ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire and contribution

I don't buy into having played QB, as a leg up for Zaire. You could use that argument with a safety converting to QB. A well coached football player knows what his opponent is trying to do.

I don't deny that the defense is piss poor. But do we really want to take our #2 QB, who is one play away from starting on a defense that is said to be more difficult to learn than Mandrian and takes 3 years to learn?

As for leadership, I don't see how placing Zaire on defense would help with that. He wasn't elected as a captain. And from his sideline demeanor on Sunday, I didn't see leadership or even much support. I saw a guy who was livid that he was not playing, but biting his tongue, which is understandable.

Now I don't mean to say that Zaire couldn't be a good safety. But I can't possibly see a scenario where it's wise to convert him to safety now and expect success.
It's wise to convert him if you've written off his chance as the #1 guy..which should be the case. ...and you recognize he is a very good football player...and lastly you have good options in place such as Wimbush.

If no wimbush then you couldn't risk him playing defense.

What I seen on the sidelines was #1 ABC having no ****ing class needing to show a very embarrassed, distraught, hurting Zaire. Still an amateur athlete mind you...that wasn't good TV...that was ridiculous.

But I seen a guy looking a bit miffed and I'd be willing to bet he wants to contribute more in any way than holding a clipboard.

Whether or not it happens OK..but make no mistake our defense is terrible now if it's a consideration our secondary only stands to improve.

20 When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve. 21 And while they were eating, he said, “I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me.” 22 They were very sad and began to say to him one after the other, “Surely not I, Lord?” 23 Jesus replied, “The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” 25 Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, “Surely not I, Rabbi?” Jesus answered, “Yes, it is you.”
Only one problem with using metaphors - they need to be accurate. Judas betrayed and never said publically his dissatisfaction with Jesus. There is honesty when one speaks the truth for all to hear and disagree with. Kelly stunk up all facets of the Texas game Maybe he can do better this week WE Hope so

Reactions: Bodizephax
Only one problem with using metaphors - they need to be accurate. Judas betrayed and never said publically his dissatisfaction with Jesus. There is honesty when one speaks the truth for all to hear and disagree with. Kelly stunk up all facets of the Texas game Maybe he can do better this week WE Hope so

I was just joking. You are a GREAT ND fan. I hope the Irish win the rest of the way so there will be peace in the valley.

I was just joking. You are a GREAT ND fan. I hope the Irish win the rest of the way so there will be peace in the valley.
I am just upset at Kelly and BVG Kelly always seems to have one major game screw up every season Lets hope that was it BVG on the other hand We have great talent If we fix the D and the O line play like they should, we run the table

It's wise to convert him if you've written off his chance as the #1 guy..which should be the case. ...and you recognize he is a very good football player...and lastly you have good options in place such as Wimbush.

If no wimbush then you couldn't risk him playing defense.

What I seen on the sidelines was #1 ABC having no ****ing class needing to show a very embarrassed, distraught, hurting Zaire. Still an amateur athlete mind you...that wasn't good TV...that was ridiculous.

But I seen a guy looking a bit miffed and I'd be willing to bet he wants to contribute more in any way than holding a clipboard.

Whether or not it happens OK..but make no mistake our defense is terrible now if it's a consideration our secondary only stands to improve.
Well one of my reasons for wanting to keep Zaire on offense is so that Wimbush can redshirt. It's tough, because Wimbush is potentially better than Kizer and Zaire and is supposed to have the better arm. With Kizer having 3 years of elgibitiy and Wimbush as well, you're left wondering when is Wimbush going to get his shot? Given that Kizer is likely going to be the full time starter going forward(please Kelly don't screw this up and go back to the 2 QB system), I'm hoping that Wimbush perserves a year, Kizer is the starter this year and the next and foregoes his 5th year in 2018, giving Wimbush 2 years of being the starter(senior and 5th year) in 2018 and 2019.

If Zaire wants to come back to ND next year, then I'm all for him playing safety. However, I doubt Zaire will be at ND next season.

Well one of my reasons for wanting to keep Zaire on offense is so that Wimbush can redshirt. It's tough, because Wimbush is potentially better than Kizer and Zaire and is supposed to have the better arm. With Kizer having 3 years of elgibitiy and Wimbush as well, you're left wondering when is Wimbush going to get his shot? Given that Kizer is likely going to be the full time starter going forward(please Kelly don't screw this up and go back to the 2 QB system), I'm hoping that Wimbush perserves a year, Kizer is the starter this year and the next and foregoes his 5th year in 2018, giving Wimbush 2 years of being the starter(senior and 5th year) in 2018 and 2019.

If Zaire wants to come back to ND next year, then I'm all for him playing safety. However, I doubt Zaire will be at ND next season.
I said after last year this is a problem. Everyone was like its a good problem but this is not. Too much good talent at the qb spot is a good problem but not when there isn't enough spacing between them. This is a complete log jam. The problem is Kizer. He was to be the fill in between Zaire and wimbush. The problem is he is playing tremendous or perhaps far exceeding his early expectations. So now this is Kizers gig until he bails. If he opts to stay put until graduation we'll never see wimbush because he won't wait that long.

Truth be told I don't care who takes snaps, just win baby❕

I said after last year this is a problem. Everyone was like its a good problem but this is not. Too much good talent at the qb spot is a good problem but not when there isn't enough spacing between them. This is a complete log jam. The problem is Kizer. He was to be the fill in between Zaire and wimbush. The problem is he is playing tremendous or perhaps far exceeding his early expectations. So now this is Kizers gig until he bails. If he opts to stay put until graduation we'll never see wimbush because he won't wait that long.

Truth be told I don't care who takes snaps, just win baby❕

well if Kizer continues to play as we have seen and Wim transfers, ND will have the better QB starting.
And unless a total team/staff/season drives PJ out of his commitment, the beat will continue and ND can continue to win/lose game 44-42!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT