ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting A few notes on fringe five-star LB Jaiden Ausberry

KyleKellyND

Recruiting Reporter
Staff
Mar 4, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
kylemichaelkelly.wixsite.com
I spoke with Andy Martin, the head coach at Baton Rouge (La.) University Laboratory School about 2023 class linebacker Jaiden Ausberry today.

Here are a few notes from our conversation:

• Martin said the energy around the ND football program and the academics have attracted him to Notre Dame. Education is a big part of his recruitment.
• I asked about LSU because his father, Verge Ausberry, works in the athletics department. In addition, Jaiden's high school campus is basically built into LSU's campus. Martin noted that LSU has done a great job recruiting Jaiden, but so have other schools. He mentioned Michigan and Notre Dame directly.
• According to Martin, defensive coordinator Al Golden has "definitely put a priority" on Jaiden. Martin said that Golden has "hit the ground running" on the recruiting trail since joining ND.
• Former Ohio State linebackers coach and ND defensive line coach Al Washington recruited Jaiden to the Buckeyes. Martin said that Washington joining ND strengthened their relationship. It also sounds like it increased his interest in ND.

I'll have more on Jaiden's recruitment in the coming days. He will officially visit Notre Dame from June 10-12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News