ADVERTISEMENT

250 million lawsuit against washington post for covington boy

Pick your battles with those police brutality examples Ivan. Most of those were justifiable. Or were you trying to destroy your own argument?

Police brutality does exist (no doubts), but not near the level we’ve been led to believe. It’s also not as racial as we’re led to believe either.

Last edited:
Dude they are letting Petterman, Bortles and whoever is starting for 49ers/Redskins after they lost their starters. He opted out because in 16 the 49ers benched him for Gabbert and then brought in Hoyer because they didn't want to commit to him being a starter. I don't think he would have been able to legally proven collusion and I don't think he would be a top 15 QB in the league but he is better then at least a few of the starters in the league.
Certainly not after sitting out these last few years.

Reactions: rgc7
Pick your battles with those police brutality examples Ivan. Most of those were justifiable. Or were you trying to destroy your own argument.

Police brutality does exist (no doubts), but not near the level we’ve been led to believe. It’s also not as racial as we’re led to believe either.
I think there is discrimination in police brutality. Stupid people are much more likely to be victims of police brutality. I say we all take up for the oppressed and marginalized stupid people of the world!

Nuisance case funded by the right in order to keep this non story in the news for as long as possible.

How often do you suppose FoxNews is wrong about something? You know why they don't get sued? Because the news media being wrong is not illegal.
You need to take a little Journalism Law class. There things called slander and libel that hold news outlets accountable and when one provides false statements that defame/damage a persons character then you have a potential case. If they were to report facts then you are essentially in the clear but reporting false news isn't a crime in itself unless it damages a persons reputation.

He has a pretty good case. He is not a public figure so the standard is negligence. Wa. Post and CNN go after anyone who supports Trump, just like Fox goes after AOC and Pelosi. The problem is these kids got caught up in the WaPost CNN agenda, and the stories of the event were akin to the coverage of Ben Richards in the Running Man. The moral equivalency defenses that Fox does it too, or there are greater evils in the world, don’t right this wrong. These lawyers are very good, they have a strong case, and the are in Kentucky. I have spent a lot of time in that Court, and they will get Judge Bertelsman or Bunning, both are serious customers, smart and fair. Likely media defendants will lose if it tries, but more likely it will settle and plaintiff will get paid. Hopefully, that will result in more responsible “journalism” on all sides.

He has a pretty good case. He is not a public figure so the standard is negligence. Wa. Post and CNN go after anyone who supports Trump, just like Fox goes after AOC and Pelosi. The problem is these kids got caught up in the WaPost CNN agenda, and the stories of the event were akin to the coverage of Ben Richards in the Running Man. The moral equivalency defenses that Fox does it too, or there are greater evils in the world, don’t right this wrong. These lawyers are very good, they have a strong case, and the are in Kentucky. I have spent a lot of time in that Court, and they will get Judge Bertelsman or Bunning, both are serious customers, smart and fair. Likely media defendants will lose if it tries, but more likely it will settle and plaintiff will get paid. Hopefully, that will result in more responsible “journalism” on all sides.
rumor is that they ae going after all the MSM that edited the video to serve their agenda. So I doubt they will settle. They want all the MSM that was in this cesspool to be publicly branded in court as liars and dishonest and corrupt.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
does anyone think the lawyers for the boy standing in front of the native American indian with the drum have a chance winning against the post. i'm all for this and hope the boy and his family get justice for what the post and several Hollywood celebs wrote and said about him and his classmates
I'm for him too but what does any of this have to with ND football?

DIP,

I believe that the owners care about their fan base, if they didn’t you wouldn’t see some players cut for off field activities.

But I do agree that pursuit of the championship is paramount.

If it was determined that Kaepernick could lead a team to the championship he would have been signed.

Let’s not forget, he opted out of his contract !
You are probably right

rumor is that they ae going after all the MSM that edited the video to serve their agenda. So I doubt they will settle. They want all the MSM that was in this cesspool to be publicly branded in court as liars and dishonest and corrupt.

Good luck with that.

does anyone think the lawyers for the boy standing in front of the native American indian with the drum have a chance winning against the post. i'm all for this and hope the boy and his family get justice for what the post and several Hollywood celebs wrote and said about him and his classmates

The indian fellow claimed they were saying build a wall and the evidence shows they did not, He lied about it also he lied about being a vietnam vet

Reactions: rgc7 and Pennick4
when these leftist POS's like @ivan brunetti wait until the truth comes out before believing the Hoaxes then we can have true dialog. The problem is every time a story comes out where some one says it was white men wearing MAGA hats like Jussie Smollett or Covington Catholic or Nazi inspired crime where swastikas were painted on the wall. turns out it was the persons who reported the crime because she hated trump. it goes on and on. The media not necessarily Foxnews promotes this garbage before its investigated. (CNN, MSNBC old national news outlets promote it) But that leftist POS only wants it to be true. these things are promoted by the left and its friend the media but never retracted after the evidence comes in they just go to the next fake event. The useful idiots of the left. i hope these teenagers put a financial dent in the news organizations just like Richard Jewel and the Duke Lacrosse team

The indian fellow claimed they were saying build a wall and the evidence shows they did not, He lied about it also he lied about being a vietnam vet

They don't have evidence of what everyone said at the rally.

And lying about being a Viet Nam vet doesn't enter into the incident. Both he and the kids had a right to do what they did. People can find him &/or the kids to be obnoxious, but that is not illegal.

Reactions: 8th Man

He has a great attorney and will own that liberal fake news rag. They are the first.... more coming.

when these leftist POS's like @ivan brunetti wait until the truth comes out before believing the Hoaxes then we can have true dialog. The problem is every time a story comes out where some one says it was white men wearing MAGA hats like Jussie Smollett or Covington Catholic or Nazi inspired crime where swastikas were painted on the wall. turns out it was the persons who reported the crime because she hated trump. it goes on and on. The media not necessarily Foxnews promotes this garbage before its investigated. (CNN, MSNBC old national news outlets promote it) But that leftist POS only wants it to be true. these things are promoted by the left and its friend the media but never retracted after the evidence comes in they just go to the next fake event. The useful idiots of the left. i hope these teenagers put a financial dent in the news organizations just like Richard Jewel and the Duke Lacrosse team

https://mashable.com/article/fox-news-mistakes-in-2018/#WBw5J.3sLsqP

I don't know, but I would guess less often than Fox.

Something tells me you did not graduate from Notre Dame.
lets see- how many lefty news organization there are vs Fox? Only a MORON like you would try and claim any kind of equivalency.

Oh, I forgot, liberals are allowed to lie and cheat and do whatever because you approve of their agenda.

lets see- how many lefty news organization there are vs Fox? Only a MORON like you would try and claim any kind of equivalency.

Oh, I forgot, liberals are allowed to lie and cheat and do whatever because you approve of their agenda.

Wrong. Liberals and conservatives are not allowed to lie or cheat. If they are caught, there are repercussions. At least to their reputations.

But the press has many constitutional protections making it difficult to win defamation suits. That is why you don't see FoxNews or the NYTimes routinely losing lawsuits when they get something wrong.

You think the Left is the only side of this that is jumping to conclusions before investigating?

news stories narratives are mostly slanted towards the left.

From 2017, so it may have changed a bit.

main-qimg-93368d94a91f369f6f295fc705e67c73

news stories narratives are mostly slanted towards the left.
Given that there's one major news outlet than leans right, and at least 5 or 6 times that that lean left, it makes sense that the majority of news story narratives slant to the left. It's kind of a math thing.

From 2017, so it may have changed a bit.

main-qimg-93368d94a91f369f6f295fc705e67c73

The web can be an equalizer however, Tv media and news orgs like AP are left of center. even at fox you have conservatives but you also have slanted left of center people there also. ABC, CBS, PBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN are all left wing period. no objectivity. Even with the web Google sensors to the left in search engines as does Bing. Twitter, Facebook etc sensor conservatives as hate speech. So do not give me this BS chart to justify your opinion.

The web can be an equalizer however, Tv media and news orgs like AP are left of center. even at fox you have conservatives but you also have slanted left of center people there also. ABC, CBS, PBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN are all left wing period. no objectivity. Even with the web Google sensors to the left in search engines as does Bing. Twitter, Facebook etc sensor conservatives as hate speech. So do not give me this BS chart to justify your opinion.

Ha. Thanks, but I will take the chart over your bullshit opinion.

When your world view is so far right that the entire world looks left wing, you are the problem.

Given that there's one major news outlet than leans right, and at least 5 or 6 times that that lean left, it makes sense that the majority of news story narratives slant to the left. It's kind of a math thing.

yes it is a numbers game however, even the open web censors conservatives by search engine and social media. They will ban conservatives

it is not a opinion it is fact. you live in the liberal world of safe spaces and fake narratives. go to your safe space

It is true that I do feel safe in my home. Doesn't seem like it was too difficult an accomplishment. I am not sure why you feel afraid, but I wish you well.

Try not linking posts from 8 chan.
you can always spot a lib due to their inability to recognize reality. Or at least a reality that they do not like,

Your pathetic attempt to try and claim that the MSM is not overwhelmingly slanted left is almost amusing.

But the good news is that more and more people realize this; which is why the MSM has a smaller and smaller share of the market; and the lefties on the internet like those that run Google and Facebook are beginning to see that their little run as unmonitored and un regulated left wing shills is coming to an end.

Enjoy yourself little man; your time is ending.

Reactions: rgc7 and zonairish
you can always spot a lib due to their inability to recognize reality. Or at least a reality that they do not like,

Your pathetic attempt to try and claim that the MSM is not overwhelmingly slanted left is almost amusing.

But the good news is that more and more people realize this; which is why the MSM has a smaller and smaller share of the market; and the lefties on the internet like those that run Google and Facebook are beginning to see that their little run as unmonitored and un regulated left wing shills is coming to an end.

Enjoy yourself little man; your time is ending.

Ha. Your celebrating a prediction of further government regulation of business as a win for the conservatives is just... perfect.

We agree! Government needs to regulate businesses! Hurrah!

Nuisance case funded by the right in order to keep this non story in the news for as long as possible.

How often do you suppose FoxNews is wrong about something? You know why they don't get sued? Because the news media being wrong is not illegal.
If you are going to post - even if it’s your opinion. — try to be informed. This kid will win this case easily. The left media are out of control. Fox has its agenda but Fox does not ever defame or falsely accuse That’s fact. Not bs like you want to believe

If you are going to post - even if it’s your opinion. — try to be informed. This kid will win this case easily. The left media are out of control. Fox has its agenda but Fox does not ever defame or falsely accuse That’s fact. Not bs like you want to believe

Well, we will see if he wins the case.

And Fox defames pretty much every night.

According to this, if a person reads both The Economist and The Guardian (two British publications), they will be well informed.
only someone like you would take that garbage seriously- the Guardian is probably the equivalent of the NY Post only more left slanted.
The Economist once upon a time was respected; now its like the NYT - a rag that makes the National Enquier look respectable

only someone like you would take that garbage seriously- the Guardian is probably the equivalent of the NY Post only more left slanted.
The Economist once upon a time was respected; now its like the NYT - a rag that makes the National Enquier look respectable

Try using less hyperbole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT