ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Watts

jcswoopnh

ND Expert
Sep 7, 2017
X is moving to rover and will be seeing some snaps on Saturday. I find it a little surprising as ND just lost Keys. No doubt about the linebacker depth has also taken a hit

X is moving to rover and will be seeing some snaps on Saturday. I find it a little surprising as ND just lost Keys. No doubt about the linebacker depth has also taken a hit
I have never heard of a receiver moving to linebacker.

He played in high school. We need the depth and it will get him on the field.

Im not sure how this is going to work with his size and all. Hopefully he is a quick learner.

Smacks of desperation. Apparently didn’t recruit well at that spot.

Hey you never know. This might turn out to be a home run. Especially on passing downs. But I’m still puzzled on why a safety wasn’t moved.

Hey you never know. This might turn out to be a home run. Especially on passing downs. But I’m still puzzled on why a safety wasn’t moved.
I think because they only trust 3 safeties …. I expect watts to be only a special package player we still have two rovers before him … I think watts is a safety unless the can hold at least 215 of good weight

Love watts on D, excited to see how it plays out but I don’t think he’s a full time rover by any means …. Only took coaches 2 years to catch up

my consulting fee is going up $$

Two different bodies … I think watts is a safety
Jo weighed around 230LBS versus 190Lbs for Watts. I did not see this coming for a second especially after Keys leaving and ND loses three senior starters at wide out? WR is wide open next year, of course, tou can make the same arguement for safety/rover.
I hope Kollie can get up to speed in a hurry or ND is looking at a very small but fast second level.

Jo weighed around 230LBS versus 190Lbs for Watts. I did not see this coming for a second especially after Keys leaving and ND loses three senior starters at wide out? WR is wide open next year, of course, tou can make the same arguement for safety/rover.
I hope Kollie can get up to speed in a hurry or ND is looking at a very small but fast second level.
He was 210-215 when he played WR. How about Demetrius Jones? QB—WR—LB

He was 210-215 when he played WR. How about Demetrius Jones? QB—WR—LB
John Pergine who played on the 66 NC team also went from QB to LB. He's also ND's all-time leading LB interceptor with 9 picks.

John Pergine who played on the 66 NC team also went from QB to LB. He's also ND's all-time leading LB interceptor with 9 picks.
I heard Ara recruited lots of HS QBs usually knowing each was simply the best athlete on the team.

The fact is the slot is not a position of focus this year in the offense.

The best skill players are the te1, wr1, rb 1, rb 2, and wr 2. If the goal is to get the ball into the best players hands that's not going to leave a lot of targets to whoever is in the slot. That's why the keys loss isn't that big of a deal this year. If Watts was looking at slot snaps in a backup capacity he's athletic ability is much more important on defense.

Reactions: IrishMike409
The fact is the slot is not a position of focus this year in the offense.

The best skill players are the te1, wr1, rb 1, rb 2, and wr 2. If the goal is to get the ball into the best players hands that's not going to leave a lot of targets to whoever is in the slot. That's why the keys loss isn't that big of a deal this year. If Watts was looking at slot snaps in a backup capacity he's athletic ability is much more important on defense.
Love this. Makes good sense.

They were going to move a corner or a WR. You need speed at rover. Pryor can play LB as well.

This is looking like 2015. Be down 15 players by years end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT