ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll

We agree!

They do totally ignore the polls !

Get a job !
So tell us, absent any information about the polls, how do the committee members ascertain the relative strength and ranking of all of the teams ?

Do you believe that each member of the committee views every game ?

Absent viewing every game how can a committee member establish a ranking order ?

P.S. I have and enjoy working at a great job !

So tell us, absent any information about the polls, how do the committee members ascertain the relative strength and ranking of all of the teams ?

Do you believe that each member of the committee views every game ?

Absent viewing every game how can a committee member establish a ranking order ?

P.S. I have and enjoy working at a great job !
How does the ap pollsters do it lol?

So they can watch the games and rank them but the committee members cant?

That makes sense 🤣🤣🤣

You cant be employed, unless it's the government. You'd fit right in !!!!!

How does the ap pollsters do it lol?

So they can watch the games and rank them but the committee members cant?

That makes sense 🤣🤣🤣

You cant be employed, unless it's the government. You'd fit right in !!!!!
You must not be able to read !

I’ve been critical of the AP pollsters and their inability to accurately rank teams for decades, so why would you cite one flawed system to support another flawed system ?

Answer: You’re clueless !

You must not be able to read !

I’ve been critical of the AP pollsters and their inability to accurately rank teams for decades, so why would you cite one flawed system to support another flawed system ?

Answer: You’re clueless !
You said they use them !!!!!!!

What is your sources on that? Provide the evidence and data and view where they say they use the polls!!!!

You cannot

Polls are irrelevant. This isn’t 1989 or whatever. Every advanced computer model has ND as a top 12 team, which I think we are. Yeah, 2 losses though we slightly outplayed Ohio State. Play all 8 games a 100 times, and I think it’s likely that we are 7-1 more often than we are 6-2.

Polls are irrelevant. This isn’t 1989 or whatever. Every advanced computer model has ND as a top 12 team, which I think we are. Yeah, 2 losses though we slightly outplayed Ohio State. Play all 8 games a 100 times, and I think it’s likely that we are 7-1 more often than we are 6-2.
I might agree about OSU, but the Louisville game remains a major blemish !

You said they use them !!!!!!!

What is your sources on that? Provide the evidence and data and view where they say they use the polls!!!!

You cannot
My source is something you lack !

Common Sense !

And, where are they getting their data from ?

Don‘t ever discount the impact of “group think”

I might agree about OSU, but the Louisville game remains a major blemish !
Yes, that Louisville game was ugly and it’s going to, of course prevent us from a chance at the playoffs this year. Looking at the overall body of work and taking him to count every single play, Notre Dame is a top 12 type team.

I dont have to. You made the claim they used the polls. I didn't make the statement. Provide some sources for your statement or STFU about it
Let’s start with the SOS.

Is it your stated opinion that each committee member creates their own SOS ranking ?

Yes, that Louisville game was ugly and it’s going to, of course prevent us from a chance at the playoffs this year. Looking at the overall body of work and taking him to count every single play, Notre Dame is a top 12 type team.
I don’t doubt that and ND may rise higher, but the Louisville game was a killer.

Back up your claims. Then we can debate. Until you do, you need to STFU
I’m backing it up, but you refuse to answer my question which is germane to the issue.

You’re a fraud !

I’m backing it up, but you refuse to answer my question which is germane to the issue.

You’re a fraud !
Show your evidence then

Don't ask me anymore questions. It's prove it. I'm not here to answer your questions

You made a claim. Back it up

Show your evidence then

Don't ask me anymore questions. It's prove it. I'm not here to answer your questions

Why do you two argue so much, this has gone on for a hell of a long time.

Show your evidence then

I am, but you’re too dishonest to answer the question, which is germane to the issue.

I should know better than to think that you’d be an honest, stand up guy

SJB75,

It‘s a reasonable question.

From my perspective.

You’ll notice that Golson5 has a history of disrupting and attempting to derail threads where I’m involved.

He also has a history of lying and making false claims when engaged in debates with me.
He also has a history of not answering questions.

Ergo I find him to be disingenuous.

Because he’s lied repeatedly, I believe that he lacks character and integrity.

I believe that the great majority of posters, maybe 99 %, are truly honest, but not Golson5

I may be irascible but I’m honest, ergo I hold zero respect for Golson5

Now you and others may disagree with me, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it !

I think Patty is a piece of shit. And one of the most annoying, least informed posters on the board. I think he's a liar and a hypocrite.

Basically I think the guy or girl is a scumbag. And has no football IQ

Then you don’t understand the polls and you don’t understand Vegas

The polls are supposed to rank the teams and determine which are the four (4) best teams for the purpose of qualifying for the CFP.

The pollsters are eminently unqualified to perform that task.

Vegas is the only eminently qualified entity to perform that task and they have no inherent biases !
That's incorrect. The playoff ranking is based upon the most deserving teams, based on their resumes. It's not about who would be favored in a matchup.

Reactions: Golson5
That's incorrect. The playoff ranking is based upon the most deserving teams, based on their resumes. It's not about who would be favored in a matchup.
Once again you don’t know what you’re talking about !

Isn‘t the purpose of the CFP to determine the National Champion, the best team in college football ?

How can you determine that if the best teams are excluded from the playoffs ?

THINK before you respond !

I think Patty is a piece of shit. And one of the most annoying, least informed posters on the board. I think he's a liar and a hypocrite.

Basically I think the guy or girl is a scumbag. And has no football IQ
You and the other moron, IrishJohn, accused me of lying on a number of issues which caused me to provide documentation, in person, to another poster, proving that everything I stated was factual.

Yet you continued to call me a liar, rather than being a stand up guy and apologizing.

You make statements and when I ask you to substantiate those statements, you fail by refusing to answer.

You’re a liar and a fraud and you’re not to be trusted !

I’ve forgotten more about football than you’ll ever know

You lack character and integrity, and once lost, you’ll never regain them !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT