theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
once again master game plan

A blind man could draw up better plays on a etch a sketch

I say he is herd for 2 more years or more pending contract extension

Reactions: football1irish
Dopey as usual. You are consistent!
Hey cockroach, you have some balls crowing about this "win". You represent everything that is wrong with this program. Because ND fans except mediocrity, there is no pressure to change things.

Hey cockroach, you have some balls crowing about this "win". You represent everything that is wrong with this program. Because ND fans except mediocrity, there is no pressure to change things.

The coach isn't the issue with the program. Notre Dame Is its own issue. The school has gotten progressively softer and that shitty softness leaks into everything.

Remember when Brian Kelly was an elite coach coming to Notre Dame demanding his players play at a high level, putting the Nick Saban "fear of God" in them and running the team in a way that demanded toughness? Remember him losing his mind on TJ Jones for a lack of accountability? That kid was forged by fire and became one hell of a wide receiver. Bring screamed at, broken down, and built back up didn't hurt that kid... The same way it doesn't hurt your Marines when they head to boot camp. It helps forge them into warriors... Fast forward and Brian Kelly is now everyone's buddy. He has no edge left about him. He can still coach, but his kids are mentally soft.

Nick Saban and Urban Meyer treat winning and losing like life and death. When they lose they are borderline unsportsmanlike and they instill that same mindset in their team. That winning is the only acceptable reality, or else you have failed yourself, your team and your family... Dabo is nearly in tears after a loss he hates losing so much... But at Notre Dame it's simply a "learning experience". Brian Kelly had that edge at one time. Lou Holtz had that edge too... Then Notre Dame stepped in and neutered both of them and the result is a team with a lot of talent, who will never get over the top, because winning isn't life and death, It's just a fun outcome to playing the game.

Last edited:
The coach isn't the issue with the program. Notre Dame Is its own issue. The school has gotten progressively softer and that shitty softness wears leaks into everything.

Remember when Brian Kelly was an elite coach coming to Notre Dame demanding his players play at a high level, putting the Nick Saban "fear of God" in them and running the team in a way that That demanded toughness? Remember him losing his mind on TJ Jones for a lack of accountability? That kid was forced by fire and became one hell of a wide receiver.

Fast forward and Brian Kelly is now everyone's buddy. He has no edge left about him. He can still coach, but his kids are mentally soft.

Nick Saban and Urban Meyer treat winning and losing like life and death. When they lose they are borderline unsportsmanlike and they instill that same mindset in their team. That winning is the only acceptable reality, or else you have failed yourself, your team and your family... Brian Kelly had that edge at one time. Lou Holtz had that edge too... Then Notre Dame stepped in and neutered both of them and the result is a team with a lot of talent, who will never get over the top, because winning isn't life and death, It's just a fun outcome to playing the game.

I think it's really just simple incompetence.

Reactions: hoopsstar12

Ski...even at 50000 ft it was a difficult game to watch! But hell, we limited their scoring to 17 points, and we should have scored every possession. I think the game plan was fine, but Wimbush came out throwing high, and we became one dimensional until the last minute of the first half. Frankly, it’s the one game I hate every year, all downside and almost zero upside.

But the win was essential and now we quickly leave this in the rear view mirror and take our 9-2 into Stanford. Should be a great game and a major challenge, but at least a more traditional style of play better suited to our strengths. They’re running back Love is the best we will see this year and We sure as hell better tackle better than we did today.

I still maintain that If we win 10 in the regular season and win a big six bowl game, this will be a great year for ND football, coming off the 4-8 disaster that was last season. Kelly will deserve the accolades that will come his way, and I think he’ll leave on his own volition after another strong showing next year. That’s my hope at any rate.

Reactions: Kelso86
What a stupid thread. We're 9-2. Probably vs. our toughest schedule in ten years. Big win today (vs. a tough team, ask Urban) after an emotional loss. Disagree that we are soft. Where are all the PJ Fleck guys?! You were some of them. He is failing miserably in his first year in the big time -- got crushed today (39-0!) Row the boat.

The coach isn't the issue with the program. Notre Dame Is its own issue. The school has gotten progressively softer and that shitty softness leaks into everything.

Remember when Brian Kelly was an elite coach coming to Notre Dame demanding his players play at a high level, putting the Nick Saban "fear of God" in them and running the team in a way that demanded toughness? Remember him losing his mind on TJ Jones for a lack of accountability? That kid was forged by fire and became one hell of a wide receiver. Bring screamed at, broken down, and built back up didn't hurt that kid... The same way it doesn't hurt your Marines when they head to boot camp. It helps forge them into warriors... Fast forward and Brian Kelly is now everyone's buddy. He has no edge left about him. He can still coach, but his kids are mentally soft.

Nick Saban and Urban Meyer treat winning and losing like life and death. When they lose they are borderline unsportsmanlike and they instill that same mindset in their team. That winning is the only acceptable reality, or else you have failed yourself, your team and your family... Dabo is nearly in teara after a loss he hates losong so much... But at Notre Dame it's simply a "learning experience". Brian Kelly had that edge at one time. Lou Holtz had that edge too... Then Notre Dame stepped in and neutered both of them and the result is a team with a lot of talent, who will never get over the top, because winning isn't life and death, It's just a fun outcome to playing the game.
I love how you talked about edge. NEVER LOSE YOUR EDGE. I try to remind myself that often in life!

Lost to the two best teams on the schedule.

4-8 in 2016.
These bk worshippers will never learn. They accept mediocrity. Happy with 9-2 which could become 9-4. ND should never ever ever have a record of 4-8. Their logic being there are no coaches available, only bk can lead the Irish to 8-9 wins per year. Oh by the way, my grandma could have coached ND to 4 wins last year.

Reactions: hoopsstar12
What a stupid thread. We're 9-2. Probably vs. our toughest schedule in ten years. Big win today (vs. a tough team, ask Urban) after an emotional loss. Disagree that we are soft. Where are all the PJ Fleck guys?! You were some of them. He is failing miserably in his first year in the big time -- got crushed today (39-0!) Row the boat.
Row the Titanic PJ!

These bk worshippers will never learn. They accept mediocrity. Happy with 9-2 which could become 9-4. ND should never ever ever have a record of 4-8. Their logic being there are no coaches available, only bk can lead the Irish to 8-9 wins per year. Oh by the way, my grandma could have coached ND to 4 wins last year.

Keep drinking that piss. Never appreciate any good things that happen. Focus solely on the bad.

Never said they would fire him. They accept mediocrity. I dont

Being 9-2 is not mediocrity. Being ranked # 9 in both polls is not mediocrity. Being # 8 in the playoff rankings is not mediocrity. The only thing you don't accept is the truth.

Whats good about getting your ass handed to you against Miami? They barely beat Virginia who sucks. Same ole from bk

Once again, you focus solely on the bad. Go ahead---ignore the ass kickings of BC, Michigan St., USC, and NCSU. You can only see the bad side of things.

Ski...even at 50000 ft it was a difficult game to watch! But hell, we limited their scoring to 17 points, and we should have scored every possession. I think the game plan was fine, but Wimbush came out throwing high, and we became one dimensional until the last minute of the first half. Frankly, it’s the one game I hate every year, all downside and almost zero upside.

But the win was essential and now we quickly leave this in the rear view mirror and take our 9-2 into Stanford. Should be a great game and a major challenge, but at least a more traditional style of play better suited to our strengths. They’re running back Love is the best we will see this year and We sure as hell better tackle better than we did today.

I still maintain that If we win 10 in the regular season and win a big six bowl game, this will be a great year for ND football, coming off the 4-8 disaster that was last season. Kelly will deserve the accolades that will come his way, and I think he’ll leave on his own volition after another strong showing next year. That’s my hope at any rate.

Fair enough post, but if BK finishes this year as you say, and we have another great year in 2018.....why would you want him to leave?? Like him personally or not, makes no sense for him to leave under those circumstances.

I do not see anyone worshipping a coach. Kelly, is not going anywhere. He is here until the contract ends period unless another disaster happens. So crabwalker and whomever else can insult people who may appear to support Kelly all they want ., Nothing will change. IF kelly goes 10-2 and wins a new years bowl game, the program has improved. if he is incapable of motivating the team to win this new years 6 game its the same ole same ole and we wait til disaster happens or the admin does not want to renew his contract

No school will fire a 9-2, 10-2 or 10-3 guy. Never happen. Even 9-4 will keep Kelly's job. He is coming back.
exactly. firing a coach with a 9 or 10 win season is idiotic. who would want a job where that is the case ? the last 4 searches brought minimal interest from any well established coaches. imagine the lack of interest if that did happen ?

Fair enough post, but if BK finishes this year as you say, and we have another great year in 2018.....why would you want him to leave?? Like him personally or not, makes no sense for him to leave under those circumstances.
iwish, I could have been more clear. I hope we achieve the level of success this and next year, where Kelly can decide whether he wants then to leave on his own volition. Give me 11-2 and being in the playoff conversation annually and I am a satisfied fan; give me a NC once every decade on top of that and I am a very happy fan.

You went from a solid, fair, logical poster......to someone who is no longer taken seriously on the board. Congrats.

Reactions: Pennick4
iwish, I could have been more clear. I hope we achieve the level of success this and next year, where Kelly can decide whether he wants then to leave on his own volition. Give me 11-2 and being in the playoff conversation annually and I am a satisfied fan; give me a NC once every decade on top of that and I am a very happy fan.

Gotcha, makes total sense - thanks

You went from a solid, fair, logical poster......to someone who is no longer taken seriously on the board. Congrats.
Mike

That’s what sitting through the first half of the Miami game will do to you

If you were there you might not be taken seriously either

That was a shit show. Miami fans were pretty smart. They knew their team was not inflicting or causing ND destruction

We did that on our own complemented by a horrendous game plan

You confuse logic with one pissed off dissapointed fan.

I assure you I am the same handsome logical guy you met at that 2005 game when we were humming shark attack

Mike

That’s what sitting through the first half of the Miami game will do to you

If you were there you might not be taken seriously either

That was a shit show. Miami fans were pretty smart. They knew their team was not inflicting or causing ND destruction

We did that on our own complemented by a horrendous game plan

You confuse logic with one pissed off dissapointed fan.

I assure you I am the same handsome logical guy you met at that 2005 game when we were humming shark attack
Ski...you sounded downright post loss Bodiesque. Here’s my perspective on the last three games that have reignited the fire Kelly bandwagon. We played Wake Forest exceptionally well to take a commanding lead, and then we played prevent like defense to keep everything in front of the defensive backfield, and we got complacent and sloppy, and they shredded us. Some alarm bells went off. We came out aggressive against Miami and Wimbush made some excellent throws and the team was moving the ball until a missed TD opportunity and dropped third down pass stopped us. Then lightening struck with turnovers and momentum moved 100% to Miami and we looked powerless on offense and pathetic on defense. It was a shitstorm that we did not handle as a team or coaches, but these happen to every team on occasion. The problem is these seem to happen way too often when ND is on the big stage with Kelly at the helm. The ND faithful needed and wanted the Navy game to be a feel good game that would put the second half of the WF game and the Miami game behind us, but it didn’t. It was a hard fought close game that we could have lost in the closing minute, and we didn’t dominate like fans desperately wanted. But put into perspective, the defense actually played one hell of a game against the nations number one rushing offense, held them way below their average For points scored, yards rushing, yards per rush, etc... and just about any meaningful metric you can think of. On the other side of the ball, our offense looked sluggish. Wimbush was inconsistent and inaccurate, but our receivers were wide open all game; and once Wimbush settled down and got into rhythm, we moved the ball and scored readily. There was nothing wrong with the game plan, just early execution.
Now, we are on to Stanford; a team on an upward trajectory that is very dangerous if Love plays. They will load the box and dare ND to throw, and Wimbush will need to calm down and be accurate from the outset. We cannot be a one dimensional running offense and expect to win. I hope we pound the shit out of them with a punishing running game with multiple runners seeing action, but we need Wimbush to throw often enough and accurate enough to make them defend the pass. We also need to see Wimbush run on designed plays up the middle and scramble on broken pass plays enough to cause them headaches all night.
Wimbush is absolutely critical to this team’s success, and he has been a huge part of our nine wins, and a huge part of our two losses. Don’t give up on this kid! He has immense talent and an incredible upside. Right now he is pressing and thinking too much instead of trusting the process and allowing his muscle memory to take over. He needs early success against Stanford, and a good win, and then five weeks to rest and then prepare for a major bowl. If that happens, Come January, I expect we’ll all be talking excitedly about what we expect from him next season. But to get there, we need air cover for the Stanford game, and clear skies are forecast for clarity from 50000 ft, and we need a steely eyed squadron commander who has each players back, to lead us. Are you that man? I believe you are!

Reactions: echowaker
Ski...you sounded downright post loss Bodiesque. Here’s my perspective on the last three games that have reignited the fire Kelly bandwagon. We played Wake Forest exceptionally well to take a commanding lead, and then we played prevent like defense to keep everything in front of the defensive backfield, and we got complacent and sloppy, and they shredded us. Some alarm bells went off. We came out aggressive against Miami and Wimbush made some excellent throws and the team was moving the ball until a missed TD opportunity and dropped third down pass stopped us. Then lightening struck with turnovers and momentum moved 100% to Miami and we looked powerless on offense and pathetic on defense. It was a shitstorm that we did not handle as a team or coaches, but these happen to every team on occasion. The problem is these seem to happen way too often when ND is on the big stage with Kelly at the helm. The ND faithful needed and wanted the Navy game to be a feel good game that would put the second half of the WF game and the Miami game behind us, but it didn’t. It was a hard fought close game that we could have lost in the closing minute, and we didn’t dominate like fans desperately wanted. But put into perspective, the defense actually played one hell of a game against the nations number one rushing offense, held them way below their average For points scored, yards rushing, yards per rush, etc... and just about any meaningful metric you can think of. On the other side of the ball, our offense looked sluggish. Wimbush was inconsistent and inaccurate, but our receivers were wide open all game; and once Wimbush settled down and got into rhythm, we moved the ball and scored readily. There was nothing wrong with the game plan, just early execution.
Now, we are on to Stanford; a team on an upward trajectory that is very dangerous if Love plays. They will load the box and dare ND to throw, and Wimbush will need to calm down and be accurate from the outset. We cannot be a one dimensional running offense and expect to win. I hope we pound the shit out of them with a punishing running game with multiple runners seeing action, but we need Wimbush to throw often enough and accurate enough to make them defend the pass. We also need to see Wimbush run on designed plays up the middle and scramble on broken pass plays enough to cause them headaches all night.
Wimbush is absolutely critical to this team’s success, and he has been a huge part of our nine wins, and a huge part of our two losses. Don’t give up on this kid! He has immense talent and an incredible upside. Right now he is pressing and thinking too much instead of trusting the process and allowing his muscle memory to take over. He needs early success against Stanford, and a good win, and then five weeks to rest and then prepare for a major bowl. If that happens, Come January, I expect we’ll all be talking excitedly about what we expect from him next season. But to get there, we need air cover for the Stanford game, and clear skies are forecast for clarity from 50000 ft, and we need a steely eyed squadron commander who has each players back, to lead us. Are you that man? I believe you are!

Best post I’ve read in a long time —. on target on all points

Irish Mike, see this is how I think when I am not freaking out. TelX is my true inner self. He steadies the course. Makes me a better fan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT