ADVERTISEMENT

Been watching fb all day and

dagimpper1

ND Expert
Nov 25, 2009
Every talking head is picking Texas. Depressing but based on last season how does Texas become favored. Or do the TH's just hate ND.

Reactions: end_23
Every talking head is picking Texas. Depressing but based on last season how does Texas become favored. Or do the TH's just hate ND.
Is the most wonderful time of the year Georgia North Carolina game otstanding Wisconsin LSU game outstanding

UT returns more starters, has the same recruiting talent and is at home.....Its a safe pick for the talking heads......If ND returns fuller, CJ and Redfield its an ND pick down the line.....we are very young & inexperienced at the receiving, secondary and LB cores....yep, talented as hell but this is not last years team....Still think Kelly wills a win...

USC with the rare safety and corner blitz from the same side. I hope they save a few of these for when they play the Irish.

UT returns more starters, has the same recruiting talent and is at home.....Its a safe pick for the talking heads......If ND returns fuller, CJ and Redfield its an ND pick down the line.....we are very young & inexperienced at the receiving, secondary and LB cores....yep, talented as hell but this is not last years team....Still think Kelly wills a win...

you saying that Strong reached the talent development level that ND has developed and he did it with 2 recruiting classes; after almost 'cutting' key discipline guys? and reformulationg a staff!
This contradicts all the opinions offered on this forum for years. (1) ND has neen recruiting at a contending level (2) ND has a sound system of player development in place (3) ND has an excellent football staff, headed by a top 5-10 head coach. (4) annual predictions of undefeated seasons and playoff contentions.

Have you guys been blowing smoke up our butts?

ND wins by 17.

you saying that Strong reached the talent development level that ND has developed and he did it with 2 recruiting classes; after almost 'cutting' key discipline guys? and reformulationg a staff!
This contradicts all the opinions offered on this forum for years. (1) ND has neen recruiting at a contending level (2) ND has a sound system of player development in place (3) ND has an excellent football staff, heading by a top 5-10 head coach. (4) annual predictions of undefeated seasons and playoff contentions.

Have you guys been blowing smoke up our butts?

ND wins by 17.

I'm saying ND returns 9 starters of 22, they play on the road and they play a team that has scholarship players just like we do.

Maybe some on the board have much deeper insight to ND than I do, I try to be fairly educated. The back half of our defense has almost no experience, our receivers have never seen a ball in a real game and our line is untested but wildly talented. What makes everyone think this will be an easy win?

Maybe some know much more about TX than I do....am I missing something?

There is no way SC is a top 20 team, because if they are, they Bama should be playing on Sunday.

Hopefully we are WAAAAAYYYY more prepared to play then they are.

I'm saying ND returns 9 starters of 22, they play on the road and they play a team that has scholarship players just like we do.

Maybe some on the board have much deeper insight to ND than I do, I try to be fairly educated. The back half of our defense has almost no experience, our receivers have never seen a ball in a real game and our line is untested but wildly talented. What makes everyone think this will be an easy win?

Ftn, no you're not missing anything. We are definitely talent laden, but they are kids, and looking at today's games, we should all remember that. ND needs to bring an 'A' game to win. They need to block out the noise, and get it done.

I'm guessing Kelly plays it close and conservative early with those receivers but guessing TX assumes ND will run and loads the box....If the young guns at receiver can get open, you can bet kizer or malik will find them.

I'm guessing Kelly plays it close and conservative early with those receivers but guessing TX assumes ND will run and loads the box....If the young guns at receiver can get open, you can bet kizer or malik will find them.
^this

You are spot on in your comments . If ND wins this game we are very good and very young which portends well for the future . I believe the DL and Nyles morgan hold the key to winning today . If they are as good as I think they are ND wins . Either way the future is bright - losing today will simply be fodder for those who's lives are miserable ( purse, cvgr etc ) to come on here and indict the HC for being in over his head and incompetent . Let's hope ND wins so I can have my fun with those worthless internet trolls.

Go Irish !! Beat Texas !!

so, at days end, after all the results? what are your current thoughts and how did yesterdays games influence them?

Saw lots and lots of poor tackling today. The kid from LSU should be suspended for the rest of the year.

You know Les Miles was defending him, saying it was possible he didn't know the play was dead.

You are spot on in your comments . If ND wins this game we are very good and very young which portends well for the future . I believe the DL and Nyles morgan hold the key to winning today . If they are as good as I think they are ND wins . Either way the future is bright - losing today will simply be fodder for those who's lives are miserable ( purse, cvgr etc ) to come on here and indict the HC for being in over his head and incompetent . Let's hope ND wins so I can have my fun with those worthless internet trolls.

Go Irish !! Beat Texas !!

I agree with both of you guys. All you had to do was watch a few games the past couple of days to realize that anything can happen, especially early in the season. A lot of our fans seem to think we are in "plug in and replace" mode, but I think we'll see some growing pains and wouldn't be surprised at all if Texas pulled off the upset.

Saw that. Nonsense.

By the way, anybody can do something stupid in frustration. I think he should be suspended for a full game, not the season. But if he does something like that again, I think a full season suspension would be warranted.

By the way, anybody can do something stupid in frustration. I think he should be suspended for a full game, not the season. But if he does something like that again, I think a full season suspension would be warranted.
I thought it was borderline criminal. Not a football play at all. Being frustrated is a weak ass excuse. He'd be gone if it was my team. Inexcusable.

Alabama plugs and replaces and maybe Ohio State. Nobody else does. OU lost a bunch of guys on defense and you saw the result. And dual threat guys like Ward and Watson are virtually impossible to defend.

To think ND has 2 with potentially Winbush as a 3rd. Tom Herman would be a guy ND should target assuming BK does 11 years like Ara and Lou.

And if I was BK and got frustrated with ND. My first call would be to the LSU AD. With that roster and his offensIve pedigree he would have a Spurrier / Saban like run in the SEC.

The problems putting a Top 10 defense on the field at ND. Do not exist at LSU.

If you can put a top 10 defense on the field at Boston College you can do it at ND.

Ct, Pitt, Boise, Syracuse, .... However, an elite team like 'bama can plug and replace....
They have a system/identity. We don't.... Actually, our D identity is inconsistency, guys being out of position, players not understanding the scheme for years, the staff hiding regularly behind the "player execution" excuse...

Is the most wonderful time of the year Georgia North Carolina game otstanding Wisconsin LSU game outstanding

Hi you doing , Poet ? I took a long vacation from the board,
But decided to come back and post again yesterday ! Agree with you, it is " The most wonderful time of the year."
Semper Fi !

I would give him one game

Texas is coming off a 5-7 season, and they have a true freshman starting at QB in his first game. So I don't understand why all the talking heads are picking them.

Texas' perceived advantages:

home field, emotional/motivational revenge factor after last years loss and ND's defensive secondary

ND's perceived advantages:

O-line, running game and experienced QB (s)

these advantages are speculative at best, particularly since neither team has played yet; it's like trying to compare apples and oranges when the fruit hasn't even been harvested yet.

Actually, I checked CBS sports, and 5 out of the 7 experts there picked ND. So it's a mixed bag.

seems to me the first game of the season is all about coaching -- after all they have had months to get them ready (i.e. Saban!). For the first time in the Kelly era ND returns all coaches. Texas added five new ones in the off season (USC added seven and we saw how that played out, UCLA had a new offensive coordinator and looked confused at time with a great QB in Rosen.) Advantage ND. That said, there are a hell of a lot of guy's from last year's team now playing on Sundays. It will be much closer and I believe one we could drop. Don't think it will happen but the numbers (we have owned Texas) trend upset. ND 32 TX 24.

good for you Stu!

31-17 to 34-20 my guess

It will probably be a bit sloppy by both teams. Since ND has advantage almost everywhere on offense and ND returns experience on the DL and the LBers have played significant minutes before this year, the only weak area vs UT is DB. But we know little about the UT DB's. Staff longevity and continuity goes to ND.
Given the ND position/staff advantages, it begs question why the media pundits are picking UT as they have been.

I could care less who any of the media pick, they clearer no little more than most fans

They "experts" all picked LSU and Oklahoma and UCLA too! That's why they play the game. Go Irish.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
They "experts" all picked LSU and Oklahoma and UCLA too! That's why they play the game. Go Irish.

Exactly. So if this is a weekend of upsets, they think there will be another upset.

For what it's worth, I think this game will be a toss up and would like nothing more than to be proven badly wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT