ADVERTISEMENT

4* DT Aidan Keanaaina Commits

His final 3 were ND, OSU & Florida.

He had a few interesting quotes as to why he chose ND.

Now ND needs to lock up Millls & McGregor, which would give them a solid 4 DL before the season even starts & allow them to concentrate on 1 or 2 big fish.

Interesting note is how much ND’s DL recruiting has improved under Elston.
There was a stat that (I’m trying to remember it) ND hadn’t recruited four 4 Star DL in a class since like 2002. The ‘19 class has four or five (depending on who you use). And the ‘20 class could also bring in four. And the returning group of Hayes, Okwara, Kareem, MTA, Hinish, Ademilola twins, Franklin, isn’t too shabby.

Games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage. You need outstanding skill players also. But you show a team that wins the battle in the trenches and that will be the team that usually wins the game.

Interesting note is how much ND’s DL recruiting has improved under Elston.
There was a stat that (I’m trying to remember it) ND hadn’t recruited four 4 Star DL in a class since like 2002. The ‘19 class has four or five (depending on who you use). And the ‘20 class could also bring in four. And the returning group of Hayes, Okwara, Kareem, MTA, Hinish, Ademilola twins, Franklin, isn’t too shabby.
Elston is a stud. Good thing that his family and he love ND.. He was denied the DC job and instead of sulking, he became an even better coach and recruiter. Has he ever interviewed for a HC job? He'd be on my short list for a low to mid level HC job

Live in Denver and Mullen's team wasn't very good, but no questioning this kid's offer list or upside.

Always put more weight on a prospect's composite rating than their offer lists (everybody offers everybody these days).
Always take 1-2 inches off of a player's listed height (these are always over reported by recruits)
This recruit is about what you would expect from a Brian Kelly lead ND program (solid albeit unspectacular 3/4 star prospect). Add him to the list of projects along the DL and cross your fingers he provides some 2 deep production at some point.

Always put more weight on a prospect's composite rating than their offer lists (everybody offers everybody these days).
Always take 1-2 inches off of a player's listed height (these are always over reported by recruits)
This recruit is about what you would expect from a Brian Kelly lead ND program (solid albeit unspectacular 3/4 star prospect). Add him to the list of projects along the DL and cross your fingers he provides some 2 deep production at some point.

Somebody needs a nap.

Somebody needs a nap.

If he chose OSU Chase would be complaining that ND can’t beat OSU head to head...

BK did something last year in DL recruiting Chase’s hero (Weis) never did, which was sign at least four 4 Star DL in a class.

Also, notice how offers don’t matter to Chase when they don’t fit his narrative? OSU wanted this kid badly. ND beat them for him. In fact, Tony Alford was OSU’s recruiter for him (according to him in his interview today).

Also, his trainer (and former NFL DL) said he is a legit 6’3 & 300 LBs now.

Chase is just a whiny baby who changes his arguments to push his agenda.

He thinks 3 Stars such but Book is the best player on ND... LOL

If he was from Pineapple Junction , Mississippi Chase would have wood in his pants.

Don’t understand negativity here?

I’ll take as many 4* natural 300lb body types as they can get for this position.

Getting a couple of these guys each year should be mandatory.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Don’t understand negativity here?

I’ll take as many 4* natural 300lb body types as they can get for this position.

Getting a couple of these guys each year should be mandatory.

Exactly.

ND is doing a very nice job along the DL since Elston took over.

Reactions: Kelso86
Yawn.

I strongly believe BK is grooming Coach Elston for the HC job at ND once he decides to retire, just as Ara did Tom Pagna decades ago. I got a hunch that Elston would do a great job at ND. He understands the culture at ND and has dealt with the administration closely over the past six or seven years. It would make a very interesting hire.

Solid analysis there, buddy. I really love how you took a deep dive into his film and didn't say anything generic so people can prove you wrong.

You're embarrassing yourself.

OSU didn’t have their ACE recruiter (Alford) on this guy because they were “mildly” interested. UF doesn’t go out of their region, let alone state, for a DT prospect often either. This kid is a major pickup.

I strongly believe BK is grooming Coach Elston for the HC job at ND once he decides to retire, just as Ara did Tom Pagna decades ago. I got a hunch that Elston would do a great job at ND. He understands the culture at ND and has dealt with the administration closely over the past six or seven years. It would make a very interesting hire.

Agee with you. Good point

I said this in a thread forever ago, and everyone said no way, that it was crazy to think he would be even considered

The crowd around here isn't always right you know. Mike Elston has worked under BK ever since Central Michigan. He has proven himself to be an excellent coach, football savvy, dependable, leader, developer of talent, relates well with recruits, players, fellow coaches, and administration. He gets ND and loves the university. He has said on numerous occasions that he really enjoys working for Coach Kelly. I don't believe he leaves ND until BK retires and isn't hired by the next coach. I personally believe that he'll take the next step and become a head coach. It all depends on the new hire. We'll have to wait and see. Wherever he goes, that is one lucky school or pro team. I normally want a proven coach for ND but Elston is a different bird. JMO

Reactions: BGI User 1596
horse still dead. i will take any staffs assessment of a player over any recruiting sites all day long.

Reactions: Ara64 and jcswoopnh
i'll take a player any day that has offers like him and who our coaches have as a top of the board player. getting Mills and Mcgregor would be a great d-line haul for our irish

I see AK as the 1T and Rylie Mills, who I've read will likely commit to ND at some point will be the 3T. That would be an awesome DT haul. McGregor would be a nice pick up, and would likely play Strong side end. ND would still need to add a legit drop d-end, but I don't know that they're in the mix for any talented ones at the moment. Dude from Germany is going to take at least 2-3 years before being able to play at a high level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT