ADVERTISEMENT

WOW. Most of the defense has another year of Eligibility

Can’t Wagner be the LT?

Schrauth will want to be in the mix as well. Rocco of course will be back. Coogan back. Jagusah will potentially emerge. Tosh Baker potentially back. Zeke maybe back too. We’ve all heard that Craig has taken steps forward.

Wow……lots of options. I’d anticipate we see some transfers.

Any thoughts on what the OL will look like when we play @ A&M?
It's too hard to guess right now because Fisher/Zeke could end up staying out leaving.

There's a chance we have 4 starters returning or 2.

If Zeke leaves, Coogan could be the starting center.

So many possibilities it's hard to guess right now

Reactions: IrishMike409
Can’t Wagner be the LT?

Schrauth will want to be in the mix as well. Rocco of course will be back. Coogan back. Jagusah will potentially emerge. Tosh Baker potentially back. Zeke maybe back too. We’ve all heard that Craig has taken steps forward.

To me best five play..period.

I don't think schrauth will be ready for lt next year at tackle and that his future is guard.

I think going into spring it's likely the plan on something like..

Fisher, coogan/schrauth battle, Craig(if Zeke doesn't return), Spindler/Pendleton battle, Wagner/jagusah battle.

My personal thought is baker will transfer. He can start somewhere, I just don't see him beating out the athletes under him at this stage. If they go fisher and he does comes back as backup lt, then it may solidify that position to let others battle it out. I'd just be surprised if he accepts that role.

Rt is gonna be a fight though. No matter what.

If coogan moves to center that opens up another guard spot for challenge.

It's gonna be a fun spring.

To me best five play..period.

I don't think schrauth will be ready for lt next year at tackle and that his future is guard.

I think going into spring it's likely the plan on something like..

Fisher, coogan/schrauth battle, Craig(if Zeke doesn't return), Spindler/Pendleton battle, Wagner/jagusah battle.

My personal thought is baker will transfer. He can start somewhere, I just don't see him beating out the athletes under him at this stage. If they go fisher and he does comes back as backup lt, then it may solidify that position to let others battle it out. I'd just be surprised if he accepts that role.

Rt is gonna be a fight though. No matter what.

If coogan moves to center that opens up another guard spot for challenge.

It's gonna be a fun spring.
Wow. Pendleton and Craig are that good? Ready to start as true sophomores?

Cam Hart isn't going undrafted. He's really good. You guys are missing out on a really good football player of you are missing his season
Julian Love was a 4th round pick, Brandon Joseph (AA) Undrafted. Wouldn’t be shocked if he goes undrafted, and if he does get drafted- looking at 5-7.

100% he would need a big jump this spring..I think in an ideal world hed be lt and jagusah would be rt .. I'm just not sure they will go that route.

The idea of jagusah and Spindler on the right is pretty enticing from a physicality perspectiv
OL competition f
It's too hard to guess right now because Fisher/Zeke could end up staying out leaving.

There's a chance we have 4 starters returning or 2.

If Zeke leaves, Coogan could be the starting center.

So many possibilities it's hard to guess right now
Cam Hart isn't going undrafted. He's really good. You guys are missing out on a really good football player of you are missing his season
Thought he had star written all over him a couple years ago. Combination of Morrison emerging as a legit shut down corner and Cam having a pretty pedestrian season last year playing through a bum shoulder took the spotlight off him this season. But it should be on him because he’s playing at an exceptional level and fulfilling the promise he showed as a sophomore. His age and injury history might make a few teams shy, but I think he’ll be off the board before the fifth round. Hell, my pathetic Raiders might draft him in the first round given their penchant for drafting guys a couple rounds prematurely.

That would be a shock with his film and tangibles
The issue is he doesn't get thrown at often...at all...so his film is actually quite limited. He's going to have to show a major improvement in ball tracking skills while being less grabby to move up.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
The issue is he doesn't get thrown at often...at all...so his film is actually quite limited. He's going to have to show a major improvement in ball tracking skills while being less grabby to move up.
Nope. That's great film. The scouts and coaches have the all 22 film and they see he is locking down his side of the field. That is extremely valuable

That's great film.

His lack of ball skills is the r3ason he wont be picked in the first 2 rounds, yes.

But after that, he can go at anytime

Reactions: NDblitz
Nope. That's great film. The scouts and coaches have the all 22 film and they see he is locking down his side of the field. That is extremely valuable

That's great film.

His lack of ball skills is the r3ason he wont be picked in the first 2 rounds, yes.

But after that, he can go at anytime
We disagree. Thats horrid film. Because he's going to be thrown at in the NFL. He also has played almost exclusively on the boundary, and that won't be the case in the NFL in almost any situation.

NFL teams will be gambling that when thrown at he will be able to break up passes or make open field tackles . All without the benefit of the sideline to help him. Things he has VERY little film on.

That's why his workouts will be very important. If his measurables are even slightly low, he will drop like a rock.

Can’t Wagner be the LT?

Zeke doesn't need to return. The worst blocker out of the five o linemen. New blood needed at center. Looking good with ABSHER,Spindler,Fisher,Jagusah,Wagner,Schrauth,Coogan,Baker,Chen. Some big fellas.

Zeke doesn't need to return. The worst blocker out of the five o linemen. New blood needed at center. Looking good with ABSHER,Spindler,Fisher,Jagusah,Wagner,Schrauth,Coogan,Baker,Chen. Some big fellas.
There is no way Zeke isn't welcomed back at center if he wants to return.

We disagree. Thats horrid film. Because he's going to be thrown at in the NFL. He also has played almost exclusively on the boundary, and that won't be the case in the NFL in almost any situation.

NFL teams will be gambling that when thrown at he will be able to break up passes or make open field tackles . All without the benefit of the sideline to help him. Things he has VERY little film on.

That's why his workouts will be very important. If his measurables are even slightly low, he will drop like a rock.
Yeah we couldn't disagree more. If you are locking up your man that the QB chooses to throw to Morrison over you, that is GREAT film

He has plenty of film over his 5 year career that there is no gamble. Playing the ball is not his forte, that why he won't be a top 2 round pick

Cam will most certainly be to the nfl. Watts Mills Cross Botelho will be the most important guys to get to stay

All 3 LBs could stay, transfer or try pro. How many would the staff want back. That will be interesting to monitor

Fisher Evans and Tyree will be the ones to monitor on offense
Time to move on from Botelho. How long do they have to wait for him to show any sort of consistency ? The younger guys have shown more.

Cam will most certainly be to the nfl. Watts Mills Cross Botelho will be the most important guys to get to stay

All 3 LBs could stay, transfer or try pro. How many would the staff want back. That will be interesting to monitor

Fisher Evans and Tyree will be the ones to monitor on offense
Totally agree with Watts and Mills and Cross. Mills is having a really good year, but he frustrates the hell out of me with his inability to finish tackles when he gets great penetration into the backfield. Cross is remarkably good and consistent as hell. I think Watts and Mills and Cross will seek NFL feedback, and hope they stay. If we are once again dependent upon Botelho, then I think we’ll be disappointed. The guy has good strength and quickness and athleticism, but I haven’t seen any moves or techniques beyond a head on bull rush that produces very little pressure on pass plays; and a tendency to get sucked in rather than holding the outside on certain run plays. Was hoping Junior or Burnham would excel as his replacement in limited action, and thought Burnham flashed at times. He needs to add good weight and strength. Frankly, I didn’t see enough film of Junior to have an opinion. I just think that Botelho has underperformed expectations created in part by coaches hype each of the last two years.

Time to move on from Botelho. How long do they have to wait for him to show any sort of consistency ? The younger guys have shown more.
W/B ? Been on vacation? (at least I haven’t seem you much; anyway good to see you here.)

That would be a shock with his film and tangibles
Julian was an AA and MUCH better player. Backed up by captaining the giants and nice pay day with Seattle. I don’t think 6’2 is going to have scouts drafting him 4th or higher. He fits the Kevin Austin mold to me, dripping with athleticism, shown flashes but likely late rounds/Undrafted. Although it was clear KA would have benefited another year, not so with Cam. Just don’t see him going 4th or better, Time will tell.

Totally agree with Watts and Mills and Cross. Mills is having a really good year, but he frustrates the hell out of me with his inability to finish tackles when he gets great penetration into the backfield. Cross is remarkably good and consistent as hell. I think Watts and Mills and Cross will seek NFL feedback, and hope they stay. If we are once again dependent upon Botelho, then I think we’ll be disappointed. The guy has good strength and quickness and athleticism, but I haven’t seen any moves or techniques beyond a head on bull rush that produces very little pressure on pass plays; and a tendency to get sucked in rather than holding the outside on certain run plays. Was hoping Junior or Burnham would excel as his replacement in limited action, and thought Burnham flashed at times. He needs to add good weight and strength. Frankly, I didn’t see enough film of Junior to have an opinion. I just think that Botelho has underperformed expectations created in part by coaches hype each of the last two years.
Telx- I think you were trying to comment on the OL battles earlier in the thread, but your content got mixed up the replies and wasn’t accessible to read. I hope that makes sense.

When you talk OL, I listen. Curious what your take is on all the talent and possibilities next season: Zeke, Fisher, Rocco, Coogan, Schrauth, Wagner, Absher, Craig, Pendleton, Jagusah….10 potential starters, and I’m sure I missed a few.

Julian was an AA and MUCH better player. Backed up by captaining the giants and nice pay day with Seattle. I don’t think 6’2 is going to have scouts drafting him 4th or higher. He fits the Kevin Austin mold to me, dripping with athleticism, shown flashes but likely late rounds/Undrafted. Although it was clear KA would have benefited another year, not so with Cam. Just don’t see him going 4th or better, Time will tell.
He has much better film and has a lot of film. Kevin only had 1 year.

I can see him going anywhere between 3 and 6th rds.

My point was he will definitely get drafted. Unless his shoulders are so bad that he becomes undraftable

Telx- I think you were trying to comment on the OL battles earlier in the thread, but your content got mixed up the replies and wasn’t accessible to read. I hope that makes sense.

When you talk OL, I listen. Curious what your take is on all the talent and possibilities next season: Zeke, Fisher, Rocco, Coogan, Schrauth, Wagner, Absher, Craig, Pendleton, Jagusah….10 potential starters, and I’m sure I missed a few.
Good noon Irish Mike. My take on the Irish OL is largely disappointment with performance against the better teams, but I also appreciate that it takes time for an OL with new guards to communicate and coordinate and perform at a high level. That said, I continue to be disappointed with Fisher’s overall play, and I have serious questions about moving him to the more demanding LT position. As Golson stated, crazy hard to guess next years OL without knowing what Zeke and Fisher plan.

Personally, I think Wagner can be an outstanding RT IF he gains more weight and strength this offseason. Based on high school film only, I think Jagusah will be challenging for one of the starting tackle positions As well. It’s a GOOD THING I don’t have any influence over these decisions. If I did, and based entirely on what we read as opposed to seeing daily practices, I would like to see an OL next season as follows: Jagusah LT…Fisher LG…Coogan @ C… Rocco and Billy fighting for RG…Wagner at RT. This is my pipe dream OL and it will NEVER happen. Fisher will remain a Tackle in college although I think he is better guard material. Jagusah would have to really shine to get this nod, but feasible in my opinion. Wagner has to gain weight and strength to have a legitimate shot at RT, and this has been a concern from the day of his commitment. This of course assume Fisher stays and Zeke doesn’t.

if both leave, then I think Jagusah at LT and Wagner at RT becomes much more likely, with Coogan and Rocco manning the guard positions, and Billy perhaps getting the nod at center.

We’ll have fun discussing better informed decisions once we know what Fisher and Zeke opt to do.

Good noon Irish Mike. My take on the Irish OL is largely disappointment with performance against the better teams, but I also appreciate that it takes time for an OL with new guards to communicate and coordinate and perform at a high level. That said, I continue to be disappointed with Fisher’s overall play, and I have serious questions about moving him to the more demanding LT position. As Golson stated, crazy hard to guess next years OL without knowing what Zeke and Fisher plan.

Personally, I think Wagner can be an outstanding RT IF he gains more weight and strength this offseason. Based on high school film only, I think Jagusah will be challenging for one of the starting tackle positions As well. It’s a GOOD THING I don’t have any influence over these decisions. If I did, and based entirely on what we read as opposed to seeing daily practices, I would like to see an OL next season as follows: Jagusah LT…Fisher LG…Coogan @ C… Rocco and Billy fighting for RG…Wagner at RT. This is my pipe dream OL and it will NEVER happen. Fisher will remain a Tackle in college although I think he is better guard material. Jagusah would have to really shine to get this nod, but feasible in my opinion. Wagner has to gain weight and strength to have a legitimate shot at RT, and this has been a concern from the day of his commitment. This of course assume Fisher stays and Zeke doesn’t.

if both leave, then I think Jagusah at LT and Wagner at RT becomes much more likely, with Coogan and Rocco manning the guard positions, and Billy perhaps getting the nod at center.

We’ll have fun discussing better informed decisions once we know what Fisher and Zeke opt to do.
I would guess Coogan moves to center with Billy at guard in your last paragraph

Where is Fisher going?

I would guess Coogan moves to center with Billy at guard in your last paragraph
That was my first thought, but then decided Rudolph needs more continuity. But yes, I would love to see Coogan’s size and aggression at center, and love to see Billy‘s size and aggression and technique at LG. Experience counts, but excited we have this kind of talent waiting in the wings.

Per usual, outstanding content. Thank you Telx.

I like the idea of Rocco, Coogan, and Billy as our interior lineman.

Maybe to LT....though of course he could go to the NFL but if he does not get at least a 2nd round grade maybe he comes back. I.E. What is the difference in pay for say a 4th round pick vs NIL at Notre Dame?
What is the difference? Starting your NFL Pension, and a year closer to a second contract.

What is the difference? Starting your NFL Pension, and a year closer to a second contract.
You can make a ton via NIL by staying and develop as a player and upgrade yourself to 1st Rd status.

The NFL is a bad place to go as an OL if you aren't ready.

Reactions: NDblitz
No way, Bothelo should/will get invited back.
I think he will, but might not come back.. next year he's going to have to keep better more athletic guys from beating him out, and at the least he's going to lose snaps...ND has a bunch of young rush edge guys. Boubacar and Burnham are gonna be tough to keep off the field.

Last edited:
He is not even the top 5 at Tackle. Most draft boards have him as 8-10 or not in the top 10.

Everyone needs to remember he redshirted in 2021 I believe. Played in 1.5 games.

He has much better film and has a lot of film. Kevin only had 1 year.

I can see him going anywhere between 3 and 6th rds.

My point was he will definitely get drafted. Unless his shoulders are so bad that he becomes undraftable
I’m not so sure.. friendly wager of $10K Pat Style?? 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT