ADVERTISEMENT

Barr out . How worried

huff60

Irish Expert
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
should we be? Frankly, I fear it could be huge.Offensive tackles aren’t glamorous but I would bet he is one of the four or five most valuable players on the team. I would like the staff’s input but I don’t if this is the proper vehicle to reach them.

should we be? Frankly, I fear it could be huge.Offensive tackles aren’t glamorous but I would bet he is one of the four or five most valuable players on the team. I would like the staff’s input but I don’t if this is the proper vehicle to reach them.
Losing our best offensive lineman, a captain, leader, and projected NFL draftee is huge. The fact he won’t be next to the inexperienced Eickenberg to help communication and compensate for his lack of real game experience is huge as well. We’re fortunate to have a skilled technician in Ruhland (sp?) to help fill the void, but he’s no Barr. It will be interesting to see if Banks emerges as a starter by year’s end.
You will get staff input if you post on the paid site.

Reactions: Kraftwerk

Bars was a OG, not an OT (though I think he could have played OT too)

We have 2-3 solid options to replace him, but the "most ready" option (Ruhland) is not the elite talent that Bars was (though he's still a very good player and possible a fringe NFL guy) and the elite talents (Lugg/Banks) are RS Frosh who have been practicing primarily at other positions (RG/RT)

It's a definite loss, as he's an NFL player and potential All-American. But we're deep at that position.

I'm still praying that the MRI will reveal it only to be a sprang, instead of a full tear, and that he could return for the late season and/or bowl game

Reactions: IrishMike409
Bars was a OG, not an OT (though I think he could have played OT too)

We have 2-3 solid options to replace him, but the "most ready" option (Ruhland) is not the elite talent that Bars was (though he's still a very good player and possible a fringe NFL guy) and the elite talents (Lugg/Banks) are RS Frosh who have been practicing primarily at other positions (RG/RT)

It's a definite loss, as he's an NFL player and potential All-American. But we're deep at that position.

I'm still praying that the MRI will reveal it only to be a sprang, instead of a full tear, and that he could return for the late season and/or bowl game
It looked like the knee gave so the leg wouldn't snap. I have 0 hope that it's only a sprain. But if for some reason he's Cole Kmet, then i'll be extremely shocked and happy.

Reactions: FriedmanIP
Depth, quality depth,can absorb this injury. But any new injuries could be problematic.

Reactions: 88ND
Who is Barr?????

Reactions: echowaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT