ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 2026 TE prospect Sam Hamilton talks Notre Dame camp, tight end legacy

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I caught up with Notre Dame 2026 tight end prospect Sam Hamilton on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound tight end participated in Notre Dame's Evaluation Camp III last Thursday.

He wasn't quite as impressive as his Cincinnati (Ohio) Moeller teammate and 2026 tight end Cooper McCutchan, but Hamilton flashed enough promise to project as one of the tight ends the Irish might have their eyes on in the 2026 recruiting class.

After camping at Kentucky, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, Hamilton said his experience at Notre Dame stuck out from the rest.

"Notre Dame was one of my favorite camps I went to this year," Hamilton told Inside ND Sports. "I think because of their background of tight ends and their tradition there. I think Notre Dame would be a great school to go to."

Hamilton liked his time under offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Gerad Parker and said it was easy to see how much passion he has for coaching and sharpening little details. He also received some direct advice from head coach Marcus Freeman.

"When we got there, he took us and told us to keep our heads right and be a football player," Hamilton said. "He told some of the guys, 'You guys are coming out here for scholarships, maybe some of you are coming out here just to get better. Evaluate yourself, play your best, keep your head up and never get down on yourself,' I think he's the definition of a really great football coach."

Heading into his sophomore season, Hamilton reports one offer from Kentucky. He's also receiving interest from Notre Dame, Tennessee and Wisconsin. He knows Wisconsin head coach Luke Fickell from his Cincinnati tenure and said he really likes what he's building with the Badgers.

Rivals has not assigned ratings or rankings for any prospects in the 2026 recruiting class yet.

Hamilton is projected to have a bigger role for Moeller this season and could see more offers roll in with a productive year.

Link to full story;

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News