ADVERTISEMENT

Are We Going To Pretend That None Of Us Saw This?

Tony Jones doing his best Dexter Williams impersonation. Eighty-four yard home run ball. He looked like a Grizzly bear sprinting towards a meal. Well done. He just might be telling all the ladies now, that he has Pride Jr type speed.
Tony Dorsett Jones!

It is kind of funny that we all rag on Jones for not being good enough, but every so often, he pops a big gainer.

It's also interesting that we tend to rag on Kelly's teams for not being able to run the ball well and yet I believe ND has reeled off the first, second, and maybe fifth longest runs from scrimmage while he has been coach.

I think Dexter has the longest vs VT, followed by Josh vs WF, maybe CJ is in there somewhere, and now Tony.

It is kind of funny that we all rag on Jones for not being good enough, but every so often, he pops a big gainer.

It's also interesting that we tend to rag on Kelly's teams for not being able to run the ball well and yet I believe ND has reeled off the first, second, and maybe fifth longest runs from scrimmage while he has been coach.
he's just a really good all around college football player.

Reactions: Pennick4
I think Dexter has the longest vs VT, followed by Josh vs WF, maybe CJ is in there somewhere, and now Tony.

I forgot about Williams' run against Virginia Tech last year!

1. Josh Adams: 98 yards against Wake Forest
2. Dexter Williams: 97 yards against Virginia Tech
3. CJ Prosise: 91 yards against Georgia Tech
4. ???? Someone against Navy in the late '40s or early '50s for I think 87 yards.
5. Eric Pennick: 85 yards against USC
6. Tony Jones, 84 yards against Iowa State

So, there you have it, four of the top six runs from scrimmage have come since Kelly has been coach.

For those who hate all things Kelly, I should point out that Denard Robinson had an 87-yard TD against us in 2010, which broke Pennick's record for the longest rushing TD in ND stadium.

Poor Prosise. His record lasted all of about two or three weeks.

I can't find #4, although I'm sure it was in a road game against Navy.

He has one heck of a stiff arm. It pains me to point out; if Tony was faster, then he wouldn't need the stiff arm.;):cool::D:rolleyes::)--just kidding folks! It was a great run.

Wish Flemister had far more carries. The kid just appears to be a much more natural RB. Quicker too...hits the right holes and cuts it up north-south. We always tend to spread our plays East west with two big slow RBs. Makes zero Fn sense and drives me crazy.

Wish Flemister had far more carries. The kid just appears to be a much more natural RB. Quicker too...hits the right holes and cuts it up north-south. We always tend to spread our plays East west with two big slow RBs. Makes zero Fn sense and drives me crazy.
Flemister runs hard. My only problem with him is he seems to run to where the hole is supposed to be and doesn’t have the vision or patience to let a block develop in front of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT