ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll Out

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
ND up to #5 & 3 ND opponents now in the top 25. ND also only non B1G or SEC team in top 10 of course when those conferences essential merged with the Big 12 & Pac 12 that is to be expected.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Very generous ranking. But I like it!

:)

I'm sensing something special. What really stirs me is good coaches on both sides of the ball. I think Leonard and the OL will only get better, having the talent to jell and play to a good peak...then we will see a more versatile but yet smash mouth offense. And the defense is just good.

I like how MF is evolving. He isn't trying to force or impose himself. He's gotten the right coaches. Has the personal connection to motivate a ground and pound win like Saturday vs TAMU.

Fingers cross fellas.

Very generous ranking. But I like it!

:)

I'm sensing something special. What really stirs me is good coaches on both sides of the ball. I think Leonard and the OL will only get better, having the talent to jell and play to a good peak...then we will see a more versatile but yet smash mouth offense. And the defense is just good.

I like how MF is evolving. He isn't trying to force or impose himself. He's gotten the right coaches. Has the personal connection to motivate a ground and pound win like Saturday vs TAMU.

Fingers cross fellas.
We did something the last 3 top 10 SEC teams couldnt do which was win at College Station. Our defense is elite especially back 7. You can see the potential in our offense with a talented young oline, a hell of a 1 to 2 punch at running back. Upgraded WR corps and Evans coming back to full health in the next few weeks. We also have a solod vet fg kicker. Rankings always work themselves out but I dont see #5 as generous.

Even though FSU has had a nightmare start and drop out, I’d still keep an eye on them to go along with SC, GT and the Cards.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Even though FSU has had a nightmare start and drop out, I’d still keep an eye on them to go along with SC, GT and the Cards.
I still remember Purdue 49 Ohio St. 20 in 2018.

You don’t overlook anyone in this business.

Virginia's sophomore QB is talented. I saw him play last year a few times late in the season. He led them to a win over Duke. So that could be our 6th-toughest game, perhaps.

We did something the last 3 top 10 SEC teams couldnt do which was win at College Station. Our defense is elite especially back 7. You can see the potential in our offense with a talented young oline, a hell of a 1 to 2 punch at running back. Upgraded WR corps and Evans coming back to full health in the next few weeks. We also have a solod vet fg kicker. Rankings always work themselves out but I dont see #5 as generous.

I'm with your points regarding the offense.

But I still am cautiously optimistic about a top 5 team right now. We've seen it can take time for an OL to jell. And Leonard is for practical purposes a year 1 starter.

As things jell, sure, I think ND can win it all. 1 step at a time. We've been here before, even getting smashed in the last test...think the BCS title game vs Alabama.

Believe me, I don't think it's that. Like I said, I feel NC potential this time around, if things fall into place.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT