ADVERTISEMENT

2020 football signee landen Bartleson arraested

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
KY football player and irish signee Branden Bartleson arrested along with two other kids for breaking into a store according to multiple sites. hate seeing this for any kid but even more fore this kid because we could have used his speed at CB. the kid won't even have a chance to go anywhere now and play football after doing something like this

KY football player and irish signee Branden Bartleson arrested along with two other kids for breaking into a store according to multiple sites. hate seeing this for any kid but even more fore this kid because we could have used his speed at CB. the kid won't even have a chance to go anywhere now and play football after doing something like this

He didn’t just break into a store, they stole assault rifles, which is a serious felony.

Holy smokes. Hope his side is defensible and he should defend himself in court but it looks like he may have thrown his life away in one act. Unreal. Hope he works it out somehow for his own good.

It's only a charge at this point he'll have a chance to clear his name. Nobody knows the details of the case and what his actual involvement was. Knowing ND though, just a charge will be enough to revoke his scholarship.

If he is guilty/did do this how stupid do you gotta be ? You got a full ride to one of the top universities in the country worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and you decide to break into a store and steal rifles?

Kids work their entire lives for that opportunity it's a really unfortunate.

Of course he will.... he will be SEC bound!

If you’re gonna take a chance on a thug, can he at least be a stud?

in a stolen car, burglarizing a gun store and stealing assault rifles? That’s YEARS if convicted

Last edited:
He stole assault rifles? Did he break into an armory? I haven't read the story but who said assault rifles? The police or a reporter? Just because a long gun looks military and menacing doesn't make it an assault rifle. I'm wondering who said the kids stole assault rifles. Let this play out before we all judge and condemn.

Reactions: dagimpper1
He stole assault rifles? Did he break into an armory? I haven't read the story but who said assault rifles? The police or a reporter? Just because a long gun looks military and menacing doesn't make it an assault rifle. I'm wondering who said the kids stole assault rifles. Let this play out before we all judge and condemn.

well, it might help him play defense!

Who cares?

Hes gone. Move on. Charged with burglary and the car theft is gonna happen too. He will never play at ND

Reactions: Classic Irish
2232319c-c6ef-416a-88f7-62e8e7c31cc0

Looks more like he will be wearing orange rather than garnet and gold

well you know the media; basically ignorant and proud of it. They call anything except a clear handgun or shotgun an assault rifle.

But it really does not matter. IF he stole a 22 its still a major felony and that is aside from the other charges.

Its hard to see how there can be any real defense here. Probably was with some 'homies' and thought (?) it would be fun to do. Amazing how stupid kids can be. Too bad; baring a miracle his life is over.

any weapon used for a threatening purposes is my idea of an assault weapon!

Sounds like shopping in a different aisle.
Mark my words....someone will put this information in their holster to use at a later date after a big bowl trouncing. They'll say something like Brian Kelly tried bringing in the material but they can't keep out of trouble. Then they'll say the best one...besides I'd rather have the highest graduation rate of all the teams.

Reactions: ohio1980
Knowing ND though, just a charge will be enough to revoke his scholarship.
Oh my dear lord yes. Matter of fact they just went through ancestry to make sure none of his kin, 4th cousin twice removed be damned or not, never slip through the cracks of admissions

Reactions: ohio1980
Few people take the time to understand anything anymore ...

The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun.

The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun.
the whole assault rifle BS is strictly media and anti gun driven.

What?! This can't be...not a Notre Dame commit. We only recruit players that make perfection a priority!

Maybe making him go to Yale for a year will do him some good.

Reactions: amazingreis
What?! This can't be...not a Notre Dame commit. We only recruit players that make perfection a priority!

Maybe making him go to Yale for a year will do him some good.
Exactly! We can’t compete with the top programs because we’re only able to recruit a certain type of person.

Reactions: chitown sot

This is wrong.

We (the United States Military) carry semi-automatic rifles. They fire 3 round bursts or one round. They are assault rifles. The fully automatic you are talking about was the A1 model & hasn’t been issued in 30 years.
It doesn’t have to be fully automatic to be an assault rifle.

Ummm.
They have the guns & the charges have already been filed. One of the guns as an AK. They robbed a gun store that is licensed to sell all types of guns.
You can read the charges & see the confiscated weapons.
ND has reviewed the case & spoken with the family & his scholarship has been pulled.

Here is the arrest photo & confiscated weapons.
Landen+Bartleson1.jpg

Last edited:
Time to flip a recruit? Can’t imagine there are many good uncommitted recruits out there.

Something tells me that this isn’t his first bad decision !

Ummm.
They have the guns & the charges have already been filed. One of the guns as an AK. They robbed a gun store that is licensed to sell all types of guns.
You can read the charges & see the confiscated weapons.
ND has reviewed the case & spoken with the family & his scholarship has been pulled.

Here is the arrest photo & confiscated weapons.
Landen+Bartleson1.jpg
His scholarship has been pulled. Seems like he made his 40 year decision. What a dirty rotten shame. One being an AK should make no difference. The ATF will decide if this AK theft is any more serious than stealing a few shot guns.

Reactions: TAN1973
Between him and Aiden Atkinson (NW recruit arrested for sexual misconduct) some prison yard is really going to know how to pitch and catch it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT