ADVERTISEMENT

Any Chance--

He has never dealt with recruiting and hasn't been on the sidelines since whenever. No! He's enjoying his life at ESPN. I have no idea who ND might get next and will wait and see. ND must get rid of him before they can hire another one.

Reactions: Java65
He has never dealt with recruiting and hasn't been on the sidelines since whenever. No! He's enjoying his life at ESPN. I have no idea who ND might get next and will wait and see. ND must get rid of him before they can hire another one.
Would gruden do it...?? probably not. to write his ability off automatically is about on par with your constant Brian Kelly apologies

Reactions: end_23
Gruden's Coaching History:

Reactions: greengael
gruden has NO interest in coaching! he has a well paid cushy job!

why why why why is he mentioned at every job opening?

Gruden has been quoted as saying that he has ZERO interest in coaching - he is enjoying his current occupation as a football tv commentator/analyst.

IMO, one thing any new coach MUST have is HC experience in college. Gruden has almost no CFB experience at all. Very different games CFB and the NFL.

Any chance of getting John Gruden at Notre Dame??
Yeah, and Meyer as his OC and Saban as his DC.

If Jon Gruden wanted to coach again he would have been coaching for many years instead of enjoying his carefree TV lifestyle. HE is not going to coach again. At ND, or anywhere else.

Could you imagine Coach Gruden working in his office and receiving a phone call about a 2:30 pm or 7:30 pm meeting that wasn't on his schedule? According to Eric Hansen (SBT) that happens a lot to the ND head football coach. It's part of the job.

Yeah, and Meyer as his OC and Saban as his DC.

If Jon Gruden wanted to coach again he would have been coaching for many years instead of enjoying his carefree TV lifestyle. HE is not going to coach again. At ND, or anywhere else.
Agreed, so let's just stick with the current coach. No one can do better than him at ND!!!

I love to listen to Gruden - his knowledge of football is sky high. However, he runs very complicated systems that require the time that only the NFL can devote to perfecting (or maybe the NFL and schools where you don't really have to put much of any effort into studying and going to class). He would be a huge hit when recruiting - and I think he would even get a big kick out of it. His intensity would be infectious at first - but when student-athletes can't devote the necessary time, he would be frustrated - and it would show. His gig now is too good. He can do everything he likes and nothing he doesn't - and gets paid very well for it.

I think ND should think outside the box and go celebrity with the next HC hire.

What about Jon Bon Jovi? What youngster wouldn't want to run through a wall for a former '80s hair band rocker? This has potential to really jazz up the Shamrock Series unis too, if they go a little '80s glam metal in the design. Could be huge.

Then there's Vince Vaughn, who's been known to frequent ND games and was also in Rudy. Instant pedigree, recruits will jump at the chance play for him, especially with his legendary sports hero role in "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story." He could bring in his friends Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell to give fire-up speeches to the team -- how cool would that be?!?!?

If they're not available, we have The Admiral, David Robinson. He's a huge ND fan and would be a great celebrity coach -- and he would have a special chip on his shoulder to start another winning streak against Navy to boot. (Maybe run the four corners offense to eat some clock and keep the ball away from them longer.)

Who else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT