ADVERTISEMENT

Avoiding a Texas-sized mess

MTIrish98

Posts Like A Champion
Mar 28, 2011
Montana
I feel horribly for Charlie Strong at this point. There should be no way that one game (TCU this weekend) should make the decision for an AD. Either fire him or publicly back him up and shut the media up. They shouldn't let him twist in the wind.

Is it possible that Jack Swarbrick already knows what he is going to do next Monday, but he's avoiding a Texas-sized mess? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit...

I feel horribly for Charlie Strong at this point. There should be no way that one game (TCU this weekend) should make the decision for an AD. Either fire him or publicly back him up and shut the media up. They shouldn't let him twist in the wind.

Is it possible that Jack Swarbrick already knows what he is going to do next Monday, but he's avoiding a Texas-sized mess? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit...
What do you want Swarbrick to do right now? If he's going to fire Kelly, is today preferable over next Monday? Does that help us beat USC? Unless we are going to hire an unemployed coach, they are all working this coming weekend too. So it's not like we are going to get a jump on other teams.

Of course Swarbrick knows what he is going to do. The results of this Saturday's game should not have any effect on what the decision is.

What do you want Swarbrick to do right now? If he's going to fire Kelly, is today preferable over next Monday? Does that help us beat USC? Unless we are going to hire an unemployed coach, they are all working this coming weekend too. So it's not like we are going to get a jump on other teams.

No. I think if JS intends to fire BK (and I think he's made up his mind one way or another -- USC won't matter), then we will know Sunday or Monday. The press won't get a leak until after the USC score is final. I think this is the best way, even if it meant he fibbed to us when he said BK would lead the team out of the tunnel in 2017.

Ideally (if he's going to be gone), then...

Sunday press release with news of the firing
Monday press conference detailing the "search"
1 week of being on the talk show circuit
Monday press conference introducing new coach.

That minimizes the BS, minimizes the impact to the team and to the recruiting class.

No. I think if JS intends to fire BK (and I think he's made up his mind one way or another -- USC won't matter), then we will know Sunday or Monday. The press won't get a leak until after the USC score is final. I think this is the best way, even if it meant he fibbed to us when he said BK would lead the team out of the tunnel in 2017.

Ideally (if he's going to be gone), then...

Sunday press release with news of the firing
Monday press conference detailing the "search"
1 week of being on the talk show circuit
Monday press conference introducing new coach.

That minimizes the BS, minimizes the impact to the team and to the recruiting class.
I wouldn't say he fibbed to us, he probably believed it when he said it. Things change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT