ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball: BC - ND game

MMcCormick

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2004
BC is terrible on offense, but I did see defensive improvement today. The switches on the pick and rolls were better even though Auguste is way to lacksadaisical on his recovery after he shows. Can't believe how many layups Auguste has missed the last three games. It's entering the bizarre. ND looks better to me in a four and one with Colson. He's just a natural post player and can hit free throws. I remember suggesting when Vasturia was a freshman that he could play point gaurd in a pinch, and drew a lot of heat for that comment. Today he did it, and was pretty impressive. His shot was off and it's hard for a guy as slow he is to play point gaurd, but I thought it was pretty impressive nonetheless. There are not many 6'6 guys that could pull that off. Pflueger looks like he's a guy, like Vasturia, that you can't take off the court because of his defense. His ability to lock down a team's best scorer is huge. Having him and Vasturia on the court turns us into to a least a pedestrian defense. It's hard to compensate for what Auguste doesn't do down low, but at least we are shutting down team's guards. The offense was awfully shaky without DJ. Not really looking forward to losing him next year. I think we may see Pflueger at the point. Not sure Farrel has the height, and not sure Gibbs will be ready.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News