ADVERTISEMENT

A note for Coach Kelly...

Kelso86

All Star
Sep 3, 2003
I know the NFL has allure for you, but, please look at the college coaches who have attempted to make that jump and see how they have fared (watching the Eagles today, thinking Chip Kelly will be back in College next year!).

Yes, there were a few that did well (Jimmie Johnson, Pete Carroll), but, the list of ones who attempted and failed far exceed the ones who made it.

You belong in college, specifically at ND for awhile.

I know the NFL has allure for you, but, please look at the college coaches who have attempted to make that jump and see how they have fared (watching the Eagles today, thinking Chip Kelly will be back in College next year!).

Yes, there were a few that did well (Jimmie Johnson, Pete Carroll), but, the list of ones who attempted and failed far exceed the ones who made it.

I was actually about to post a very similar thread. You read my mind. I agree completely. I can see the temptation, but it most always is a bad choice. BK is a career college guy. He has developed kids at this level for decades and has thrived. Some disagree with his approach, but none of the people that criticize him have won several national titles and turned around 4 programs at DII and DI levels. BK could not micro manage am NFL team and he would have a Chip Kelly like relationship with NFL players. BK needs to look no further than Chip to see that he belongs in college football. I personally feel that college is a more prestigious job and BK has the best job in America. PAY BK to STAY!!

Are you for real? He ain't getting an NFL whiff....

He was schooled for the first half by umass.... He had a nail-biter versus va....

He lost his mind versus temple. A crappy ga tech team needed another 5 minutes to finish him off.

boston college was a another sh**storm.

I could go on and on, but he is not NFL material by a long shot.

This year his best work was Texas. That was a long time ago.

He needs to bookend that on Saturday.

He's capable of occasionally dialing up gems and we are going to need one.

Do you think NFL owners are looking at the Chip Kelly experiment right now? He would blow bk apart....

Let me help you out:

Here's the purple one's address and phone number. I doubt he reads this site.

Please, let us know his thoughts....

Mailing Address

University of Notre Dame
C113 Joyce Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
(574) 631-6107

Brian Kelly, Head Football Coach 574 631-7475

http://www.und.com/school-bio/coach-directory-07.html#mail

NFL is about leadership and management. The offensive and defensive systems run by all 32 teams are very similar. The talent disparity between the best and worst rosters is not very wide.

Brian Kelly has led the premier franchise in college exceptionally well and has handled the pressure of the job ever better He has been outstanding evaluating and accruing talent. Which is the key element for NFL success.

He is smart as a whip and has been a great ambassador for ND football. His leadership and management skills would make him an ideal and excellent candidate to coach an NFL team. I believe he would be in the Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carroll club as an NFL coach.

Some guys on here want Kelly fired in the first quarter of every game.
I'm not saying this board is tough on Kelly, but against Stanford he has a chance to beat them like a pulp and hang a big number winning by 24 and shutting a lot of people up

It will be nice to see. I am looking forward to a comfortable win

Insert tongue in cheek

NFL is about leadership and management. The offensive and defensive systems run by all 32 teams are very similar. The talent disparity between the best and worst rosters is not very wide.

Brian Kelly has led the premier franchise in college exceptionally well and has handled the pressure of the job ever better He has been outstanding evaluating and accruing talent. Which is the key element for NFL success.

He is smart as a whip and has been a great ambassador for ND football. His leadership and management skills would make him an ideal and excellent candidate to coach an NFL team. I believe he would be in the Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carroll club as an NFL coach.

Paqui, Thanks for the chuckle and Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope coach isn't passed out in the mashed potatoes.

Why wold Kelly give up the perfect job ! He is a good college coach, who is currently having an excellent season
From W / L record ? As others have pointed out on this tread, the record looks better than the team has actually played. About 3/4 of the teams that we played were in the game down to the wire, so Kelly had some Luck of The Irish this season so far.
In short Kelly is a good college coach.If he stays at ND he will leave with a legacy of one of our top 5 coaches.
If he goes to the pros, he will at best be a very average
Coach, or a complete bust ! That is my humble point of view .

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Are you for real? He ain't getting an NFL whiff....

He was schooled for the first half by umass.... He had a nail-biter versus va....

He lost his mind versus temple. A crappy ga tech team needed another 5 minutes to finish him off.

boston college was a another sh**storm.

I could go on and on, but he is not NFL material by a long shot.

This year his best work was Texas. That was a long time ago.

He needs to bookend that on Saturday.

He's capable of occasionally dialing up gems and we are going to need one.

Do you think NFL owners are looking at the Chip Kelly experiment right now? He would blow bk apart....

Let me help you out:

Here's the purple one's address and phone number. I doubt he reads this site.

Please, let us know his thoughts....

Mailing Address

University of Notre Dame
C113 Joyce Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
(574) 631-6107

Brian Kelly, Head Football Coach 574 631-7475

http://www.und.com/school-bio/coach-directory-07.html#mail
Nice to see the board nitwit is back.

Reactions: FLballcoach1
Everyone has their own aspirations and everyone has to take their shot to fail or succeed. Kelly has been pondering the NFL for some time. I don't think the experiences of predessessors matters.
I think for some of the college head coaches that go to the NFL it is a shocker, they discover "in the NFL, everyone gets paid',

With Tom Caughlin retiring is there any doubt that Kelly's name will be floated sround? If not the Jints then some other openning. The rumors are inevitable and unavoidable.

please... I don't want to see Chip Kelly at USC. Can you imagine his system with that kinda talent?!

I would hire Brian Kelly to coach my Giants when Coughlin steps down.

Poor cgvr, what a sad POS to parade around as a ND fan when it is a ND hater. What a pig!

That would be ND alum.....
Dear coach kelly, I know that the cowboys, patriots, giants and all the other nfl teams want to hire you to be head coach. You are the best coach in the whole wide world. Please stay at Notre Dame. Please, pretty please, pretty pretty please...... Your resume is incredible and the best ever in cfb history. The game plan you put together to beat cw post in your division whatever nc run was off the charts. It's too bad there were only 49 people there to see it and most of them were stoned. This year's first half effort vs umass obviously had every nfl owner mesmerized and leaping to hire you. You are the best the best the best.
ND couldn't survive without you.... signed ND's #1 fan!
I really hope he reads this....
There is not an NFL team on the planet that wants this poke. He is lucky to have the ND job and he better dial one up tonight...... fascinating that he says the Texas game was our best this year.... we need another one.

That would be ND alum.....
Dear coach kelly, I know that the cowboys, patriots, giants and all the other nfl teams want to hire you to be head coach. You are the best coach in the whole wide world. Please stay at Notre Dame. Please, pretty please, pretty pretty please...... Your resume is incredible and the best ever in cfb history. The game plan you put together to beat cw post in your division whatever nc run was off the charts. It's too bad there were only 49 people there to see it and most of them were stoned. This year's first half effort vs umass obviously had every nfl owner mesmerized and leaping to hire you. You are the best the best the best.
ND couldn't survive without you.... signed ND's #1 fan!
There is not an NFL team on the planet that wants this poke. He is lucky to have the ND job and he better dial one up tonight...... fascinating that he says the Texas game was our best this year.... we need another one.
I think he is going to get a big extension after this year.

I don't recall anyone coming on this board and calling Brian Kelly the best coach in the world. Or even the best coach in College Football, Making light of what Brian Kelly accomplished at Grand Valley State makes no sense, Jim Tressel won 4 Division 1-AA National Championships at Youngstown State, Bo Ryan the basketball coach at WIsconsin won 4 Division III National Championships at UW-Platteville. ND football board darling Paul Johnson won 2 Division 1-AA National Championships at Georgia Southern,

What does the paid attendance at a Grand Valley State National Championship Game have to do with Brian Kelly or any coaches ability to teach, motivate, organize and lead? Cutting your teeth at lower levels allows great Head Coaches like Brian Kelly to hone their craft, make their mistakes and perfect their program building philosophy,

Unlike like Bob Davie or Charlie Weis who were handed the premiere job in College Football on day 1 and then quickly imploded. In fact the 3 previous Head Coaches at ND were a combined 24 games over .500 with only 2 double digit win seasons in 13 years. Brian Kelly is 55-21 will 2 double digit win seasons in the past 4 years. The double digit wins were accrued in 10 games in 2012 and 11 games in this year, So...the "ND played an extra game theory" holds no water. Brian Kelly's record speaks for itself and Brian Kelly will be the Head Football coach at ND for as long as Brian Kelly pleases.

Opinions to the contrary are just void of logic and reason,

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone coming on this board and calling Brian Kelly the best coach in the world. Or even the best coach in College Football, Making light of what Brian Kelly accomplished at Grand Valley State makes no sense, Jim Tressel won 4 Division 1-AA National Championships at Youngstown State, Bo Ryan the basketball coach at WIsconsin won 4 Division III National Championships at UW-Platteville. ND football board darling Paul Johnson won 2 Division 1-AA National Championships at Georgia Southern,

What does the paid attendance at a Grand Valley State National Championship Game have to do with Brian Kelly or any coaches ability to teach, motivate, organize and lead? Cutting your teeth at lower levels allows great Head Coaches like Brian Kelly to hone their craft, make their mistakes and perfect their program building philosophy,

Unlike like Bob Davie or Charlie Weis who were handed the premiere job in College Football on day 1 and then quickly imploded. In fact the 3 previous Head Coaches at ND were a combined 24 games over .500 with only 2 double digit win seasons in 13 years. Brian Kelly is 55-21 will 2 double digit win seasons in the past 4 years. The double digit wins were accrued in 10 games in 2012 and 11 games in this year, So...the "ND played an extra game theory" holds no water. Brian Kelly's record speaks for itself and Brian Kelly will be the Head Football coach at ND for as long as Brian Kelly pleases.

Opinions to the contrary are just void of logic and reason,

Who said he wouldn't be?

Do you have connections with the management for all 32 NFL teams? If not, then you speak of things you know nothing about, as if they were fact. Why is Brian Kelly lucky to have the ND job? You made a statement but did not back it up with examples.

"he better dial one up tonight..."sounds like a thinly veiled ultimatum. But I could be wrong.

Now, I am not sure why Brian Kelly describing the Texas game, as ND's best game would be considered "fascinating". It was ND's best game. Offense played for 4 quarters, Defense played for 4 quarters, and Special Teams played for 4 quarters. Did not happen again for the remainder of the season. It rarely happens at any level of football. None the less ND was still good enough and well coached enough to end up 10-1. With a shot at the big prize.

Do you have connections with the management for all 32 NFL teams? If not, then you speak of things you know nothing about, as if they were fact. Why is Brian Kelly lucky to have the ND job? You made a statement but did not back it up with examples.

"he better dial one up tonight..."sounds like a thinly veiled ultimatum. But I could be wrong.

Now, I am not sure why Brian Kelly describing the Texas game, as ND's best game would be considered "fascinating". It was ND's best game. Offense played for 4 quarters, Defense played for 4 quarters, and Special Teams played for 4 quarters. Did not happen again for the remainder of the season. It rarely happens at any level of football. None the less ND was still good enough and well coached enough to end up 10-1. With a shot at the big prize.

I know plenty of people in the NFL former/current/players/mgt.... I'll offer my opinion any way I see fit. He is not NFL HC material...period.

kelly's account on Texas mirrored what I have written... it's fascinating that he hasn't been able to do better than game 1 with a whole season of tomato cans....

He better dial one up tonight should have read. He better dial one up Saturday.

or we are out of it....

"sounds like a thinly veiled ultimatum. But I could be wrong." Yeah, you are.... if we don't win the season is toast.

PS I've also said that his best coaching moment this year came in the aftermath of his maniacal Temple tantrum. A week later Wimbush fumbled in the closing minutes vs Pitt. Rather than going the usual vulgar apocalyptic route he chose to look away, remained calm and benched Wimbush.... There's hope... .

He is the board's resident name dropper/ jocksniffer. He doesn't no shit and his opinions back that up.

He is the board's resident name dropper/ jocksniffer. He doesn't no shit and his opinions back that up.

Nah, just giving the sunshine pumpers that regularly embarrass my Alma mater a reality check. PS your nose/head is so far up Kelly's rear end it's comical.
Lastly, the reason I have the friends I do is partly because, unlike you, I don't kiss peoples' butts... you should try it. Let me see you make a a negative comment about Kelly....you are incapable of rational thought. Shall we start with red zone performance? Haha haha nfl teams are lining up for that ongoing disaster....
PS would you like to share a name I dropped? Or, do you prefer to.just admit you are a liar?

I know plenty of people in the NFL former/current/players/mgt.... I'll offer my opinion any way I see fit. He is not NFL HC material...period.

kelly's account on Texas mirrored what I have written... it's fascinating that he hasn't been able to do better than game 1 with a whole season of tomato cans....

He better dial one up tonight should have read. He better dial one up Saturday.

or we are out of it....

"sounds like a thinly veiled ultimatum. But I could be wrong." Yeah, you are.... if we don't win the season is toast.

PS I've also said that his best coaching moment this year came in the aftermath of his maniacal Temple tantrum. A week later Wimbush fumbled in the closing minutes vs Pitt. Rather than going the usual vulgar apocalyptic route he chose to look away, remained calm and benched Wimbush.... There's hope... .

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but not their own set of facts. The fact is a handful of NFL teams will be looking for a new coach and only those NFL teams know if Brian Kelly is a candidate. Not you.

If ND loses Saturday night the season ends 10-2 and ND will play in a significant bowl game. I don't know what "toast" means nor do I care. This season has been tremendous win or lose Saturday.

What qualifications do you own to determine what Brian Kellys best coaching moment has been? Have you ever coached football at any level? Seems to me in a season of 11 games. Removing the back up QB in a blow out win is a really bizarre and uninformed selection as best coaching moment.

After engaging you in two posts I concur with Pennick4. You football acumen is non existent and your posts add no value. Ignore list you go.

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but not their own set of facts. The fact is a handful of NFL teams will be looking for a ne
w coach and only those NFL teams know if Brian Kelly is a candidate. Not you.

If ND loses Saturday night the season ends 10-2 and ND will play in a significant bowl game. I don't know what "toast" means nor do I care. This season has been tremendous win or lose Saturday.

What qualifications do you posses to determine what Brian Kellys best coaching moment would be? Seems to me in a season of 11 games. Removing the back up QB in a blow out win without incident seems like a bizarre selection as best coaching moment?

After engaging you in two posts I concur with Pennick4. You football acumen is non existent and your posts add no value. Youre on ignore.

You are as dumb as a stump. I am entitled to my opinion on Kelly's best coaching moment. Do you have one that trumps it? You sound like Neidermeyer. See you around Doug....

Haven't heard back from you. Your last reply referenced having my penis in your hand. I assumed you were going to begin your oral presentation.
Now now let's.not tell more lies. It mentioned you and argie.

Oh you mean the overall topic about fsu administration covering up the rapes and beatings of women by the football team? That you continue to defend? That's right, you are a sick f*cking piece of garbage that will sit in hell for your support of these thugs and rapists. Remember also these posts on the new board are google searchable. So one day you might be called out in real life regarding your posts supporting your team. You are a CREEP cgmr. It really is the ony word.

Oh you mean the overall topic about fsu administration covering up the rapes and beatings of women by the football team? That you continue to defend? That's right, you are a sick f*cking piece of garbage that will sit in hell for your support of these thugs and rapists. Remember also these posts on the new board are google searchable. So one day you might be called out in real life regarding your posts supporting your team. You are a CREEP cgmr. It really is the ony word.

Show me one defense you numskull. All the posts are here.
I accurately pointed out that ND grad and fellow Long Island native Stan Wilcox is the AD at FSU.

I think you've lost your marbles...again...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT