ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama

NDinNJ

I've posted how many times?
Nov 23, 2018
They replaced an elite coach with an elite coach. Deboer is a legitimate Top 3 coach.

He's 106 - 12 as a head coach.

Why couldn't ND go after him when Kelly left. Swarbrick got lazy, didn't want perform a coaching search.

They replaced an elite coach with an elite coach. Deboer is a legitimate Top 3 coach. Why couldn't ND go after him when Kelly left. Swarbrick got lazy, didn't want perform a coaching search.
Don't you need to win something to be considered elite?

I don’t think ND fans would have taken too kindly to having a guy with just two years of Group of 5 experience and some NAIA experience as a head coach.

I don’t think ND fans would have taken too kindly to having a guy with just two years of Group of 5 experience and some NAIA experience as a head coach.
Seriously? Versus someonewith zero head coaching experience.
Two years in Washington and he had them in the Championship game.

Seriously? Versus someonewith zero head coaching experience.
Two years in Washington and he had them in the Championship game.
That’s ex post facto. What happened at UW occurred after the Freeman hire. I’d bet people would be pissed with his hire considering his resume.

True, but he was 79-9 as a head coach at Sioux Falls and Fresno State. More accomplished than Freeman when Kelly left.
Respectfully, I see so much “well about that QB” or “well why not that coach”. It’s almost always based on information after the fact.

Matt Campbell at Iowa State was more qualified/proven than Freeman just based on resume. I’d guess that most would have wanted Freeman over Campbell. What if Campbell then blew up? People would be saying “well why didn’t they get Campbell?!?”.

Respectfully, I see so much “well about that QB” or “well why not that coach”. It’s almost always based on information after the fact.

Matt Campbell at Iowa State was more qualified/proven than Freeman just based on resume. I’d guess that most would have wanted Freeman over Campbell. What if Campbell then blew up? People would be saying “well why didn’t they get Campbell?!?”.
I agree hindsight is 20/20. My point is more that there really wasn't a coaching search. They decided on Freeman after 2 days.

They replaced an elite coach with an elite coach. Deboer is a legitimate Top 3 coach.

He's 106 - 12 as a head coach.

Why couldn't ND go after him when Kelly left. Swarbrick got lazy, didn't want perform a coaching search.
DeBoer hadn’t established anything yet then. Was beginning for sure

He was a combined 79 - 9 between Sioux Falls and Fresno State.

And what had Freeman established as a head coach prior to 2021?
The same thing Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney and Bob Stoops had established . None of them were head coaches prior to winning a NC at their respective schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT