ADVERTISEMENT

11 and 2 ! New Years bowl win ! The Irish will rise !

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Let us beat Duke first ! After every victory I will give you a new revelation ! Right now the revelation I give to you is that the Irish stink from top to bottom ! From the popcorn vender to the President of the University ! But there is hope ! The Irish are stockpiled with talent ! Enough for the Irish to overcome the piss poor coaching of BVG even! I would not be surprised if Brian Kelly starts coaching the defense himself relegating BVG to figure head status ! Notre Dame 52 to 0 over Duke !!

Well Bodi, it better start with Duke. This is a team where one game at a time has special meaning. No one can be taken for granted.

Well Bodi, it better start with Duke. This is a team where one game at a time has special meaning. No one can be taken for granted.

This is a young team, Telx. At times they were blowing out Texas and Michigan State ! Very talented with a great QB (Kizer). This young team can gain great confidence with a good rebound win vs Duke. And then we will go from there ! One game at a time !

Reactions: Telx1 and Ara64
Bodi I wish that I could double like you're post. You know Coach Kelly started out as a linebacker coach and then DC before becoming head coach. It's all hands on deck and freshmen are playing everywhere. Thank God that Coach Elston has taken over as recruiting coordinator. His first two classes were filled with players ready for prime time. They just need playing time to gain experience. Young players are going to make mistakes,

I like Deven Studstill a lot. He is what we were hoping Max Redffield would be his freshmen year. It was a blessing in disguise that we have Devin starting and Max gone.

This is a young team, Telx. At times they were blowing out Texas and Michigan State ! Very talented with a great QB (Kizer). This young team can gain great confidence with a good rebound win vs Duke. And then we will go from there ! One game at a time !
The youth excuse would have some merit except the defense is in year 3 of embarrassing the University and the young men forced to play in it. After 3 years of terrible play any effort to try and explain it is just an excuse and not a reason.

The fact that Kelly didn't fire or demote BVG after MSU is depressing. At this point I want the pain over, I'm hoping for as many losses as possible to force the administrations hands.

These kids deserve far better than they are getting and to subject them to another year is unfair, IMO.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
The youth excuse would have some merit except the defense is in year 3 of embarrassing the University and the young men forced to play in it. After 3 years of terrible play any effort to try and explain it is just an excuse and not a reason.

The fact that Kelly didn't fire or demote BVG after MSU is depressing. At this point I want the pain over, I'm hoping for as many losses as possible to force the administrations hands.

These kids deserve far better than they are getting and to subject them to another year is unfair, IMO.
A good elixir to take away the pain is some Dark and Stormy Rum Punch!

Reactions: Java65
Let us beat Duke first ! After every victory I will give you a new revelation ! Right now the revelation I give to you is that the Irish stink from top to bottom ! From the popcorn vender to the President of the University ! But there is hope ! The Irish are stockpiled with talent ! Enough for the Irish to overcome the piss poor coaching of BVG even! I would not be surprised if Brian Kelly starts coaching the defense himself relegating BVG to figure head status ! Notre Dame 52 to 0 over Duke !!

God bless your enthusiasm. Hope the team catches it.

images

I don't buy the youth excuse. Especially when it gets down to fundamentals like tackling. There is obviously plenty of room for improvement and little time to get it done. I agree we are at the point where we need to take it a game at a time and improve every week. Still it is vital that this team toughens up by October 15th or they risk a physical domination worse than we witnessed last Saturday night.

Reactions: Bodizephax
When you've played every true freshmen but the QB, LS, and offensive linemen, plus a handful of redshirt freshman and several sophomores; I don't see how one could ignore the youth angle on this team.
We have been hearing excuses for years. When do we start seeing results and not hearing excuses. Also, in year 7 if you don't have anybody but Fr than that's the coaches fault failing to recruit players in previous years.

So if people want to grant the staff some leniency because of youth I'll accept that as long as they will admit they were utter failure in recruiting. You can't have it both ways.

I've posted before but will again. ND ties BK's hands behind his back compared to top programs and that's OK because we like that status. Lets compare Louisville to ND. Most would say they are impressive and top 5. They have 99 players on the roster. They just landed this year the #1 JUCO running back, Lineman and many other JUCO players. Where ND has to develop players, AL, OSU, Louisville just reload with Juoc's. Lets say that BK says man, we didn't expect to lose 10 to the NFL....nor 3 to expulsion....I need 1 lineman, one TE, 3 CB's and one CAT linebacker....he goes nationwide and gets them. How different would we look? Well, IMO we would look like AL, OSU or L'ville. Its just different. We will have a championship run every 2-3 years under BK but we do not reload here.

I've posted before but will again. ND ties BK's hands behind his back compared to top programs and that's OK because we like that status. Lets compare Louisville to ND. Most would say they are impressive and top 5. They have 99 players on the roster. They just landed this year the #1 JUCO running back, Lineman and many other JUCO players. Where ND has to develop players, AL, OSU, Louisville just reload with Juoc's. Lets say that BK says man, we didn't expect to lose 10 to the NFL....nor 3 to expulsion....I need 1 lineman, one TE, 3 CB's and one CAT linebacker....he goes nationwide and gets them. How different would we look? Well, IMO we would look like AL, OSU or L'ville. Its just different. We will have a championship run every 2-3 years under BK but we do not reload here.
Well unfortunately

Unfortunately, Stanford has more stringent control on their program and they seem to be top 10.

Who is going to win the Heisman?

When you've played every true freshmen but the QB, LS, and offensive linemen, plus a handful of redshirt freshman and several sophomores; I don't see how one could ignore the youth angle on this team.

Uh okay, Mr Potato Head can't plan a roster....

PS He deliberately handicaps himself depth wise by having a defensive scheme that takes 2 years to understand. He's the dumbest HC in D1 easily...

The kids deserve better than Irish fans that want them to lose as many games as possible.

The kids deserve better than Irish fans that want them to lose as many games as possible.
Better they suffer for one season than 2 or 3 more under this staff.

None of it would matter if the administration would make even a minimal commitment to football. As I have pointed out there has never been another ND coach in the history of the program that has lasted this long and done as little. There was a time ND actually cared about it's football program and Kelly would have not made it past 5 years.

Better they suffer for one season than 2 or 3 more under this staff.

None of it would matter if the administration would make even a minimal commitment to football. As I have pointed out there has never been another ND coach in the history of the program that has lasted this long and done as little. There was a time ND actually cared about it's football program and Kelly would have not made it past 5 years.

I feel your pain. You are a frustrated Irish fan. But I think ND will suffer more than one season if Kelly gets canned (loss of recruits). I think it would be a good thing if BVG got fired, though.

Reactions: zonairish
Thank you, Bodi! I've been waiting for you to come around. I line our chances to be 4-2 heading into the Stanford game. Then we beat Stanford and really make our move.

You know what? The OP could be right. The ND kids fight hard and I have NEVER seen them quit. That speaks well for Kelly. IF ND relieves it the DC of his duties and Kelly starts letting others speak to play calling, ND could win out. I can practically assure a win over SC and there is no reason ND could not beat Stanford if it gets to work on the defense.
It seems like a strange thing to say, but it could well be true.

Bodi I wish that I could double like you're post. You know Coach Kelly started out as a linebacker coach and then DC before becoming head coach. It's all hands on deck and freshmen are playing everywhere. Thank God that Coach Elston has taken over as recruiting coordinator. His first two classes were filled with players ready for prime time. They just need playing time to gain experience. Young players are going to make mistakes,

They have an article on the front page of this site today. It will happen ! Kelly is taking over the defense !

Reactions: zonairish

For someone who seemingly has defensive qualifications in regards to teaching it seems to have fallen short since he's got to the University of Cincinnati

Why hasn't he taking control of the defensive coaches responsibilities during the games when things are falling apart much like coach Holtz would do regardless of all the problem was?

I've posted before but will again. ND ties BK's hands behind his back........

Not an excuse coach Kelly understood this when he took the job.

Stanford seems to have the blueprint that will accommodate Notre Dame's restrictions

Last edited:

Isn't that what coach Weis was going through 2007?

It wasn't an excuse then why is it now?

DIP you just won "dumbest post of the year" with that one. Lol.
You really think this team is going 3 and 9 like the 2007 team?
Coach Kelly has recruited himself into having to use the youth.

Coach Weis was dealing with coach Willinghams lack of recruiting.

No I do not believe this team is going to go 9-3 but you cannot use the having to use the youth card as an excuse

No I do not believe this team is going to go 9-3 but you cannot use the having to use the youth card as an excuse

The name Weis is what distracted me. I thought he was forever banished.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

Butler, Kinlaw, Redfield have something to do with BK having to play young guys. So does Tranquil getting injured.

Well unfortunately

Unfortunately, Stanford has more stringent control on their program and they seem to be top 10.

I agree and that is my exact point.

When was the last time Stanford won a National title or the last time they played for the National Title?

I think Stanford is very much like the IRISH. They have a great team in the top ten and then they have to develop players like ND. Great respect for them. Shaw is a very good coach.

I agree and that is my exact point.

When was the last time Stanford won a National title or the last time they played for the National Title?

I think Stanford is very much like the IRISH. They have a great team in the top ten and then they have to develop players like ND. Great respect for them. Shaw is a very good coach.
Yes they are a fine program and probably deserved a shot last year over MSU in the playoff.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT