ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Sacca CB’ed to ND

I'll just add people as they pop in my head who we didnt offer that really wanted a ND offer or we turned

JJ McCarthy. Loved Notre Dame. Camped at ND. Wanted the offer and would have been on commit watch. The staff chose Buchner. The rest is history. That was a Rees mistake

Luke Keuchly. Loved Notre Dame. Would have committed on the spot. Dont know if he was a 4 or 3 star all the way back then. Can't remember. But we didnt offer. Everyone knows the player he became
staff failures everyone; frankly most of those we have rejected (outside of off field and academic matters) we regretted

The best staffs do not try and cram round talent into square holes
If you have talent, the best staffs find way to use it.
Lou was very good at that

Reactions: NDinNJ
I have always believed you find a place for a player with talent who so badly wants to come to Notre Dame
Not enough scholarships for that and you can't overload at certain positions. I guarantee there's a ton of talented TE and OL who would love to be offered by Notre Dame that never do. You just can't offer and take everyone

A golden retriever can watch film. It's understanding what one watches that matters. I'll take the staffs opinion on a player over any subjective websites evaluations or that of any of us here. No one is perfect but the opinion of those that have succesful practical experience in any field carries a lot of weight in my opinion.
I'll use every resource on the subject. Coaching staffs from around the country, recruiting services and my own judgement

Just to be factual and accurate

Sacca is a 3 star on On3 and not ranked in the top 400

His composite ranking is a 4 star at around the 200 mark

Hes a good prospect but there are some others still on the board who are better prospects imo
thanks Mel

NDs talent rank the last 10 years: ~15th
NDs aggregate production on the field over the last 10 years: ~15th
NDs recruiting class ranking on aggregate over the last 10 years: ~15th

I don't care what resources people use to evaluate talent or whatever, but this team is just producing ad naseum 15th ranked seasons with little deviation and NOTHING fundamentally seems to be changing. NOBODY seems to care. Not the media. Not the fans. Not the administrators.

What frustrates me the most about this is that the people that ran this institution and football program that came before were the very best. They took risks. They zigged while everybody zagged. They were visionaries and out in the forefront of the sport. Which is why ND (a small priv. catholic institution in Timbukto nowhere) was able to be one of the most dominant/prominent places where football is played in the entire country.

Where the F#*(&# did that mentality go? Why are we 10 years late on everything? Why are we content with playing second fiddle to the modern powers in the sport? WHY is there no changes being made? WHY isn't ND investing its endless resources to build the best football product in the country? WHAT is going on over there?

There's probably serious financial issues that the public isn't aware of or something. It has to be. Nothing else makes sense.

I don't care what resources people use to evaluate talent or whatever, but this team is just producing ad naseum 15th ranked seasons with little deviation and NOTHING fundamentally seems to be changing. NOBODY seems to care. Not the media. Not the fans. Not the administrators.

What frustrates me the most about this is that the people that ran this institution and football program that came before were the very best. They took risks. They zigged while everybody zagged. They were visionaries and out in the forefront of the sport. Which is why ND (a small priv. catholic institution in Timbukto nowhere) was able to be one of the most dominant/prominent places where football is played in the entire country.

Where the F#*(&# did that mentality go? Why are we 10 years late on everything? Why are we content with playing second fiddle to the modern powers in the sport? WHY is there no changes being made? WHY isn't ND investing its endless resources to build the best football product in the country? WHAT is going on over there?

There's probably serious financial issues that the public isn't aware of or something. It has to be. Nothing else makes sense.
Dumb

Reactions: BGI User 756
Hes a good prospect but Im a little surprised (and slightly disappointed) that he is a take right now.

With the elite LBs we have on our radar Im a little surprised if this happens now
Who are the elite lbs that we have a legit shot at?

Who are the elite lbs that we have a legit shot at?
Nathaniel Owusu Boateng, JOKs brother.

Noah Mikhail

Gavin Nix

Marco Jones

Madden Faraimo

Christian Jones

I'm not anti Sacca. He's a good player. Hes just not as good as these guys imo. With us already taking Kia and Hulak, I would have waited a bit. But Sacca is a good pickup and a good player

If we add one of those 6 guys above, we'll have a very good LB class this year

NOB, PLEASE!
Imagine if CMF finishes with:

NOB
Meadows
Lange
Linkon Cure
Zachary
Blair

(*I know there are long shots but I can dream.)

I miss Irish In Ontario's 'Finish This Class' posts -- anyone want to take a crack at it?

Lol.

In 2018 and 2020 they were top 4

Go back to sewing underwear for Harbie

Imagine if CMF finishes with:

NOB
Meadows
Lange
Linkon Cure
Zachary
Blair

(*I know there are long shots but I can dream.)

I miss Irish In Ontario's 'Finish This Class' posts -- anyone want to take a crack at it?
I'll give it a shot

WR - Meadows
WR - Raiden Vines Bright/Boggs
Vyper - Shanklin
LB - Sacca
LB - NOB
CB - Zachary
CB - Golden
S - Blair

Reactions: edub72
That would be a great pickup.

His father started at QB against us 3 times, and went 2-1. He and Al Golden were teammates for 4 years.

I'll give it a shot

WR - Meadows
Vyper - Shanklin
LB - Sacca
LB - NOB
CB - Zachary
CB - Golden
S - Blair
Top 5/6 class if above happens and the arrow will be pointed completely upward as long as the record backs up the better recruiting than BK.

I'll give it a shot

WR - Meadows
Vyper - Shanklin
LB - Sacca
LB - NOB
CB - Zachary
CB - Golden
S - Blair
Add S-Ivan Taylor to that list and we'd have 6-7 guys in the top 125! Still a lot of work to do -- as our top recruits are crystal-balled but not signed. I'd like to bring OT Lange back into the fold too.
(Meadows #32, Taylor #40, Shanklin #47, Zachery #59, Golden #83....)

Reactions: chaseball
Add S-Ivan Taylor to that list and we'd have 6-7 guys in the top 125! Still a lot of work to do -- as our top recruits are crystal-balled but not signed. I'd like to bring OT Lange back into the fold too.
(Meadows #32, Taylor #40, Shanklin #47, Zachery #59, Golden #83....)
Taylor is already a commit

Reactions: stu4don
Assume he means talyn Taylor who imo we should be focusing on over Boggs. Taylor is so much more talented
He's visited 4 times. Most likely heading to Georgia. It's not that they aren't focusing on Taylor, they are. It's they are being smart knowing he is unlikely

Top 5/6 class if above happens
And my aunt would be my uncle if she had a penis

Point being: you can't just ignore the track record/evidence and then talk about a best case scenario as if it were probable.

And my aunt would be my uncle if she had a penis

Point being: you can't just ignore the track record/evidence and then talk about a best case scenario as if it were probable.
Do you see the word PROBABLE in my above post, last time I checked 'if above happens' is not the definition of probable!...R.E.A.D.!

Last edited:

Literally nothing you posted here is true, not even factually speaking. They've finished above 15th each of the past 6 years with 5 of those 6 in the top 11 (three top 5 finishes). Not even close.

Your shtick has gotten so bad now that you're literally making shit up to support it.

Literally nothing you posted here is true, not even factually speaking. They've finished above 15th each of the past 6 years with 5 of those 6 in the top 11 (three top 5 finishes). Not even close.
I hadn't taken the time to actually look up the exact numbers in a while which is why I used the squigly line as to say "around 15th" ~15th.

The reason I didn't look up the exact numbers is because the specific numbers are inconsequential to the point of the post. The point of the post was about NDs status quo ad nauseum tier 2 and tier 3 results as a football program over the last 10 years.

But here's how it actually breaks down (below are the average ranking over the last 10 years (2015-2024) using the 247 COMPOSITE):

Last 10 years average:
  • Recruiting Class Ranking: 12th
  • 85-man roster Talent Ranking: 10th
  • Final F+ Ranking: 14th
  • Top 50 overall recruits secured per cycle: 0.8 (less than 1 per class)
recruiting class ranking is how well your program is recruiting in general
85-man roster talent ranking is a consolidation of all of the talent on your 85 man roster at the start of the season
final f+ ranking is a measure of how well your team performed on the football field for the season with an adjustment made for opponent quality and for luck
top 50 overall recruits signed is how effectively your program is recruiting the best/most elite/rarest prospects in the country .. the 40+ offer kids who can go anywhere

You take this data (Notre Dame's data) and compare it to the teams that are winning national titles over the last 20+ years, and there's a gap the size of a football stadium between what ND is producing and what a national title winning program is producing. And ND has done very little to materially improve their position in any of these critical metrics over the last 5, 10, 15+ years

These aren't the metrics of a program destined to win a national title, these are the metrics of a team destined to finish somewhere in the area of 10-15th. And in this 2025 cycle, it's more of the same. NDs 2025 class is nearly full and they have 1 commit in the top 50 in the 247 composite (Ivan Taylor).

At this rate, we'll be dead before ND puts together a roster/a program that is good enough to win a national title.

Last edited:
I hadn't taken the time to actually look up the exact numbers in a while which is why I used the squigly line as to say "around 15th" ~15th.

The reason I didn't look up the exact numbers is because the specific numbers are inconsequential to the point of the post. The point of the post was about NDs status quo ad nauseum tier 2 and tier 3 results as a football program over the last 10 years.

But here's how it actually breaks down (below are the average ranking over the last 10 years (2015-2024) using the 247 COMPOSITE):

Last 10 years average:
85-man roster talent ranking is a consolidation of all of the talent on your 85 man roster at the start of the season
final f+ ranking is a measure of how well your team performed on the field field for the season with an adjustment made for opponent quality and for luck
top 50 overall recruits signed is how effectively your program is recruiting the best/most elite/rarest prospects in the country .. the 40+ offer kids who can go anywhere

You take this data (Notre Dame's data) and compare it to the teams that are winning national titles over the last 20+ years, and there's a gap the size of a football stadium between what ND is producing and what a national title winning program is producing. And ND has done very little to materially improve their position in any of these critical metrics over the last 5, 10, 15+ years

These aren't the metrics of a program destined to win a national title, these are the metrics of a team destined to finish somewhere in the area of 10-15th. And in this 2025 cycle, it's more of the same. NDs 2025 class is nearly full and they have 1 commit in the top 50 in the 247 composite (Ivan Taylor).

At this rate, we'll be dead before ND puts together a roster/a program that is good enough to win a national title.
F- is irrelevant and a terrible ranking system

Last 10 years average:
final f+ ranking is a measure of how well your team performed on the football field for the season with an adjustment made for opponent quality and for luck

Why do I keep beating this drum ?

Just look at the narrative around ND nation/ND football in the media, in the program, in the social media sphere, etc. etc.

The narrative overlooks any sense of reality (the information above) and talks about national titles like this program is on the verge. That the recruiting is good enough. That the talent is good enough. That the program is good enough. etc. etc. etc.

Lies lies lies.

So long as that narrative continues, it only locks-in the status quo/business as usual around Notre Dame's football program and perpetuates the mediocrity.

Last 10 years average:

F+ is worthless, quit using it and start using the actual ranking system that everyone in college football uses. According to that they're a top 10 program.

Also Freeman's one full class was ranked 9th in the composite and 2025 (while very early) is currently number one.

Everything else you say is just moving the goal posts to support your bs argument. Those are the facts.

He's visited 4 times. Most likely heading to Georgia. It's not that they aren't focusing on Taylor, they are. It's they are being smart knowing he is unlikely
Boggs just isn't it, not when you already committed to using cough wasting scholarships on other wrs this class

Boggs just isn't it, not when you already committed to using cough wasting scholarships on other wrs this class
He's a good prospect. 4 star type. Hes not elite but hes a good prospect. Lot of schools want him. We may be getting the Texas kid so Boggs would be left out anyway

Why do I keep beating this drum ?

Just look at the narrative around ND nation/ND football in the media, in the program, in the social media sphere, etc. etc.

The narrative overlooks any sense of reality (the information above) and talks about national titles like this program is on the verge. That the recruiting is good enough. That the talent is good enough. That the program is good enough. etc. etc. etc.

Lies lies lies.

So long as that narrative continues, it only locks-in the status quo/business as usual around Notre Dame's football program and perpetuates the mediocrity.
We had a statistically very good team last year, that happened to lose 3 games. Our defense was ranked 5th in the nation, and we return a lot. So this team has a lot of potential this year, with a talented transfer QB coming in.

He's a good prospect. 4 star type. Hes not elite but hes a good prospect. Lot of schools want him. We may be getting the Texas kid so Boggs would be left out anyway
Texas kid ain’t it either … crazy disappointing wr class

We had a statistically very good team last year, that happened to lose 3 games. Our defense was ranked 5th in the nation, and we return a lot. So this team has a lot of potential this year, with a talented transfer QB coming in.
Win at TAM.

Your judgement in prospects hasn't been very good so that may be a good sign. Only guy that ain't it is Bettis
Mine or the coaches? Really only price is the prospect that has a chance to be really good that early on I didn’t think would be. Also I was wrong on Tobias.

The coaches hyped up Mickey the last two years same with Marist

25 wr class is shaping up to be on that doesn’t contribute much until late in career

Mine or the coaches? Really only price is the prospect that has a chance to be really good that early on I didn’t think would be. Also I was wrong on Tobias.

The coaches hyped up Mickey the last two years same with Marist

25 wr class is shaping up to be on that doesn’t contribute much until late in career
Yours. The coaches have been fair about Mickey. Hes a good player. And he will be a high quality player for the next 2 years.

We wont need the 25 wr class to be immediate impact players

Greathouse
Thomas
Faison
Smith
Williams
Gilbert
Saldate
Colzie
Any transfers

Let them develop. If they arent good enough while they are here, they will be processed out and transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT