ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Irish Lacrosse...

Hofman19

Future coach
Oct 27, 2007
I know everyone is fully into football mode...

But just wanted to take a moment to congratulate the two members of the Irish athletics family that were pivotal in helping the Unite States to their ninth straight U20/U21 Junior World Lacrosse crown...

*Patrick Kavanagh--- The second member of his family to celebrate an age-group World crown (older brother, Matt, was the MVP of the 2012 tourney), the stud in the #4 jersey missed three games due to injury....But when he was in the line-up, he was every bit the catalyst/quarterback that is true of his reputation....Registering 15 total points (6 goals, 9 assists) in just four outings, Kav went for 2 +2 on Saturday, including icing the "w" when he buried an empty net tally in the last 1:45 of regulation to restore the USA's two-goal advantage (was 11-10 prior to his heroics)!

*Liam Entenmann (Chaminade)---Entering the title game boasting an incredible save percentage of 72.2% (26 saves on 36 SOG), the cage-minder was not the best version of himself in the finals (allowed 10 goals on 15 shot attempts)...But he was good when he needed to be, making a pair of clutch 4th quarter saves to preserve the victory!!!...All in all, he went 5-0 between the pipes, stopping 31 of 51 opposing opportunities (60.8%)....In recognition of overall breadth of his outings, he was selected as the Most Valuable Goaltender of the tourney!

Congrats to those guys! I am actually a ND LAX fan since Iowa does not field a team. My son plays D3, played a tournament down at ND years ago, that campus is amazing!

I know it is still WAY TOO EARLY....

But after yesterday's disappointment on the gridiron; I figured a little good news might be welcomed...

Lax team just received a verbal from the #1 overall prospect in the 2024 class!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT