ADVERTISEMENT

actually expected....

The problem is the people who post on site like this are clearly more into ND football than the typical fan--it's almost like everyone has their own radio sports talk show. I think you'll find most people who would post about a missed extra point are actually doing it in the broader context--pointing out that we've missed a few, as well as some fairly easy field goal attempts and pointing out that we have to improve in that particular area.

So, to some, it comes across as unnecessary complaining, but I think in most cases the people making the comments are not meaning it that way--they are just really into ND football.

Yeah, there are some people who would complain about how Brian Kelly brushes his teeth and that gets tiring. Just as those who claim he walks on water can be annoying..

The problem is the people who post on site like this are clearly more into ND football than the typical fan--it's almost like everyone has their own radio sports talk show. I think you'll find most people who would post about a missed extra point are actually doing it in the broader context--pointing out that we've missed a few, as well as some fairly easy field goal attempts and pointing out that we have to improve in that particular area.

So, to some, it comes across as unnecessary complaining, but I think in most cases the people making the comments are not meaning it that way--they are just really into ND football.

Yeah, there are some people who would complain about how Brian Kelly brushes his teeth and that gets tiring. Just as those who claim he walks on water can be annoying..
true, but it seems like regardless of how the game goes some are never happy. me ? i'll take 10 more 3-2 victories.

true, but it seems like regardless of how the game goes some are never happy. me ? i'll take 10 more 3-2 victories.
I would take ten more 2-0 victories. There are people that are seeing a very good thing happening with the dome. One could say the kicking game hasn't been perfect, correct? Regardless the excuse of freshman or not..it hasn't. Some people just dismiss the kicking game like an after thought but you know going forward something like that could lose a tight game.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Just because I have commented on the missed extra point doesn't mean anything more than I made a comment on the missed extra point. That's why we are here. To discuss. I have already heard two post game shows mention the missed extra point. Are they now out of line? Come on. I would not trust a FG or extra point to win the game as it stands right now. Maybe some time in the near or distant future, but not right now. The missed extra point was barely noticeable because of the final score. It won't always be that way. BK has already said in a post game comment last week that Yoon is putting in the work. That needs to translate to being Mr Automatic when it comes to Extra points.

8 for 9 is a good percentage for one game's worth of extra point tries. And I don't see any griping about Tom Hammond either

Someone in another thread mentioned the 'hold' still being an issue. It doesn't seem ND has had a solid holder for a few years. Although, it seems better this year than last year.

The issue yesterday definitely was the hold. On that missed ep Kizer bobbled the snap before placing the ball at the last second. Since it doesn't seem to matter who the holder is over the last couple of years I have to believe we aren't letting the holders practice the hold enough. The unfortunate thing is it would be unlikely and unwise to expect Kizer to put more practice time toward holding now that he is the starting QB and it doesn't make sense to switch holders midstream as that could cause even more problems. All we can do right now is hope that the whole placekicking unit gets better as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT