ADVERTISEMENT

WOW. Most of the defense has another year of Eligibility

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
Out of the top 15 players logging the most snaps on defense only 3 run out of eligibility allowing another Covid year; however, there is the crowd that can go to the NFL or hang up the cleats. B. Morrison is a sophomore, plus Watts has already committed to another year
Cam is one possibility, but nobody just jumps out at you on D that will get drafted until the third or fourth round. MF will need to make some tough decisions on who to keep.
The offense other than Alt, Audric, SH, and Fisher looks like they will be intact as well.

Schedule doesn’t look overwhelming next year either.

Quick thoughts are defense should be great

Def not worried about the RB.

Need a QB (portal again?) and some WR to step up. Hopefully Williams can be a factor and great house can take a leap next year. Future looks bright

Out of the top 15 players logging the most snaps on defense only 3 run out of eligibility allowing another Covid year; however, there is the crowd that can go to the NFL or hang up the cleats. B. Morrison is a sophomore, plus Watts has already committed to another year
Cam is one possibility, but nobody just jumps out at you on D that will get drafted until the third or fourth round. MF will need to make some tough decisions on who to keep.
The offense other than Alt, Audric, SH, and Fisher looks like they will be intact as well.
Cam will most certainly be to the nfl. Watts Mills Cross Botelho will be the most important guys to get to stay

All 3 LBs could stay, transfer or try pro. How many would the staff want back. That will be interesting to monitor

Fisher Evans and Tyree will be the ones to monitor on offense

Reactions: Kelso86
@ Texas A/m will not be easy, @ USC is always a challenge. FSU is in November but they will be a top 10 team. Louisville is going to be a fringe top 25 team yearly with Brohm. @ Purdue can be a real challenge. Plus we never know how the portal will change teams. Can't go by logos and past history anymore.

Fsu usc tx am Louisville will al be difficult games. We're still missing 1 game as well
Unfortunately I think it will be another FCS team. I'd rather that than Army. Another Option team. Although they throw it way more now.

Depends on draft status. If they have no draft ability then they will be back, otherwise they are gone. To much money on the line to stay the extra year if you know that you are going to be drafted.
Sam Hartman came to ND because he was not getting drafted after 5 yrs. in college and to be truthful i don't think this 6th year has made him anymore attractive to the NFL!
These are the players that come back for 5 & 6 yrs. ,who will not be NFL material.

@ Texas A/m will not be easy, @ USC is always a challenge. FSU is in November but they will be a top 10 team. Louisville is going to be a fringe top 25 team yearly with Brohm. @ Purdue can be a real challenge. Plus we never know how the portal will change teams. Can't go by logos and past history anymore.
Next year's schedule is night and day compared to this year's travel wise. ND does not leave Indiana from September 1st until October 18th. Georgia Tech and Navy games both in NFL Stadiums and not on campuses.

Depends on draft status. If they have no draft ability then they will be back, otherwise they are gone. To much money on the line to stay the extra year if you know that you are going to be drafted.
Sam Hartman came to ND because he was not getting drafted after 5 yrs. in college and to be truthful i don't think this 6th year has made him anymore attractive to the NFL!
These are the players that come back for 5 & 6 yrs. ,who will not be NFL material.
Hartman would have been a late pick. He wanted to improve his stock.

Next year's schedule is night and day compared to this year's travel wise. ND does not leave Indiana from September 1st until October 18th. Georgia Tech and Navy games both in NFL Stadiums and not on campuses.
Oh don't get me wrong It is set up much better too. No 4 game stretch. And really 5 out of 6 were challenging games. NCSTATE-USC

Cam will most certainly be to the nfl. Watts Mills Cross Botelho will be the most important guys to get to stay

All 3 LBs could stay, transfer or try pro. How many would the staff want back. That will be interesting to monitor

Fisher Evans and Tyree will be the ones to monitor on offense
Don’t see Cam going prior to round 4/5, but not sure staying would help his stock either.

Reactions: artemis gordon
What. His father has corn husker tats. Why bother with him it is time to cut bait. Offer the legacy kid.

Don’t see Cam going prior to round 4/5, but not sure staying would help his stock either.
Yeah but hes a corner and coming back for a 6th year is not going to help him.

Hes having a great year. Hes had a bunch of injuries. No way he comes back

Fisher is not ready for the NFL. He isn't even the top 5 OT in the draft class. He will stay another year and switch to LT.
We will see where the new tackle commits are after this year. I am not sure he will move to lt. He has major lapses at right tackle and I'm not sure they want to deal with tracking that to the left side. I think it's more likely they leave the right side intact.

Of course he may elect to go pro if not given a shot at lt.

I agree Fisher is not ready for the NFL; but I have seen nothing in his play this year that suggests he should move to the more demanding the LT spot.
100% he would need a big jump this spring..I think in an ideal world hed be lt and jagusah would be rt .. I'm just not sure they will go that route.

The idea of jagusah and Spindler on the right is pretty enticing from a physicality perspective

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Yeah but hes a corner and coming back for a 6th year is not going to help him.

Hes having a great year. Hes had a bunch of injuries. No way he comes back
Actually I've heard he's strongly considering it. A lot will depend on where his testing numbers are. People don't throw at him for the most part so his draftability will largely come out of his measurable and camp workouts.

With watts and Morrison coming back ND will potentially have the best returning secondary in major college football, that would Garner a ton of attention and possibly help his draft stock.

Hartman would have been a late pick. He wanted to improve his stock.
Hartman has greatly increased his stock. The knock on Hartman was thoughts he was a system QB and unable to play under center. He's shown that is not an issue. Just because ND isn't challenging much down field doesn't mean the last 5 years of him doing so goes away. He's likely in the 3rd round range at this point.

Actually I've heard he's strongly considering it. A lot will depend on where his testing numbers are. People don't throw at him for the most part so his draftability will largely come out of his measurable and camp workouts.

With watts and Morrison coming back ND will potentially have the best returning secondary in major college football, that would Garner a ton of attention and possibly help his draft stock.
I've heard the opposite. That it would be a shock for him to come back

His measurables will be awesome. He's tall, long, good weight, hear his jumping numbers are very impressive.

He's had too many injuries to come back is what is being said

Hartman has greatly increased his stock. The knock on Hartman was thoughts he was a system QB and unable to play under center. He's shown that is not an issue. Just because ND isn't challenging much down field doesn't mean the last 5 years of him doing so goes away. He's likely in the 3rd round range at this point.
Somewhat. I think you are overrating it a bit. I think he was a mid to late guy and still see it that way.

I dont see 3rd round but hope I'm wrong. We haven't been under center too much and he's having a good year, not a great one.

I've heard the opposite. That it would be a shock for him to come back

His measurables will be awesome. He's tall, long, good weight, hear his jumping numbers are very impressive.

He's had too many injuries to come back is what is being said
Issue is his 40 time. Expecting to run 4 5ish. He's been as fast as 4 45 but apparently that was pre injuries. He has speed to make a team but not to be inside round 4. If he tests faster at the combine he will likely leave.. over 4 5 and I think he will come back, as his other knock is his downfield technique being too grabby for the NFL.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Somewhat. I think you are overrating it a bit. I think he was a mid to late guy and still see it that way.

I dont see 3rd round but hope I'm wrong. We haven't been under center too much and he's having a good year, not a great one.
I put him around the 10th QB in the draft which is usually round 4. Hence I think he has 3rd round upside if a team with a system wants him.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Issue is his 40 time. Expecting to run 4 5ish. He's been as fast as 4 45 but apparently that was pre injuries. He has speed to make a team but not to be inside round 4. If he tests faster at the combine he will likely leave.. over 4 5 and I think he will come back, as his other knock is his downfield technique being too grabby for the NFL.
Coming back does nothing for him. Hes playing awesome, he hasnt had an injury this year. Coming back is way too risky

His injuries have been shoulders so I think your sources might be a little off

Reactions: echowaker
Fisher is not ready for the NFL. He isn't even the top 5 OT in the draft class. He will stay another year and switch to LT.

Fisher has been pretty bad this year at times. He was absolutely atrocious against Louisville and I believe he’s the main reason we looked so terrible offensively. No way he gets a good enough grade to think going is best.

We will see where the new tackle commits are after this year. I am not sure he will move to lt. He has major lapses at right tackle and I'm not sure they want to deal with tracking that to the left side. I think it's more likely they leave the right side intact.

Of course he may elect to go pro if not given a shot at lt.
Is minchey left handed?

I think he is, I get where you are going here, but Angelo will probably start unless it portal time with Leonard or somebody else and CJ will probably start by season end

Reactions: Tru2Irish
I think he is, I get where you are going here, but Angelo will probably start unless it portal time with Leonard or somebody else and CJ will probably start by season end
Very unlikely angeli starts over minchey or carr. If those two aren't starting it'll be a transfer.

Coming back does nothing for him. Hes playing awesome, he hasnt had an injury this year. Coming back is way too risky

His injuries have been shoulders so I think your sources might be a little off
I agree coming back doesn’t enhance his stock but he very well could go undrafted too. Just remember where you thought Brandon Joseph would go and his “Sub 4.5 40”.

I agree coming back doesn’t enhance his stock but he very well could go undrafted too. Just remember where you thought Brandon Joseph would go and his “Sub 4.5 40”.
Cam Hart isn't going undrafted. He's really good. You guys are missing out on a really good football player of you are missing his season

Can’t Wagner be the LT?

Schrauth will want to be in the mix as well. Rocco of course will be back. Coogan back. Jagusah will potentially emerge. Tosh Baker potentially back. Zeke maybe back too. We’ve all heard that Craig has taken steps forward.

Wow……lots of options. I’d anticipate we see some transfers.

Any thoughts on what the OL will look like when we play @ A&M?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT