10/12 - USC
10/26 - at Michigan
11/02 - Virginia Tech
11/09 - at Duke
11/16 - Navy
11/23 - Boston College
11/30 - at Stanford

https://irishsportsdaily.com/notre-dame-football/schedule/2019

Barring Georgia, we should be favorites in every game. We can't lose a 'close' game to Georgia, win out and hope to reach the playoffs - not happening after last night.

My mind says 11-1 (with a loss at Georgia). Heart says 12-0 and another playoff appearance.

12-0 with a berth in the Weedeater Jim Dandy Poulon Astro Bluebonnet Bowl. All because no one in the committee wants ND to make themselves look foolish again. The Irish are relegated to purgatory until further notice.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
They aren't leaving 12-0 ND out with a win at Georgia. That game is essentially a Quater Final Playoff Game for us.

I don't know about that. Lot depends on what the other key programs are doing. I think ND has lost credibility within the committee. Who now is going to stick their neck out for ND to be in when more reliable options are on the table? It's our own damn fault. Big stage proved to be too much for the program. It's not about going undefeated anymore, it's how you go undefeated. People will start to look more closely at games like Ball State, Vandy, Pitt, USC. It's just my opinion.

12-0 with a berth in the Weedeater Jim Dandy Poulon Astro Bluebonnet Bowl. All because no one in the committee wants ND to make themselves look foolish again. The Irish are relegated to purgatory until further notice.

vs UCF.

And you are basing this on beating one team.....?
I'm afraid 2012/2018 might bare more weight than you might think
Not bearing it on one team, UGA will be ranked in the top 3 when you play them, you would also beat a probable top 10 Michigan on the road, an up and coming UVA, a better USC and potentially ranked BC.

If we go 12-0 we're in. Also, based on this logic, shouldn't OU be barred from the playoffs too at this point? They're 0-3 in semifinals now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT