ADVERTISEMENT

Alohi declares

I will sure miss this young man!

He set the tone for this, maybe Kelly's best, defense. He just hit hit hit and was a great example for the young men around him. Hope Hamilton took notes!

I wish him the best of luck. Some NFL team is going to get a steal in the late rounds.

Guy's just a player.

And some day -- come back and coach for us, Aholi.

Can’t imagine how he is not most of our favs from this team. Did it all, gave it all. Hit like a LB, played without fear.

We will miss him. Big blow to our 2020 Defense.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
Smart decision by him

Awesome player, great kid. Lot of heart. Good luck to him. Become a player in the League

Thought he played with a lot of passion. Hard nose hitting DB I think will do really well in the NFL. Best of luck.

Reactions: TheSodFather
Last years opener vs Michigan, first time seeing Gilman, He was amped up and playing like a complete psycho. Immediately became a favorite.

Wish he was coming back for 1 more year. He’ll be missed.

good move for him. highly unlikely his stock would improve by returning. i can see him being a solid ST guy in the NFL for many years.

Aloha, Alohi.

Fearless competitor. Leader in the locker room. Team guy all the way. You want to build a defense with 11 players like Alohi. I wish him nothing but success in his dream to play in the NFL. I am proud to say he is a Notre Dame man.

Reactions: napy2121
Good move on his part. His style of play leads to his body taking a beating. He is what he is....a tough nosed leader who flies around with reckless abandon. I hope the Patriots snag him as well as Finke!

Last edited:
Loved watching him play, but I'll play devils advocate. He probably saw the writing on the wall as the Irish will be Bigger, Stronger and Faster next year!!

14-0 in 2020

Very fun player to watch ... I can’t imagine he gets drafted or makes an NFL roster. Whoever advises ND players about NFL always seems to over hype.

He'll get drafted and at worst be a special teams player in the NFL
I don’t watch NFL football ... I watch too much college football and can’t set aside another weekend day, so I am no one to judge who is NFL talent ... I just never saw Gilman at 5’11” 200# dominate vs good college competition, he’s not big and he’s not super fast, but he has good instincts and hits hard. I struggle to see him keeping up with NFL QBs and receivers or punishing NFL RBs

Late Rd pick who can make a team initially as a ST Player IMO.

From there who knows ?

Guys do improve----anyone here see Harrison Smith being the highest paid Safety in the NFL ?

I sure didn't.

Alohi was a great addition to our team, all of the already mentioned kudos plus a transfer from a military academy, how often does that happen, and to ND. Tells a lot about Alohi. His desire for a great education, and play in the NFL. Willing to bet he will do well at the next level.

Going to miss him ripping balls out or punching them out. Probably gave the Irish O, 30 points this year.

I don’t watch NFL football ... I watch too much college football and can’t set aside another weekend day, so I am no one to judge who is NFL talent ... I just never saw Gilman at 5’11” 200# dominate vs good college competition, he’s not big and he’s not super fast, but he has good instincts and hits hard. I struggle to see him keeping up with NFL QBs and receivers or punishing NFL RBs
There’s always the Navy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT