ADVERTISEMENT

2023 ND Transfer Portals now

Dec 29, 2005
I was curious, so I looked up the stats for the 15 or so guys that left ND this past season.

There is always some angst over certain guys leaving but from a one week sample, none of them did much of anything minus Rico Flores Jr. 3 catches - 102 yards - 1 TD. I believe most of us here thought he was the biggest loss of them all. He had a promising freshman year and looked like a guy with a lot of potential.

The only other guys I could find with stats were Holden Staes (2 catches/13 yards), and Osafo-Mensah (1 tackle). Several of them didn’t start nor getting any meaningful playing time.

I know the transfer portal is much different now than a few years ago but it seems that most transfers simply weren’t good enough to play at ND. Very few previous ND transfers ever did much after jumping ship.

I just thought it was interesting and worth sharing.

Like Lou said.....

"The Transfer Portal is a change of address for your problems"​

While a lot of times, the reaction of a ND guy transferring is a disappointment. Very seldom does that guy go on to become an All-American first round draft pick. The guys that stay at ND or transfer into ND are usually better than the guys that left. I wish the transfers well, but I doubt we'll miss them.

Didn't see Prince Kollie on the field for Vanderbilt in their big win over VaTech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT