TE: Kevin Bauman
OL: Zak Zinter
OL: Jimmy Christ
DT: Rylie Mills
NG Aidan Keanaaina
DE: Alex Ehrensberger
LB: Cody Simon
CB: Landen Bartleson

What say you about that potential start?

QB: Drew Pyne
RB: Chris Tyree
WR: Jordan Johnson
TE: Michael Mayer
NG Aidan Keanaaina

Is this your dream class or is it based on candidates with genuine interest in ND?

NG Aidan Keanaaina

It’s a great start. As long as we don’t fizzle down the stretch, this could be an absolute great class.

Reactions: Kelso86
It’s a great start. As long as we don’t fizzle down the stretch, this could be an absolute great class.

That group is probably mentioned because those could all be ND commits over the next month. There are 4-5 other guys who ND probably leads for who won’t be committing soon.

My thoughts exactly. It's a really solid, highly realistic start. I might even say it's "probable"... That said, the difference in this class being a "par for the course" 12-15 ranked class and a class that moves the needles, is how ND does with with some other top guys they are in on.

Core pieces...

OT: Jimmy Christ
OG: Zak Zinter
DE: Deontae Craig
NG: Aidan Keanaaina
CB: Elijah Gaines

Needle movers...

WR: Jalen McMillan
WR: AJ Henning
OT: Tosh Baker
DE: Braiden Mcgregor
DROP: Jordan Botelho
CB: Jalen Kimber
CB: Clark Phillips
S: Lathan Ransom

Luxury additions...

RB: Tirek Murohy
RB: Kyke Edwards
WR: Michael Redding III
OG: Peter Skoronski
DROP: Mitchell Melton
DE: Cam Large
DE: Ben Yurosek

My thoughts exactly. It's a really solid, highly realistic start. I might even say it's "probable"... That said, the difference in this class being a "par for the course" 12-15 ranked class and a class that moves the needles, is how ND does with with some other top guys they are in on.

Core pieces...

OG: Zak Zinter
DE: Deontae Craig
CB: Elijah Gaines

Needle movers...

WR: Jalen McMillan
WR: AJ Henning
DE: Braiden Mcgregor
DROP: Jordan Botelho
CB: Jalen Kimber

Luxury additions...

RB: Tirek Murohy
RB: Kyke Edwards
WR: Michael Redding III
DROP: Mitchell Melton
DE: Cam Large
DE: Ben Yurosek

The funny thing about that list is the guy ND probably has the least amount of chance with was the one they identified & offered before anybody, McGregor.

Who's the best pass rusher of that group? Or would that just need to be filled by nana or isiah?

That would be our best class in long long time. I expect Aidan is going to move up considerably in his senior year.

Really hope staff surprises and gets Kimber. And throw in Eric Shaw.

Who's the best pass rusher of that group? Or would that just need to be filled by nana or isiah?

That would be our best class in long long time. I expect Aidan is going to move up considerably in his senior year.

I'd be pumped with

RB: Tirek Murphy
WR: Michael Redding
Slot: AJ Henning
OG: Zack Zinter
Drop: Jordan Botelho
SDE: Alex Ehrensberger
3T: Rylie Mills
ILB: Cody Simon
CB: Elijah Gaines or Landon Bartleson

As if always the case, there will be 3-4 guys that aren't on the list right now that ND becomes serious players for down the stretch. If they're winning a lot of games, those guys tend to be highly ranked, difference makers, they're poaching from other teams. If they are a 8-4 or 9-3 type of team, they tend to be lower ranked project types that they start recruiting when some of the names I have listed above choose to go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Jordan Botelho playing drop and Rylie Mills pass rushing on the interior are probably the two best of that group. That said, they'll need guys like Osafo-Mensah, Foskey and Liufau to get after the quarterback.

Jordan Botelho playing drop and Rylie Mills pass rushing on the interior are probably the two best of that group. That said, they'll need guys like Osafo-Mensah, Foskey and Liufau to get after the quarterback.

Sounds like Lacey is doing well too up the middle.

I'd be pumped with

As if always the case, there will be 3-4 guys that aren't on the list right now that ND becomes serious players for down the stretch. If they're winning a lot of games, those guys tend to be highly ranked, difference makers, they're poaching from other teams. If they are a 8-4 or 9-3 type of team, they tend to be lower ranked project types that they start recruiting when some of the names I have listed above choose to go elsewhere.
This was my list with the exception of Henning.Also feel good about Kimber CB.Still think McGregor is a possibility. I know Michigan and others will use negative recruiting against ND though.

one would think that this should be a top 5 recruiting class in feb if our irish have another solid season on the field this fall

I'd be pumped with

If they managed to pull those 8 skill players on offense it would be the best class I can remember at qb, wr, te and rb in one shot.

Any news on recruits this weekend?

Botelho loved his visit. He left with ND his leader, but he has 4 official visits to go. Watch for Washington in that recruitment. He'll visit some SEC schools and likely Stanford as well.

There weren't many 2020 visitors this weekend. Last weekend was the bigger visit weekend. Lots of spring games yesterday. Recruits were all over the place.

Thanks IIO and thanks for the analysis on the game.

Watching Tiger make a comeback for the ages was fun.

Thanks IIO and thanks for the analysis on the game.

Watching Tiger make a comeback for the ages was fun.

Agreed. Was cheering my ass off for him. Don't like some of the choices he's made in his life, but I deeply respect the struggle and refusal to give up on himself, to get back to this point.

Most people would have packed it in. I always cheer for vindication, even if it's from oneself.

Reactions: Kelso86
NG Aidan Keanaaina

My thoughts? Man I wish the Christ kids first name was Jesus. That'd be something! When ND puts names on the jerseys for a bowl game can his please be J. Christ

Reactions: amazingreis
Yes, and I want to enjoy it but I'm reading Tyree is starting to lean Okla.

Awesome get for the Irish, though. Polian strikes again!

Yes, and I want to enjoy it but I'm reading Tyree is starting to lean Okla.

Awesome get for the Irish, though. Polian strikes again!

I don’t think people on here understand how big of a get this is.
He is a borderline 5 Star by two recruiting services. Top 3 LB in the country.
Was supposed to be a UW lock.
Wanted to commit on his visit but ND told him no more OV’s, that he had to be sure, & he decided he was 100% sure.
This kid is a MONSTER.
He has aggression for days. Strong, athletic, fast, & can play multiple positions.
Love this get.

I don’t think people on here understand how big of a get this is.
He is a borderline 5 Star by two recruiting services. Top 3 LB in the country.
Was supposed to be a UW lock.
Wanted to commit on his visit but ND told him no more OV’s, that he had to be sure, & he decided he was 100% sure.
This kid is a MONSTER.
He has aggression for days. Strong, athletic, fast, & can play multiple positions.
Love this get.

Does ND have a rule with recruits that if they want to commit they have to shut down their recruitment?

I can't remember the last time one of NDs commits were taking visits/still involved in the recruiting process.

I'm with you Farley! Great great get -- like how Elston had tape ready to show him his role... 2020 is looking like a special recruiting year. Our last two Jordan and Bothelo will be top 50 guys by this time next year. 247 has B right outside the top 100.

I'm with you Farley! Great great get -- like how Elston had tape ready to show him his role... 2020 is looking like a special recruiting year. Our last two Jordan and Bothelo will be top 50 guys by this time next year. 247 has B right outside the top 100.

They actually have him 34th overall on their rankings.
Interesting enough the reason he is around 100 Composite & not a 5 Star Composite is he is unranked by Rivals...(crazy).

After adding Botehlo I'm very excited about a potential defensive line haul of Keanaaina, Ehensenberger, Botelho, Mills, and McGregor. That would be an amazing group. From what I've read Mills will very likely be Irish at some point. McGregor is a toss up, but ND definitely in the mix.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT