ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Early Heisman Contenders

yep and that's the point. some guys come out of nowhere.
His entire team made a huge jump as well. Which is something I don't think is getting enough attention when we evaluate quarterbacks.
They brought in a new offensive coordinator who incorporated a much better scheme. Their talented group of skill players all became one year older. Joe burrow improved immensely.

I think it's the combination of all of these things that lead to Joe burrows story in 2019

I think a lot of people are sitting around waiting for Notre Dame to just develop a great quarterback but I don't think that's going to happen until Notre Dame gets a better system, better coaches, better talent on offense, etc.

He could be right in the mix. That being said- some offensive skill guys have to emerge.

Chase and Kmet- 2 absolute freaks of nature gone. That’s gonna hurt. No other way to spin it.

Reactions: Pennick4
His entire team made a huge jump as well. Which is something I don't think is getting enough attention when we evaluate quarterbacks.
They brought in a new offensive coordinator who incorporated a much better scheme. Their talented group of skill players all became one year older. Joe burrow improved immensely.

I think it's the combination of all of these things that lead to Joe burrows story in 2019

I think a lot of people are sitting around waiting for Notre Dame to just develop a great quarterback but I don't think that's going to happen until Notre Dame gets a better system, better coaches, better talent on offense, etc.
That last sentence says it all, everyone keeps acting like if Phil was starting we’d suddenly start winning big games. Unfortunately that’s not how it works, Kelly hasn’t done that his entire career no matter the QB, he’s also struggled at developing the QB position. That’s not going to change based on whether or not the backup got more throws in garbage time of the Michigan blowout.

In fact, Book has actually developed better than any QB in Kelly’s tenure so I seriously doubt that Phil would’ve been better, probably worse.

will be ranked close or in the top ten..... will more than likely get 10+ wins..... will more than likely put up good/great numbers..... of course he should be in these ridiculous pre-season heisman articles.

The same author had Book in number 14 slot for 2019, and Burrow not even listed in his top 16.

finding the best fit (matching talent with team) is so very important.

hahahaha... what? I'd imagine you could say the same for every contender?

but those guys have 2-4 intra conference foes that are top teams.
JB faced several, JF and tL also did so..

ND faced 2 teams that were ‘good’.

but those guys have 2-4 intra conference foes that are top teams.
JB faced several, JF and tL also did so..

ND faced 2 teams that were ‘good’.
Ya.. and ND will face Clemson next year... its just not 'intra conference.'

Is anyone else going to address the bizarre statement made by this author that Book was going to transfer? This is bugging me.

Is anyone else going to address the bizarre statement made by this author that Book was going to transfer? This is bugging me.
There was some question whether he would exercise his option to grad transfer. At one point I know Ian to OU was a hot take given their recent success with transfers.

Is this the same QB that ranks 81 versus the power 5 conferences. Lame article being Book will not even sniff an NFL roster.
I like what USC is assembling in californa

ND has the schedule with quality opponents(WISCY, USC, Clemson) for Heisman moments. But if The Camping World Bowl was any indication this team might have a balanced attack (witch it should) I’ll take 12-0 with IB 30/10 TD’s passing and 8 rushing. But not going to get a Heisman.

mid fields accounts for 50 TD’s with single digit turnovers again, it’s his.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT