ADVERTISEMENT

Alohi the #27 best player in the country for 2019?

By the end of the year, I think Okwara will be on the list. Kareem has a decent chance if he stays healthy. I don't know how Patterson makes the list but Book doesn't, and yes, I realize Book still has some things to work on.

Congrats to Alohi. I love what Tranquil said about him. As a leader, he took over the locker room as soon as he showed up 2 years ago.

The only other candidates we have to make the list were Book, Okwara, Hayes and Pride. Maybe Elliott if his improvement trajectory continues. Hopefully, we will be the whole is greater than the parts team. That requires leaders. Alohi will be one.

The list is garbage. I don't care about only one Irish player on the list. Truthfully if we can only have one they got that part right. By years end Gilmam will be higher you write that down.

Book not being on the list...not sure why he would be but on the same token why is Justin Fields on the list let alone at #15.

His career stats are 328 yards passing.

I'm surprised there aren't true freshmen on this list because you know just how much they've shown us at the D1 level.

WTFE

Reactions: GoldCountryND
“Book not being on the list...not sure why he would be but on the same token why is Justin Fields on the list let alone at #15.”

88, you’re not sure why the qb at ND that led his team to an undefeated regular season and was top 5 in completion% and top 10 in QBR & is mentioned among heisman candidates this year should be ranked in the top 50 returning players in the country? Lol. I get that some of you can’t stand him but i do think that it’s strange the way he’s looked upon here (by some). He should no doubt be on a top 50 list of returning college football players and not admitting to that is just another over the top bash of him, imho. He is not a finished product but he’s not the qb that some describe here either. Maybe he falls on his face next season, maybe he gets beat out in the spring, but the constantly beaten dead horse harsh criticism of him has become absurd & completely disregards the year he had. I could care less about some stupid top 50 list but to flippantly act as though there’s no way he should be on it is a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT