watching backyard football. These defenses look like high school kids. I’ve never seen a more pathetic bunch of pansies on defense in my life. It’s like they’re afraid of contact. How on earth are these teams even ranked? It’s no wonder the QB’s have so many yards and accolades. Imagine how many yards Book would have if he had to play in that worthless conference. I haven’t seen a Db turn his head the entire game.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
They’ve paid for it for a while now, that’s their reputation and it’s costing them.

And yes, it’s pathetic.

In the 10/22/16 game in which OK beat TTech:

Mahomes set the record for the most passing yards in a Division I game with 734

Mahomes set the NCAA record for individual offense in a game, with 819 combined passing and rushing yards.

Mayfield set a school record for passing touchdowns in a game, with seven.

Combined they broke the record for combined passing yardage in any NCAA game, with 1279

Combined they set the FBS record for most combined offense by two players, with 1383.

Seriously, do they just not coach defense in the B12? Do they not recruit defensive athletes? How does this happen?

Reactions: hvillebill
Lol. Was gonna post something similar to the OP. It's astonishing how bad the defenses are in the BIG 12. It's basically arena football. I seriously wonder if this lack of defense is something that's agreed upon within the conference. I suppose high scoring games increase ratings.

OU beat FSU like 13-2 in that game. They had All American Roy Williams SS and Rocky Calmus LB and played great D

The QB was Josh Heupel the HC at UCF. Who advocates that "Basketball on Grass" No defense BS sweeping the country.

OP---no one is making you watch the games. If it makes you sick, turn the channel.

When OU won their last title, they were known for their smothering defense. Since they’ve switched to an offense first team, they’ve regularly been shut down in the title game/playoffs. They played in 3 title games and 2 playoff games since the win over FSU. They’re 0-5 and last year was the only time they scored over 20 points. They also have the only loss worse than ours in a BCS title game (55-19 vs USC).

I just had a conversation yesterday about how the Big12 and PAC 12 are the offense only conferences, and they’re the ones who keep finding themselves left out. Assuming we knock off USC today, both those conferences are getting left out for the second year in a row.

Reactions: d1042 and francade
the problem is they don't coach defense in HS. Hardly any contact in practice and no fundamental teaching. Plus Texas was the breeding ground for spread offenses and so all the players there were raised on this kind of "football"

the problem is they don't coach defense in HS. Hardly any contact in practice and no fundamental teaching. Plus Texas was the breeding ground for spread offenses and so all the players there were raised on this kind of "football"
This is highly inaccurate.

Big 12 plays it's conference. The entire conference plays each other.

No matter what defense you have, over the course of the season you will have a game or two that you get obliterated on defense with the way those teams toss the ball around.

They focus 90 percent on offense. Recruiting, coaching you name it. It's offense, offense and more offense.

They're buried in their own quagmire. They think if they don't score 50 points then they'll lose.

OP---no one is making you watch the games. If it makes you sick, turn the channel.
Here we go with this guy again. Always the voice of reason. I suppose the same idiots on tv that get me fired up is why you get me fired up. I should probably ignore you, but you’re somewhat entertaining to respond to so I keep doing it. Maybe why I watch Gameday.

Here we go with this guy again. Always the voice of reason. I suppose the same idiots on tv that get me fired up is why you get me fired up. I should probably ignore you, but you’re somewhat entertaining to respond to so I keep doing it. Maybe why I watch Gameday.

You and game day deserve each other.

I thought the Okie/ WVU game was fun. Kept switching between Okie and the snow storm game at WSU. It was a great night for college football fans. Took away my nerves for tonight's ND game for a few hours. Topped it off with "Live PD" after the games and a couple of slices of pumpkin pie from the day before and it was a fine evening.

Reactions: 88ND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT