ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Sacca CB’ed to ND

Hes a good prospect but Im a little surprised (and slightly disappointed) that he is a take right now.

With the elite LBs we have on our radar Im a little surprised if this happens now

His dad was huge for a QB. Anthony is on the right path… linebacker or rush end.

Hes a good prospect but Im a little surprised (and slightly disappointed) that he is a take right now.

With the elite LBs we have on our radar Im a little surprised if this happens now
Let's see, G... both Alabama and OSU are very high on this kid*. Grab him now or lose him. He's 6'3" already and will be a solid Mike at 240 (maybe Will) for the Irish. Great take (imo) now go get NOB and Marco Jones.

Kid played Safety as a Soph!

*(Sacca was just offered by Alabama, invited to their Junior Day last month, and then they want him back next week. He is listed as a TOP TARGET for Alabama in their 2025 big board article:Sacca was in Tuscaloosa for the first time during Junior Day earlier this month and has locked in plans to return on April 4 to watch a spring practice. He was also listed as a TOP TARGET by Bill K on Ohio State's site just last week.)

Reactions: d1042 and Telx1

Not familiar with this kid. His film looks damn good. Isn’t he ranked 7 nationally for his position by Rivals?

Why? This is probably the highest rated commit we've had in months (a guy ranked somewhere in the ~175 area overall).

After decades of evidence of how vital recruiting is, NDs recruiting is somehow getting worse lol

Why? This is probably the highest rated commit we've had in months (a guy ranked somewhere in the ~175 area overall).

After decades of evidence of how vital recruiting is, NDs recruiting is somehow getting worse lol
"there you go again," Ronald Reagan.

That just isn't true, Chase. Read Eric today! C'mon man.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Looks like Rivals considers him elite! Surely a take.
The issue isn't whether he's a take or not it's that NDs class is filling up fast and all of these 3 & 4 star recruits are taking up valuable space and crowding out any potential room for elite difference makers.

The issue isn't whether he's a take or not it's that NDs class is filling up fast and all of these 3 & 4 star recruits are taking up valuable space and crowding out any potential room for elite difference makers.
Wash, rinse, repeat. That's your mantra. You're the biggest Debbie Downer I've ever seen.

Go root for another team.

Wash, rinse, repeat. That's your mantra. You're the biggest Debbie Downer I've ever seen.

Go root for another team.
As an ND fan, I feel like i'm living in the college football version of that movie groundhog day.

Can't wait for 9-3 vs that tough ACC slate for another half decade. lol

As an ND fan, I feel like i'm living in the college football version of that movie groundhog day.

Can't wait for 9-3 vs that tough ACC slate for another half decade. lol
What a loser you are. If you are a fan of ND why are you mocking and ridiculing the school you are a fan of?
If you aren't happy with ND's approach go find another team. There are plenty of FBS teams you can go cheer for.

Groundhog Day? That's exactly how you post. The same drivel over and over.
yes Groundhog Day! That's EXACTLY what is going on at Notre Dame for the last 15 years!

3 & 4 star recruits with little deviation.

9-3 results buoyed by a rock solid coaching staff who is getting ZERO HELP from the administrators/people in leadership positions at the university.

I wish those dinosaurs calling the shots at ND would die off already so we can get persons in those roles who are in touch with reality in the year 2024.

yes Groundhog Day! That's EXACTLY what is going on at Notre Dame for the last 15 years!

9-3 results buoyed by a rock solid coaching staff who is getting ZERO HELP from the administrators/people in leadership positions at the university.

I wish those dinosaurs calling the shots at ND would die off already so we can get persons in those roles who are in touch with reality in the year 2024.
Wishing for people to die? Not a very Christian thing to say.

Hey asshole, before you go around wishing others their death, why don't you lighten up. Football is a GAME! You are a psycho. Get help!

Because I actually watch the film and don't base my opinion solely on others

I didn't care when we got Bryce Young to commit that he was an average 3 star. I knew he had stud qualities.

Same this year with Will Black. He was a 3 star when he committed and I didnt care one bit. On3 has him as a top 10 player now. Hehas stud qualities

I watch the film. Try it sometime

Just to be factual and accurate

Sacca is a 3 star on On3 and not ranked in the top 400

His composite ranking is a 4 star at around the 200 mark

Hes a good prospect but there are some others still on the board who are better prospects imo

Yeah the five stars are just beating down our doors
the base of just about all teams except a very few are based at four and three stars
And of you can get a four star YOU TAKE HIM. Only a MORON like you think otherwise

Yeah the five stars are just beating down our doors
the base of just about all teams except a very few are based at four and three stars
And of you can get a four star YOU TAKE HIM. Only a MORON like you think otherwise
No you don't just take any 4 star. We turn down 4 stars every year.

You take the right players if they are 5, 4 or 3 stars.

Just because a site rates a player as a4 star doesn't mean the staff thinks the same

I'll quote Eric the Great: "ND has five three-stars at the moment. The fewest they've had going back to their highest-ranked class in the Kelly/Freeman Era (2013) is four. That happened in the 2022 and 2023 cycles. In 2021, it was 14. From 2014 to 2019 it ranged from nine to 15 per class. And keep in mind, we are so early in the cycle that some of those three-stars can change to four-stars."

We've won 10+ game 7 of the last 12 years. We've made three appearances in post season championships during that time. BCS once, playoffs twice.

Not yet where we want to be but nearly as bad as you make us sound. We're a top five program that is a QB away from winning it all. Much much better than we have been in any time since Lou lost to BC in '93.

I'm buying.

Just because a site rates a player as a4 star doesn't mean the staff thinks the same
Hopefully the staff is smart enough to judge that. I would love to see your list of four stars turned down. I bet is is not very long.
Would also love to know the last 5 star ND turned down
A really good staff figures out how to use exceptional talent. I know that seems a strange concept to you

Hopefully the staff is smart enough to judge that. I would love to see your list of four stars turned down. I bet is is not very long.
A really good staff figures out how to use exceptional talent. I know that seems a strange concept to you
Follow recruiting closer and you'll see it happen every year.

1 example this year already is Rowan Byrne, he's still a 4 star on the composite I believe. He loved ND. We stopped recruiting him because they liked the OL guys we got more. He wanted to be Irish but we pumped the brakes on that

Owen Wafle last year. We pushed him out because they liked Sevillano better. He was a 4 star who we had committed and we pushed him out

Guys who we pushed out but I'm not sure they ended up 4 stars were Sheffield, Nickel, Irvin jr.

Bentancur and Prieskorn are two 4 star tight ends who really wanted a ND offer last year but we took 3 star TE Larsen and never offered them.

We dont offer every 4 star and we turn down a lot of guys every year. Esp at TE and OL ever year

One big mistake you and other people make in recruiting is just because a recruiting site views a player as a 4 star doesnt mean a staff does. These rankings aren't set in stone and every staff across the country agrees with them. Thats not how it works

Just because there's a 4 star next to your name doesnt make you an exceptional talent

Maybe thats a strange concept to you. Dont take a ranking as fact

Exactly. And our three headed brain trust of Freeman and Golden and Bullough has probably as much or more linebacker expertise as any other program in the country, and they apparently consider Sacca an immediate take. I don’t think taking Sacca will impact our willingness to take any of the other high target linebackers on our board, especially in light of how we have filled the Vyper position.

I'll just add people as they pop in my head who we didnt offer that really wanted a ND offer or we turned

JJ McCarthy. Loved Notre Dame. Camped at ND. Wanted the offer and would have been on commit watch. The staff chose Buchner. The rest is history. That was a Rees mistake

Luke Keuchly. Loved Notre Dame. Would have committed on the spot. Dont know if he was a 4 or 3 star all the way back then. Can't remember. But we didnt offer. Everyone knows the player he became

He might projected to DE. Heard that from a buddy who coached against him last year.

Because I actually watch the film and don't base my opinion solely on others

I didn't care when we got Bryce Young to commit that he was an average 3 star. I knew he had stud qualities.

Same this year with Will Black. He was a 3 star when he committed and I didnt care one bit. On3 has him as a top 10 player now. Hehas stud qualities

I watch the film. Try it sometime
A golden retriever can watch film. It's understanding what one watches that matters. I'll take the staffs opinion on a player over any subjective websites evaluations or that of any of us here. No one is perfect but the opinion of those that have succesful practical experience in any field carries a lot of weight in my opinion.

One big mistake you and other people make in recruiting is just because a recruiting site views a player as a 4 star doesnt mean a staff does. These rankings aren't set in stone and every staff across the country agrees with them. Thats not how it works

Just because there's a 4 star next to your name doesnt make you an exceptional talent

Maybe thats a strange concept to you. Dont take a ranking as fact
and some ignore the recruiting services all together
and no staff is perfect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT