ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of rumors here in Columbus that McCord

Dec 29, 2005
is eyeing ND and Tennessee as his top destinations.

I’m curious how y’all see him? I watched him a lot this year. He has great arm talent, numbers are very good too. My biggest concern is his penchant to o stare down receivers.

I also prefer a QB that’s mobility presents a greater threat.

We need someone with more mobility for next year(Leonard), after than id prefer a good one to come out of minchey and carr

McCord is a good qb but doesn’t have great talent

Not sure mobility is a key factor.. Sam was actually quite mobile but play calling rarely allowed him to roll out of the pocket. He’s better than Leonard at this point but Leonard has the higher ceiling (don’t count on that being developed) at ND. Only ND could manage to have Hartman take a step backwards. Leonard does seem more like a “ND” kid but that also hasn’t worked out.

Reactions: tbonesays
Not sure mobility is a key factor.. Sam was actually quite mobile but play calling rarely allowed him to roll out of the pocket. He’s better than Leonard at this point but Leonard has the higher ceiling (don’t count on that being developed) at ND. Only ND could manage to have Hartman take a step backwards. Leonard does seem more like a “ND” kid but that also hasn’t worked out.
He played in a slow mesh system. Going to a pro style system and was recruited by Tommy Rees was a huge learning curve

Parker wants a more mobile guy. Leonard fits that mold

Gino is a good QB coach. Leonard is a better fit

He played in a slow mesh system. Going to a pro style system and was recruited by Tommy Rees was a huge learning curve

Parker wants a more mobile guy. Leonard fits that mold

Gino is a good QB coach. Leonard is a better fit
Nobody ran that slow mesh better than Sam Hartman at Wake. It was so good. He would hold it there for a 2 count sometimes and the linebackers had no idea what to do

I have not come across any information that McCord and ND have any mutual interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT