ADVERTISEMENT

A&M Fans

Holycrossover3

Rockne's Water Boy
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2012
I watched the game in the basement of an Irish Pub in Rome last night (this morning, 1:30am kick). Two A&M alums joined me and were awesome. No chirping, just friendly conversation rooting on our teams.

My ND roommate and my cousin made the trip to college station. Both said the fanbase there was as welcoming to opposing fans as we are at ND.

Add Elko to the mix as being their coach, I’m very content rooting on the Aggies the rest of the year and hoping we return the hospitality in South Bend next season.

Go Irish!

I watched the game in the basement of an Irish Pub in Rome last night (this morning, 1:30am kick). Two A&M alums joined me and were awesome. No chirping, just friendly conversation rooting on our teams.

My ND roommate and my cousin made the trip to college station. Both said the fanbase there was as welcoming to opposing fans as we are at ND.

Add Elko to the mix as being their coach, I’m very content rooting on the Aggies the rest of the year and hoping we return the hospitality in South Bend next season.

Go Irish!
I was at the game last evening, and their fans were fine. Had absolutely no issues with them.

I was at the game last night. I been been to a number of games at Kyle Field. The Aggie fans are loud, but they are pretty reasonable to deal with. Great place to take in a game.
Must have been a fun time. How was the heat index? When the cameras did pan shots of the crowds people didn't appear to be suffering too badly.

Glad to hear TAMU fans were gracious hosts. I have gone to a few games at venues in the south and have found host fans to be generally very pleasant. I went to one game in Knoxville to see ND play Tennessee and found the fans there to be particulary hospitable. Despite being decked out in ND garb my buddies and I were invited by UT fans to share a few pre-game spirits at a number of tail gate parties. I found some good southern BBQ and a mint julep (or two) were a nice way to get into the proper spirit for the game.

Go Irish!
I'm sure ND ticket holders will return the hospitality by selling them their tickets, essentially making it a home game for the Aggies.

I recall the visitors were nice in 2000. The 'Howdy' folk fans generally have a good reputation.

Must have been a fun time. How was the heat index? When the cameras did pan shots of the crowds people didn't appear to be suffering too badly.

Glad to hear TAMU fans were gracious hosts. I have gone to a few games at venues in the south and have found host fans to be generally very pleasant. I went to one game in Knoxville to see ND play Tennessee and found the fans there to be particulary hospitable. Despite being decked out in ND garb my buddies and I were invited by UT fans to share a few pre-game spirits at a number of tail gate parties. I found some good southern BBQ and a mint julep (or two) were a nice way to get into the proper spirit for the game.

It was warm and very, very muggy. But at least it was a night game and the sun was not beating down on you.
Agree with you on Tennessee fans. I have been to Neyland several times, including ND twice in 1999 and 2004. ND won once and lost once. Their fans were great both times. I think Neyland is the loudest place I have ever been

It was warm and very, very muggy. But at least it was a night game and the sun was not beating down on you.
Agree with you on Tennessee fans. I have been to Neyland several times, including ND twice in 1999 and 2004. ND won once and lost once. Their fans were great both times. I think Neyland is the loudest place I have ever been
Yeah, Neyland was crazy loud the game I attended. If it was louder than Kyle Field, that says something. I have never attended an LSU game, but I have heard Tiger Stadium can be quite raucous. And LSU fans have a reputation for being good tail gaters.

Yeah, Neyland was crazy loud the game I attended. If it was louder than Kyle Field, that says something. I have never attended an LSU game, but I have heard Tiger Stadium can be quite raucous. And LSU fans have a reputation for being good tail gaters.
I was at LSU when we played there in 1997. We were up 17-0 at the half, and there was a bit of rain. The place was empty except for ND fans by the start of the fourth quarter. You can't beat tailgating with gumbo.

I was at the A&M game on Saturday. Also was at Georgia in 2019 and Tennessee in 2004. The fans I encountered were all gracious.

I also attended the Sugar Bowl against Florida after the 1991 season. They, however, were some of the worst fans I encountered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT