ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll Projections

NDinNJ

I've posted how many times?
Nov 23, 2018
have ND ranked 12-13 with both Indiana and Exas A&M jumping ahead of ND. If this is in fact true, the NIU loss is hurting ND more than the win vs A&M is helping them.

Pollsters may feel that A&M is better than they were in Week 1.

The moral of the story is don't lose to crappy MAC level teams.

Reactions: ndhuntington
have ND ranked 12-13 with both Indiana and Exas A&M jumping ahead of ND. If this is in fact true, the NIU loss is hurting ND more than the win vs A&M is helping them.

Coaches poll has us at 9. Pretty fair and solid ranking with the NIU loss.

Indy is growing on me but let’s see how they do …have Mich, MSU, OSU and Purdue to finish out the season.

Moral of the story is the poll doesn't matter right now

Keep winning and we are in. Keep winning impressive and good shot at hosting a Playoff game

Coaches poll doesn't agree with your narrative.

They think that TX Am win was very impressive

Not important where we are right now. 5 weeks is a lifetime in football. Alot of it will sort itself out before the final poll. OSU vs PSU, OSU vs Indiania, Pitt plays SMU and Clemson. Keep winning let the SEC and B1G knock each other out climb up to 5 or 6. Hopefully draw a Big 12 or ACC at large and play one of those conf champs in the quarters.

Unfortunately the hate for ND on the polls will continue. I'm fine with Indiana but Iowa State is not a top 10 team. I see the poll shaking out like so knowing these idiots.

1. Oregon, 2. Georgia, 3. Penn State, 4. Ohio State, 5. Texas, 6. Miami, 7. Tennessee, 8. Clemson, 9. Iowa State 10. Texas A&M 11. BYU, 12.ND,

Coaches poll doesn't agree with your narrative.

They think that TX Am win was very impressive
If you read what I posted, I stated AP poll projections. Doesn't mean I agree with it or said it was true. I'm amazed at how dumb you are. Go back to school and take some reading comprehension classes, Start at remedial level and work your way up, and then come back to the forum. wow, how stupid is this guy.

If you read what I posted, I stated AP poll projections. Doesn't mean I agree with it or said it was true. I'm amazed at how dumb you are. Go back to school and take some reading comprehension classes, Start at remedial level and work your way up, and then come back to the forum. wow, how stupid is this guy.
I didn't say it was the AP poll

Read what I said. I said the coaches dont agree with your narrative. I didnt say anything about the AP. The AP didn't come out yet

So you messed that one up. Just like last night when you came at me with that Navy rank comment 🤣🤣. When I was mocking 88nd

You're having a rough couple days on here fella

I didn't say it was the AP poll

Read what I said. I said the coaches dont agree with your narrative. I didnt say anything about the AP. The AP didn't come out yet

So you messed that one up. Just like last night when you came at me with that Navy rank comment 🤣🤣. When I was mocking 88nd

You're having a rough couple days on here fella
and my original post was referring to the AP poll, you're the one who brought up the coaches poll when the discussion was about the AP poll projections. Learn how to read and stay on topic. Stop moving the goal posts. It just makes you look like the fraud you are.

and my original post was referring to the AP poll, you're the one who brought up the coaches poll when the discussion was about the AP poll projections. Learn how to read and stay on topic. Stop moving the goal posts. It just makes you look like the fraud you are.
I didn't bring up the AP.

I said the Coaches dont agree with your narrative

We dont know what the ap will have but the coaches dont agree with that narrative

I'm shocked that we moved up to 8th and 9th in the polls. I guess crushing a ranked Navy team impressed the voters more than most of us thought it would. And A&M's big win helped us, too, obviously.

8th in AP poll

Narrative Busted

Keep winning
That's awesome! There was no narrative, i was referring to projections, in my Op, and I even stated IF TRUE. Glad it's not. Learn to read.

I am winning, at life, I don't spend almost 25 thousand posts on this forum. I have a life outside of this forum and ND football.

That's awesome! There was no narrative, i was referring to projections, in my Op, and I even stated IF TRUE. Glad it's not. Learn to read.
So when you say the moral of the story is ..... Was that a projection or was that your opinion

ND will probably be in the top 7 in Monday's F+ update which would be their highest rank on record that I can remember.

These writers polls/coaches polls are trash.

ND will probably be in the top 7 in Monday's F+ update which would be their highest rank on record that I can remember.

These writers polls/coaches polls are trash.
No one cares about F+. I only use it to throw it in your face when you contradict yourself and don't believe in your own rankings

So when you say the moral of the story is ..... Was that a projection or was that your opinion

My god you are dumb. Again, learn to read If the projections are true, the moral of the story is don't lose to a crappy MAC team. The projection wasn't true so moot point.

The reality is, ND has no business losing to a crappy MAC team at home.

You were the one that said NIU was good after that loss. lol, 4-4 good. 😂 You can't evaluate teams let alone players.

I am winning, at life, I don't spend almost 25 thousand posts on this forum. I have a life outside of this forum and ND football.
"Winning at life". Really? Are you?

Would it be possible to state opinions/arguments/analysis without the name calling and personal attacks? It makes the board more intimidating/unwelcoming and we're missing out on potential posters who would otherwise want to contribute/join the conversation.

The average age on this board is probably well over 50 .. its embarrassing that we can't have civil intellectual discourse without the elementary school yard name calling going on

Reactions: IrishMike409
My god you are dumb. Again, learn to read If the projections are true, the moral of the story is don't lose to a crappy MAC team. The projection wasn't true so moot point.

The reality is, ND has no business losing to a crappy MAC team at home.

You were the one that said NIU was good after that loss. lol, 4-4 good. 😂 You can't evaluate teams let alone players.
You're having a rough couple days here fella

🤣🤣 You can try to throw shade but you're being taken to the woodshed

Would it be possible to state opinions/arguments/analysis without the name calling and personal attacks? It makes the board more intimidating/unwelcoming and we're missing out on potential posters who would otherwise want to contribute/join the conversation.

The average age on this board is probably well over 50 .. its embarrassing that we can't have civil intellectual discourse without the elementary school yard name calling going on

Old angry white men acting like old angry white men? On a platform with no consequences? Hard to believe.

The reason ND is not moving up in polls is because the writers & the coaches (to a lesser extent) dont respect the quality of competition on the schedule.

NDinNJ…what projections were you reading? Can you share? I want to see their justification for such …

The reason ND is not moving up in polls is because the writers & the coaches (to a lesser extent) dont respect the quality of competition on the schedule.
They are moving up in polls.

They are ranked 8th and 9th

Chase and NJ lol

You're having a rough couple days here fella

🤣🤣 You can try to throw shade but you're being taken to the woodshed
Didn't you tell this Forum weeks ago that 4-4 Northern Illinois, who lost to 3-5 Ball State yesterday, was a good team?

Reactions: PHJIndy
They are moving up in polls.

They are ranked 8th and 9th

Chase and NJ lol
Im going based on the information in this thread. If they've moved up to 8th/9th that's good. They are still underrated based on the algorithmic systems that have more respect for ND than the rest of the country does.

Im going based on the information in this thread. If they've moved up to 8th/9th that's good. They are still underrated based on the algorithmic systems that have more respect for ND than the rest of the country does.
Anywhere between 7 and 10 is fine. That's where we belong.

We moved up in both human polls

Didn't you tell this Forum weeks ago that Northern Illinois was a good team?
Golsons takes are very simple:

Just watch the hacks at ISD and at IB who are an extension of Notre Dame's PR wing.
  • Every opponent ND plays is good
  • Every player ND recruits is good/underrated by the services
  • Every scheme ND deploys is good
  • Every coach ND hires is good
  • Every decision ND makes is good
  • Every win is good
  • Every loss is good
  • Every person involved in ND is good
  • The conference is good
  • The schedule is good
once any of those players/coaches/etc. leave Notre Dame, then its open-season for bashing (with the benefit of hindsight of course) lol

Reactions: NDinNJ
Northern Illinois is now 4-4 after a bad loss to a 3-5 Ball State team, 25-23. That doesn't help the Irish resume at all! That loss to NIU is looking worse week by week!

NDinNJ…what projections were you reading? Can you share? I want to see their justification for such …
Here are the ones I read. There was another that had ND 13th with IU jumping ND

Notre Dame #5 in FPI https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi

This is great news.

These advanced algorithms take a lot of predictive data into consideration.

A #5 ranking in these algorithms equates to future-wins more than wins themselves do.

ND is a legit team this year. When you consider all of the injuries and the lack of top 100 talent (relative to NDs competitors) Marcus Freeman deserves to be at the top of any coach of the year awards.

Its too bad ND is playing such a bad schedule because with a top 5 FPI ranking they could probably hang with the majority of teams in the country this year. And would be earning way more respect with a traditionally competitive ND schedule (e.g. pre ACC era)

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
Did you pull your fallopian on that pivot?

• Haha
Here are the ones I read. There was another that had ND 13th with IU jumping ND

Thx. Reading now

Golsons takes are very simple:

Just watch the hacks at ISD and at IB who are an extension of Notre Dame's PR wing.
  • Every opponent ND plays is good
  • Every player ND recruits is good/underrated by the services
  • Every scheme ND deploys is good
  • Every coach ND hires is good
  • Every decision ND makes is good
  • Every win is good
  • Every loss is good
  • Every person involved in ND is good
  • The conference is good
  • The schedule is good
once any of those players/coaches/etc. leave Notre Dame, then its open-season for bashing (with the benefit of hindsight of course) lol
Haha dude you I dont know why someone like you is throwing stones around here. I remember when you were pounding your chest that you knew more, had better analysis, and were more plugged in to ND football than any beat writer or anyone on the board.
When challenged to show your bonafides you couldn't break down scheme or X's & O's. You didnt know sh!t about recruiting other than bitching that ND wasnt landing enough 5 stars. And all you can bring to the table is an obscure F+ site ranking site that you hold as gospel and form your worldview. You were dogging ND all year until F+ put them into the top 10. Take a seat sport.

I remember when you were pounding your chest that you knew more, had better analysis, and were more plugged in to ND football than any beat writer or anyone on the board.
Yes. I stand by this 100%. Ive been way out in front of the rest of the industry on a number of issues regarding big picture ND football. My analysis IS better (and its free). Enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT