ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Fiesta Bowl:Notre Dame vs Oklahoma State-Must win game.

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
ND has to win this game, has to, of all their major bowl opponents since their last win in the 1994 Cotton Bowl v. Texas A&M. OK state is the most winnable. Coach Freeman needs to start 1-0.

1995 Fiesta Bowl: 41-24 loss to Colorado
1996 Orange Bowl: 31-26 loss vs. Florida State.
2001 Fiesta Bowl: 41-9 loss vs. Oregon State.
2006 Fiesta Bowl: 34-20 loss vs. Ohio State.
2007 Sugar Bowl: 41-14 loss vs. LSU.
2013 BCS National Championship: 42-14 loss vs. Alabama.
2016 Fiesta Bowl: 44-28 loss vs. Ohio State.
2018 Cotton Bowl/CFP Semifinal: 30-3 loss vs. Clemson.
2021 Rose Bowl: 31-14 loss vs. No. 1 Alabama
2022 Fiesta Bowl: ? Oklahoma State

Last edited:
a good game, intersectional! should be a fan fun game!

OSU a very solid team. Best defense Gundy has had in years and experienced seniors galore. Sanders can be very good but sometimes sloppy. Warren an excellent running back. Thought their WR's would not be as spectacular as the usual group but they played very well. Best OSU team since 2011 when they would up No. 3. Should be a good game.

I get where you are coming from … maybe not a must win but would go a long way to launching Freeman into the offseason and then a bright lights debut in Columbus to kickoff the Freeman era for real.

the story of Marcus Freeman will be written in his first 2 seasons and a win or loss in this game will become irrelevant in less than a year but boy would it make the offseason feel good.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieHard_Irish
ND fans should be feeling pretty damed great! A new start with a promising new Head Coach and he gets to start his tenure in an intersectional matchup that will be a great game. A great smooth transition.

Reactions: BM16
Playing Pitt would have been easier. This is a dangerous team. We can win, but it will be a fight.

Well I guess now we get to decide who was more deserving for that 4th playoff spot,

On the field where it belongs....

Reactions: Hbmike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT