ADVERTISEMENT

Alohi Gillman appreciation -- he looked like the best player on the field tonight

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
Alohi Gilman had a real breakout game tonight.

He's in great shape/i don't think he came out of the game once/big body/fast/instinctive/ and flashed a ton of range tonight. He was covering deep passes, stuffing the run, getting pressure on the QB, making open field clutch tackles, and was seemingly everywhere. He looked like an absolute star on the defense.

I thought Gillman was going to be a nice veteran role player to sub in and out with some of the young highly talented prospects at the position this season. I had no clue he was going to turn into one of the best players on the team over the course of the offseason though.

Great find/transfer/development job by the coaching staff on this one.

If ND supersedes expectations this season, this guy is going to be a big part of the reason why.

Last edited:
Alohi, along with Tillery, and Hayes were the names I kept hearing repeatedly on the broadcast last night.

On at least two occasions, Gilman had a pass break-up that ended and/or contained the Michigan drive.

Very happy with his performance in his Irish debut.

Reactions: francade
Alohi, along with Tillery, and Hayes were the names I kept hearing repeatedly on the broadcast last night.

On at least two occasions, Gilman had a pass break-up that ended and/or contained the Michigan drive.

It won't show up on the stat sheet but Hayes was pressuring Patterson all night. Coney was all over the field as well and Kareem looked great with 2 sacks and the game winning ff. Impact players everywhere, this defense is legit.

We already knew about Kareem/Okwara/Hayes/Coney/Tranquil/Tillery/Love ... these guys were already on our radar as impact players on the roster.

Based on Alohi Gilman's pedigree (hawaii/under recruited/navy/etc.) it was easy to kind of clump him into the "JAG" category but tonight he flashed the type of play making ability you would expect from a star player. He was playing as well if not better than guys who are a lock to be on NFL rosters next season.

He's a total stud and tonight was his coming out party .. the best part is that he still has 3 years of eligibility left.

Last edited:
Alohi Gilman had a real breakout game tonight.

He's in great shape/i don't think he came out of the game once/big body/fast/instinctive/ and flashed a ton of range tonight. He was covering deep passes, stuffing the run, getting pressure on the QB, making open field clutch tackles, and was seemingly everywhere. He looked like an absolute star on the defense.

I thought Gillman was going to be a nice veteran role player to sub in and out with some of the young highly talented prospects at the position this season. I had no clue he was going to turn into one of the best players on the team over the course of the offseason though.

Great find/transfer/development job by the coaching staff on this one.

If ND supersedes expectations this season, this guy is going to be a big part of the reason why.
He was a stud at Navy. Not surprised by his play tonight.

Tevon was by far the best player on the field.

Maybe you could not see it on TV but pressure, tackles and being everywhere. No contest.

Alohi was a certified psychopath last night. Great performance. I had no idea he was this good. Loved watching him bring so much intensity to our backfield. Really a fun guy to watch play.

Aloha Gillman is great but the dline and linebackers put alot of pressure on the QB causing many bad throws or the rush shortened the time for Michigan receivers to get open. Tevon Coney had ten tackles and in cluding TFL's and QB hurries.
Tevon Coney rules !!

Reactions: IrishMike409
Another example of ND's terrible recruiting, even as a transfer -- why does Notre Dame bother with those 2* guys!;)

Reactions: IrishMike409
Another example of ND's terrible recruiting, even as a transfer -- why does Notre Dame bother with those 2* guys!;)

Yes, because when i criticize NDs recruiting, the point that i make is that ALL two star recruits are garbage and none of them will ever succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT