ADVERTISEMENT

422 yds Rushing?!!!!? Why are We not Talking about This?!?

Irish Grandeur

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 3, 2010
Holy Cow!!!! ND just rushed 422 yds against Temple and no one is talking about it.

Temple talked ND 'speed', 'power' and 'physicality' and no one is talking about it. C'mon, man, ND could pass every down this week and still average over 200 yds rushing.

It's time to celebrate and high five!

I think its still sinking in.
I was off grid this weekend and didn't see the numbers until today. 6 for 6 in the red-zone, and, over 400 yards rushing - what the **** what just happened?

Both may be a record...is this the start of something special?

I was off grid this weekend and didn't see the numbers until today. 6 for 6 in the red-zone, and, over 400 yards rushing - what the **** what just happened?

Both may be a record...is this the start of something special?

Among other things, we remembered we had TE's on the roster.

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
Because the pseudo internet coaching geniuses are desperately trying to figure out a way to deflect credit away from Brian Kelly

I am sure they are hoping UGA comes in and stones the ND ground game so the can poetically wax their clueless nonsensical football drivel.

Holy Cow!!!! ND just rushed 422 yds against Temple and no one is talking about it.

Temple talked ND 'speed', 'power' and 'physicality' and no one is talking about it. C'mon, man, ND could pass every down this week and still average over 200 yds rushing.

I was talking about it all yesterday. But I think the staticians corrected an error. It is now 426 yards rushing. They accidentally ommitted a Tony Jones 4 yard run when the whole Oline pushed him for 4 yards--they didn't think that was legal.

Still 400'ish yards rushing and no one talking. When you rush for 400 yards then you dominate from start to finish.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Still 400'ish yards rushing and no one talking. When you rush for 400 yards then you dominate from start to finish.

I was all over the 422 yards rushing yesterday.
I called Adams, Jones, Williams, and Wimbush the Four Horseman of the Apacalypse running behind a NFL Oline. I knew about Notre Dames great running game before the season started 14 and 0.. All the passing game has to be is average.

Thought we talked about this extensively after the game and into Sunday. Really, a great offensive display. What was interesting is we did this with a wide variety of sets: four TE, three TE, Two TE, two backs, TE as fullback, three and four wideouts, and several snaps under center. Very unpredictable and loved the focus on running to the right in the second half to show we are not a one side pony.

Thought we talked about this extensively after the game and into Sunday. Really, a great offensive display. What was interesting is we did this with a wide variety of sets: four TE, three TE, Two TE, two backs, TE as fullback, three and four wideouts, and several snaps under center. Very unpredictable and loved the focus on running to the right in the second half to show we are not a one side pony.

Telx, I love the new OC. Running game has priority and that includes all those short passes that pound for 5 or 6 yards like runs. We will probably do a little more passing (play action) against Georgia to keep them honest. I think we blow Georgia out.

Guess I missed the threads. I went camping all weekend and had no signal whatsoever. Drove into town on Sunday and saw the score - wow! Then, read the box score yesterday and got a tear in my eye when I saw the rushing yardage.

Beat Georgia. Each week, move on to the next. That was the 2012 attitude and I like it. Maybe we rush for 65 yds vs Georgia but throw for 412, or we rush for 256 and throw for 202...whatever puts us in a position to win the next week.

Telx, I love the new OC. Running game has priority and that includes all those short passes that pound for 5 or 6 yards like runs. We will probably do a little more passing (play action) against Georgia to keep them honest. I think we blow Georgia out.

Anythings possible for UGA (see Ole Miss last year), but we face these type offenses every year. UK, Mizzou run some of that. Auburn definitely lives off of it. GA Tech runs nothing but option. It is tougher to defend, but UGA has done it before. Its the big O-line where Notre Dame has an advantage. UGA has a stout defense. I don't see a blow out. The spread is where it is for a reason. This will probably be a pretty close game.

Two things....

No one talking about our rushing because it was against Temple. Everyone rushes for a ton of yards versus Temple. We rush for 400 yards vs. Georgia and you'll hear about it for weeks.

Like that we used the TE's a lot. However - how disappointing was Mack's performance Saturday? All the hype, all the talk, the name change, the comeback etc etc...he dropped at least three passes that hit him in the hands.
Time to show something on the field.

Two things....

No one talking about our rushing because it was against Temple. Everyone rushes for a ton of yards versus Temple. We rush for 400 yards vs. Georgia and you'll hear about it for weeks.

Like that we used the TE's a lot. However - how disappointing was Mack's performance Saturday? All the hype, all the talk, the name change, the comeback etc etc...he dropped at least three passes that hit him in the hands.
Time to show something on the field.
Ummm...Temple was a top 25 rush defense the last 2 seasons. While I also agree we will know more against a team like UGA, not "everyone" rushes for a ton of yards on Temple. Quite the contrary.

Bodi, it was great to see the offense committed to their strength, even though Temple stacked the box. Not sure what to make of the extent of our success with this. Temple has excelled in defense the past two seasons, and they lost many starters, but returned a front seven with a lot of experience. I'll be interested to see how Temple plays this week as a partial measure of our performance.
I do think we held back a lot of our offense, other than the incredible variety of sets we used, and that won't be the case against Georgia. I think this is a game where Jones pass catching out of the backfield will be on display, and expect to see Mack finally show his stuff.

Because the pseudo internet coaching geniuses are desperately trying to figure out a way to deflect credit away from Brian Kelly

I am sure they are hoping UGA comes in and stones the ND ground game so the can poetically wax their clueless nonsensical football drivel.
Who are "they"?

I seen Kelly get tons of credit. Mostly about letting his coaches coach the plan the coaching staff put together.

Last edited:
I was all over the 422 yards rushing yesterday.
I called Adams, Jones, Williams, and Wimbush the Four Horseman of the Apacalypse running behind a NFL Oline. I knew about Notre Dames great running game before the season started 14 and 0.. All the passing game has to be is average.
You were definitely high on Adams from the beginning.

Ummm...Temple was a top 25 rush defense the last 2 seasons. While I also agree we will know more against a team like UGA, not "everyone" rushes for a ton of yards on Temple. Quite the contrary.
Temple was a lot of things the last two seasons. But this is 2017.

- Lost a couple good defensive players to the draft
- Lost their coach

No reason to think they won't return to the place they've been for decades - the bottom. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'll admit it. However, Matt Rhule was the difference maker for that program, and he's gone now. I foresee a return to mediocrity for them. Saturday was a giant push in that direction.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT