ADVERTISEMENT

Ade Ogundeji

Continually, I get more or less enthused about 3 and 4* recruits almost entirely based on their offer list. Highlight films are fun to watch, but provide little in terms of the full body of work. I'll take the judgements of major programs and their staff over any personal observation, whether in person or on film.

Tex -

I had not played tennis for 6 yrs from age 12 -18 after winning a couple local tournaments . Went out w my mom @ 18 and swung and missed my first forehand . Started playing again in summers for two yrs then tried out for college team and got cut . Practiced three hours a day every day and by senior yr was #1 in college playing ahead of five scholarship players went on to compete in statewide tournaments and trained w a couple pros one who beat Arthur Ashe

started playing golf @ 40 yrs old broke 80 in 7 yrs .

I don't judge 17 yr olds on what some frumpy soft reporter has to say about a kid - like you I let professionals decide who is good enough -- work ethic baby !!!! work ethic !!!!

Continually, agree about the importance of what's inside. Just not close enough to judge if someone like Ishaq for example, physically matured and peaked early, or whether he simply lacks the drive to excel. Can't help but be impressed with the physical condition of these young men, knowing the amount of time and work that goes into this. Shows incredible work ethic, and makes the ticker and physical maturity assessment that much harder.
Shooting 80 after seven years and starting at forty is impressive!

Tex -

I had not played tennis for 6 yrs from age 12 -18 after winning a couple local tournaments . Went out w my mom @ 18 and swung and missed my first forehand . Started playing again in summers for two yrs then tried out for college team and got cut . Practiced three hours a day every day and by senior yr was #1 in college playing ahead of five scholarship players went on to compete in statewide tournaments and trained w a couple pros one who beat Arthur Ashe

started playing golf @ 40 yrs old broke 80 in 7 yrs .

I don't judge 17 yr olds on what some frumpy soft reporter has to say about a kid - like you I let professionals decide who is good enough -- work ethic baby !!!! work ethic !!!!
Sure you did. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT