ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Grinch Fired

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
And Deion changed coordinators this week. So Freeman needs to really do some thinking.

It took LR way too long to make this move. He stunk at Oklahoma and he stunk at SC

Amazing how bad USC was on defense. Their defensive system seemed too complicated to me and they were really trying to be like an NFL defense.

I’m still amazed that these guys that make millions violate some basic tenets of the game. Stuff that young high school coaches know better than to do. Sadly I see Freeman doing this too which is why I have a hard time seeing him taking ND to the promised land. I hope I’m wrong.

I’m really glad that Caleb Williams’ was only their for two 3+ loss seasons with no serious title chance and ND got a victory against him. That guy is something else as a player. Like a video game.

Reactions: notredamerises23
And Deion changed coordinators this week. So Freeman needs to really do some thinking.
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but ND did not get blown out Sat. That was a very competitive game. At times ND looked the better team. This is a young head coach who we think at this point is a pretty good recruiter and a staff, some carryovers and some 1st year hires. This team looks nothing like the clown shows out west. This is a good team, fun to watch.

I don’t get the venom at this early stage, so maybe someone can elaborate on it??

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but ND did not get blown out Sat. That was a very competitive game. At times ND looked the better team. This is a young head coach who we think at this point is a pretty good recruiter and a staff, some carryovers and some 1st year hires. This team looks nothing like the clown shows out west. This is a good team, fun to watch.

I don’t get the venom at this early stage, so maybe someone can elaborate on it??
Other than Estime's hard work ethic. This offense is hard to watch. Not because of the wrs either. It is Parker's game strategizing or lack of it. He is over his head against top notch teams or even decent teams like Lville. Freeman needs to make a move and not put friendship first. Look what happen to USC because of that. This coulda been a big year for them too. I feel for the players that put an effort in this season because they were given a weak OC. That's the plain truth.

There are some very good teams out west. It’s not so much that ND lost, it’s how they lost. This is a better team then Clemson yet got out played and out coached. My frustration is with Swarbrick, why hire a head coach with no head coaching experience? Freeman was in over his head yesterday.

Reactions: edub72
There are some very good teams out west. It’s not so much that ND lost, it’s how they lost. This is a better team then Clemson yet got out played and out coached. My frustration is with Swarbrick, why hire a head coach with no head coaching experience? Freeman was in over his head yesterday.
He was in over his head yesterday but he beat that coach and team like a drum last year with less experience..... it has nothing to do with experience

Reactions: FightingIrish44

Umm thinking about his staff?

Other than Estime's hard work ethic. This offense is hard to watch. Not because of the wrs either. It is Parker's game strategizing or lack of it. He is over his head against top notch teams or even decent teams like Lville. Freeman needs to make a move and not put friendship first. Look what happen to USC because of that. This coulda been a big year for them too. I feel for the players that put an effort in this season because they were given a weak OC. That's the plain truth.

I don't agree with the characterization or implication that Freeman put "friendship first" in hiring Gerad Parker. Freeman's first choice for OC was Andy Ludwig, but that hire got botched. From all that I have read, that is on Swarbrick, but I suppose we may never know the full story. Freeman hired Parker because he got put into a corner. From everything I have read about Parker, he is smart and hard working. But like everyone else here, I have been disappointed with ND's lack of performance this year on offense. Our defense certainly has played well enough for us to win every game. But are the offensive struggles on the coordinator or on the players? I was thrilled with Hartman's play early in the season, but he has underwhelmed the last couple of months. Our OL has been hit and miss. For the most part, our WR play has been below average. Are we struggling on offense due to play design, scheme and in-game play calling, or because we don't have the horses? I am not smart enough to know the answers to that, but it will be on MF to figure it out.

I don't agree with the characterization or implication that Freeman put "friendship first" in hiring Gerad Parker. Freeman's first choice for OC was Andy Ludwig, but that hire got botched. From all that I have read, that is on Swarbrick, but I suppose we may never know the full story. Freeman hired Parker because he got put into a corner. From everything I have read about Parker, he is smart and hard working. But like everyone else here, I have been disappointed with ND's lack of performance this year on offense. Our defense certainly has played well enough for us to win every game. But are the offensive struggles on the coordinator or on the players? I was thrilled with Hartman's play early in the season, but he has underwhelmed the last couple of months. Our OL has been hit and miss. For the most part, our WR play has been below average. Are we struggling on offense due to play design, scheme and in-game play calling, or because we don't have the horses? I am not smart enough to know the answers to that, but it will be on MF to figure it out.

Hartman had a similar season at Wake last year where he was red hot out of the gate, but then stumbled down the stretch. He threw 12 INT last year in the regular season, and 8 of them came in four consecutive games, including back to back 3 INT games vs Louisville and NC State. Wake also lost 4 of 5 to end the season. That all wasn't on him, because their defense gave up a ton of points in those losses. But his play later in the season wasn't as strong.

Well, recruiting I would say he is just below excelling in.
Coaching, it is clear, even to a novice like me that he resonates with the players.
and most important now: he is no longer an inexperienced 1st year coach.
I see a lot of good things when I watch this team.

Now next year, we have to brace our selves for the reality of playing a new rookie QB. Buckle up.

Combination of factors TBH. Freeman's Jim Tressel approach to football might also be a major factor.

Living in California, I watch and somewhat follow USC. I was wrong in predicting a faster back to glory turn around. Riley is not the man...and deserves a lot of criticism for having gone with Alex Grinch.

This USC defense is pure Swiss cheese. I read it's NFL complexity. Well, just like Van Gorder at ND, it has to work with college kids. BK at least put a stop to Van Gorder early enough.

It says a lot about Riley to let the wheels come off and live with a terrible defense for so long...as if offense alone matters.

There is something about emotion with focus. Clemson was playing for its season.

He was in over his head yesterday but he beat that coach and team like a drum last year with less experience..... it has nothing to do with experience
It has everything to do with experience, but you keep telling yourself it isn’t. Maybe Pat can explain it to you.

It has everything to do with experience, but you keep telling yourself it isn’t. Maybe Pat can explain it to you.
He's your boy

So last year with less experience it didn't matter because he won the game by 21.

But this year with more experience he lost.

So it was all about experience....

Yeah okay lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT